Latest Threads
- by PureC4
- by wvobug
- by 1slo3

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 6th, 2005, 05:52 PM   #1
ConductorX
Forum Member

On another forum where I hang out we have a running post on some activity we did the day before related to our VW hobby. The idea is to inspire each other to do some small amount of work related our Volkswaqens... it could be just washing it taking a drive some where or some actual work you did. The intention is to only post VW related activities if you didn't do anything VW related then don't post.

Last Friday I installed the engine into the autostick. After installing it I found I had the wrong nut on the flex plate. The engine came back out and the nut replaced. The engine went back in. I bolted the flex plate to the torque converter and when I was tightening the last bolt the nut broke off the flex plate.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yelling.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yelling.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko.gif[/img]

The engine had to come back out. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yelling.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yelling.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko.gif[/img]

Tonight I got the bolt out of the broken nut and then removed the other three bolts. I pulled the engine out once again. Tomorrow I'll weld the nut back onto the flex plate.

Before anyone asks, Bentley says "Unbolt the flexplate from the torque converter or seal damage will occur when pulling the torque converter with the engine." Since there are no more seals in captivity I unbolted the flex plate.

"G"

You can see the torque converter and the flexplate in this photo, the bolt is already removed.
No one ever says "It's only a game." when his team is winning.
ConductorX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
what did you do, yesterday