Total Online: 481

Newest Member: jessup

Latest Threads
- by yimbo
- by JiI

Old May 6th, 2008, 09:56 PM   #76
JiI
Forum Member

Location: Mokena, IL Yep, that's me falling down a sand dune in Michigan...
Member Photo Albums
Default Re: embarassing things that happened while driving

Great, now I'm hungry....
Jeff
JiI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2008, 09:57 PM   #77
max16v
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsmyuncle View Post
Soooooo I'm the only one that has rear ended someone while checking out a girl at the bus stop?

Wait, was that my outside voice?
I was on the freeway on a trip down to Santa Ana today when a cute chick in an Eclipse caught my eye. I was hauling ass in my parent's PT Cruiser, with the music blasting having some fun, when she suddenly slowed wayyy down which I quckly snapped me out of my gaze only to find out when I looked ahead was bumper to bumper traffic at a DEAD STOP. Tires were screeching trying to avoid smashing into a spanking new BMW. I ended stopping in time but I felt like an ass for the rest of the trip home.

My dad would hate the fact that I crashed his car while I was staring at a nice piece of ass... but come to think of it, he'd probably understand.
'56 Royal Enfield Super Meteor -The NorField
'69 T1 "Das Straßenzerstörer"
'86 Scirocco 16vT
max16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 01:06 AM   #78
Woltman
Forum Member

The guy I used to work with at the dealer was staring at a hottie while driving a customers brand new car out to deliver it, as the hottie looked back at him all you saw was parts flying he ended up hitting a brand new 1 ton dually being brought out to the front line.
Old October 31st, 2010, 12:06 PM   #79
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

haha, where to begin?

Lesse... my '73 super didn't really have too much, or if it did, i don't remember anymore.. I was more pissed than embarassed when it caught fire (no extinguisher, it was a total loss..)

in my current VR, I've done the crazy-swerving-shuffle after having a cigarette cherry fly back in the window and either into my face, or the backseat, or between the seat back and my back a few times..

I've almost crashed into oncoming traffic because a bee had gotten in the car and was relaxing, but suddenly decided it wanted out and started flying around my face (windows were up)..

I've had one of my glasspacks fall off at an intersection..

had to reattach an intake manifold/carb at a gas station on a road trip..

I know there is more and funnier things, but i can't think of them right now..

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========
Feel free to stare and admire,
but kindly tell me if it's on fire!

1972 VolksRod "Effigy" Build Thread
1986 Honda Shadow VT1100 Work Thread
tattooed_pariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2010, 12:18 PM   #80
Al Low Ha
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Last night I was heading home "post Halloween party". I was heavy in thought as I drove up the main road towards my little side lane, made the right turn as I've done a Kah-gillion & a 1/2 times, drove past the 1st 2 houses and realized.... I'd turned 1 road too soon and instead of pulling into my driveway, I had to turn around in my neighbor's driveway one block from me..NO harm- No foul but certainly a dumbass moment quite possibly due to a few Halloween Party type beverages. Or not!? Bwah ha ha ha ....
Happy Halloween!
Al Low Ha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2010, 10:06 PM   #81
mcabs
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

im in front of hawaii's pearl ridge shopping center in my 68 vw bug with brand new rubber on 15x10 centerlines 3inch wider fenders. get chicks at the bus stop so i gotta light up da tires and sample out of da parking lot. ive got 2 10inch bazooka tubes and 800 watts blazzin some reggea(eeka mouse). i burn out for a sec in first gear, full on sliding onto farrington hwy, grab second gear and nothing. cant hear anything because music so loud didnt even know im overrevvng and red linning 8grand in da old 2180 and ended up spinning the splines out of my driver side drum. so shame, i had to ask the chicks to help me push my bug back into the parking lot...man talk about making ass!!! at least i got da chicks name and # though.
since then none of my rides have stereos in them. love to hear the sound of the dual carbs in the background, and i wanna know or hear if i blow a rod or if something like my muffler falls off. hehehe lol
happy holloween
mikey
mcabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2010, 04:55 AM   #82
strat62plyr
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I stop sometimes at a Maverick (7-11 type store) to get a large coffee in the morning. This one time I was buzzing into town before an appointment with a customer but stopped to get coffee. I was pulling out of the parking lot and had to slam on the brakes due to another car pulling in front of me. Legs pushing down on the clutch and brake squeezed about a 3rd of the cup out into my crotch, wow that burned. But I think having to show up at my appointment looking like I pee'd myself was worse. I've since bought a metal coffee cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
If a dictionary could take a shit...
it would look like that sentence.
strat62plyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2010, 05:18 AM   #83
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

My latest embarrassment~ Dragginass-phalt

I was pissed but laughing
Originally Posted by fishguts
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2010, 12:04 PM   #84
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

This goes way, way, back. I ended up with my R&R (from Vietnam) in Hawaii. I'd never driven a VW and so rented one to drive around. I stopped for lunch at a little place around back of the island. Got back in to leave, and couldn't find reverse. I played with the shifter and tried everything but pushing down, you don't do that with a Hurst shifter or British stuff. About the time I was seriously considering pushing the bug up the slight slope to the road, the big Somoan cook came out and said "Hey bra, you need some help, yeah?" He told me how to find reverse and that the shift pattern decal that was supposed to be on the ash tray cover had been peeled off, most likely to mess with guys like me. The locals at the counter got a laugh, and I learned something.
V8Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2010, 02:07 PM   #85
marnat3
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Way back in my first ride (a 72 Dodge Dart w/ 318) I was sitting in my car drinking a large styrofoam cup of coffee on our main drag. I saw a couple of buddys go by and thought I'd try and catch up with them. So I throw the cup out what I thought was an open window (it was'nt) and SPLASH, coffee everywhere!!! I was soaked , the whole drivers side was now sticky and smelled like high test joe. Never did catch up with those guys that night.
Make it what you want, conform to no standards but your own--When you think it's done, if you say it's a volksrod---It is
marnat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2011, 08:43 PM   #86
rostigbug
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums
Default wheel alignment

found a place to get my alignment checked.,
I IMMEDIATLY drove Lumpy off the side of the alignment rackAttachment 27429

Attachment 27430

Last edited by rostigbug; January 1st, 2013 at 07:21 PM.
rostigbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2011, 01:33 PM   #87
AirheadZim
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: wheel alignment

sheeeesh you gotta remove those spoons before you idle up a ramp, fool!!
Zim'rod (zim'-rod)n.- a handbuilt Volkswagen hotrod or jalopy, sometimes a pick-up, from several different years of the classic German automobile. In particular, 67', 69', 72', and 74' model years. Built from the realm of an insane mind, with a volksrod theme or style. Thank you bugdust.
Daily driver: 91' Cadillac Brougham.
AirheadZim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2011, 01:37 PM   #88
Mock1racer
Forum Member

Damage??

besides your feelings...
Old January 5th, 2011, 06:29 PM   #89
rostigbug
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

[QUOTE=Mock1racer;495058]Damage??

A few more lumps on lumpy
Nothing that will not rub out
Old January 5th, 2011, 09:36 PM   #90
ratlook63
Forum Member

Not in my VW but the '72 Camaro with a 400 in it.... had it in auto shop for the day at school doing a tune up.... I couldve graduated Jr. year, but I decided to stay around... and 1st semester I had 3 blocks of auto shop and 1 of spanish.... Sometime durring spanish someone decided to drain the gear oil oita my rear.

The next day I picked up my buddy to head to work. About 15 miles away, we got to the top of a 2 mile long, 2 lane highway hill when I started to feel it. Halfway down the axles welded together on the rear gears and the whole thing blew.... Axles started to migrate out and blew my brake lines, and also snapped the driveshaft off. Told my friend to hold on. Somehow we made it halfway up the otherside of the vally and into a parking lot. Axles had moved out about a foot on each side.... had the car towed back to the auto shop and had it on a dolly by 2nd block... walked into 4th block with an axle in my hand asking who the fuck touched my car. Long story short no one fessed up and I got sent home for the rest of the week. Found a nice 3.83 posi to replace the 2.75 that was in there on my time off... Loved that car, but it couldnt beat my '63 in the 1/8 mile even after the new rear. ( dont worry we had a nice stretch of paved road for a future devolpment nearby that we could go drinking and take cars out on. Cops always left us alone.... I'm not sure if I should be more embaressed about the drinking and driving or the fact that I let a car get me so angry that I got suspended. Oh well, when I was 17 I could take on the world.....

If you make it to beer 6 without cutting anything you need to be doing something else." - MrChainsaw

Wanted:
Split tail lights. Repop ok!
Split dash pods or measurements to make my own. Repop ok!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Band
http://www.myspace.com/safetynautguaranteed
ratlook63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2011, 05:40 PM   #91
Hapster
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I had a 73 super that the front latch would come undone from time to time. I had a real cool airbrush compressor I made from a refridge compressor and a propane tank. It looked a bit like the original A-bomb. I went over a railroad crossing that abruptly came to a stop sign. the hood popped up and the compressor came rolling out and broke into pieces. I casually got out through it back into the trunk, latched it and drove off.

You gotta love v-rodders. 40*, poor brakes, 1/4 suspension working, 3+ body colors...but I drove it dammit!

I totally feel at home here.

project pics
http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ster/?newest=1
Hapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2011, 09:34 PM   #92
"cashthepainter
Forum Member

back in high school had a slammed 73 standard beetle, with very rusty floors...... anyhow got a date with this chick i had been diggin on for weeks. pick her up at her friends house and showing off (like a dumbass) punch it and her seat broke loose and she hit her head on my sub box, but she was cool until the battie fail out and got stuck under the car. then she called here friend to come get her, left me there.......good times!
"cashthepainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2017, 10:59 PM   #93
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Just found this thread, I've only read a few of the stories, I have a good one that didn't involve any of my many Bugs, I had 2 at the time, just wasn't driving one at the time

Summer of 88 my I'm driving the Great White, it was my 74 Cutlass Salon 455 older high compression engine, 400 trans with a shift kit, freshly painted white, my wife is in the passengers seat, our son who was about 16 moths old in the back, we're driving past a park, there's about 12 to 16 guys playing football in a field right next to the road on the drivers side, my wife who has a loud voice leans over me, I'm thinking WTF are you doing, she yells as loud as she possibly could "WHOOOO WHOOOO WHOOOOO" then duks back down in the dadgum seat, I look out & see all these guys looking at me, my hair at the time was past my shoulders, then I see a puzzled look on a few of their faces & hear "IT'S A FUCKIN DUDE"
It was purty funny, she definitely got me good, she keeps our life together interesting to say the least

I always said I'd get her back & do the same to her when a group of gals are gathered somewhere, she said she'd turn around & go back & say my brothers to embarrassed to yell & look, I still haven't done it yet, she drives HER car almost always, if she'd go back & try the brother thing, I'd get out of the car I may pay for it in the long run, but I'll do it when the time is right

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2017, 08:56 PM   #94
vdubjer
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I had my daughter with me in the Volkswooden the other day. Went through an intersection, and while turning left, the passenger door swung open! Fortunately she was buckled in and she calmly reached out and pulled it closed. Double checked the fitment when we stopped. Turns out she never fully pulled it closed when she initially hopped in. It had just enough friction on the latch but didn't fully "click". whew!
vdubjer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
popular thread