Latest Threads
- by Bugula
- by Ozrod

Old December 25th, 2013, 12:56 PM   #276
Hebster52
Forum Member

Default Re: Who has a buzz going on?

Darn...! Getting worried.....

One glas of redwine, wife "passed out" on the sofa, and myself all dizzy... Is that a bad sign?

Or just a sign of being a family and very occasional alcoholic intake or what...?

All I can say is, it is a cheap buzz....

HebsterWerks The secret workshop..
Hebster's projects in the introsection.
Cuttin' them splits up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
"What stripping?... all I see is bare metal!"

Hebster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2013, 09:35 AM   #277
Hebster52
Forum Member

Have a Verrry Hebsterrrry New Yerrr!

Quote:

Old January 2nd, 2014, 09:24 AM   #278
hotrodheb
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebster52 View Post
Have a Verrry Hebsterrrry New Yerrr!

I dig the bus ornament on the tree!

"READ more... post LESS." - Steve

"Girls who weld kick ass!" - Notched

"Grumpy, the new master of Anti-Donk." - TurboPunk

hotrodheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 09:39 AM   #279
Hebster52
Forum Member

You saw it! It is actually for a keyring lasercut in stainless steel.

Quote:

Old January 3rd, 2014, 05:12 AM   #280
metalmaster1766
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebster52 View Post
You saw it! It is actually for a keyring lasercut in stainless steel.
Somewhere on our tree is a Bug ornament that appears to be about that same size, I think it's brass, I don't know if it was meant to be a key ring or an ornament, I have no idea where my wife found it
I'll hafta look for it before my wife puts it all away

Ron

RSS
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2014, 04:03 PM   #281
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

was going to post an epic tale last night (aka REALLY LONG POST) but only typed up one segment.. got distracted by Star Trek and sleep.. :P)

7:15 PM 1/10/2014
Instead of spamming this thread, i decided to type it into notepad and copy and paste before I went to bed..

just opened can #3 of PBR.. been procrastinating on doing laundry, so doing that tonight. it's in the dryer now so i know i'll be awake and drinking for at least another hour.. Thought about working on the bug, but since I am three beers in, I decided it's not a wise decision to figure out where on the firewall I want to mount my oil breather box and MSD box and drill the holes/install the nutserts for that...

Only other hang up I have on the bug is a small aluminum piece that transitions from the throttle tube in the tunnel to the cable shield thing that comes with the Sync Link system.. came up with an idea about it and posted it on the Samba, and I think Pete may have misinterpreted my frustration at my own lack of foresight as my frustration at HIS lack of foresight, so he's sending me a new piece that will include my idea in it. I'm curious to know if he alters future kits to use my idea..

since I'm rambling, I may as well fill you all in.. There is a rubber grommet that goes around the clutch and throttle tubes where they exit the tunnel above the transaxle. In the iteration of his system I have, that rubber grommet holds a transition piece in place, but my car was apparently not built to accomodate that grommet, so after a trial and error, I came up with the idea of machining a hole in the side of the transition piece and installing a set screw to hold it in place.. instead of me taking my piece to a shop to have that done (I don't own a drill press and don't trust myself to not fuck it up in the vice) he's going to mail me a piece with that done..

It's funny, moving to Riverside in December 2010, my goal was to have the bug running by Summer of 2011.. then it was by the end of the year, then by Summer 2012, then I didn't set a goal, then again by Summer 2013, then October 2013, then January 2014.. Now my goal is ASAFP... :/

But this time I might just do it! just gotta mount the MSD box and wire it up, mount my oil breather box, get the carbs back on the engine and install it (carbs have to go on during installation, even with the apron removed, it's about an inch too wide..) and then try and tune it and get it running.. at some point I have to figure out reinstalling the apron so the decklid will stay shut, but until then,I've got some thick safety wire to wrap around the latch and the exhaust ;)

anyway, gonna begin season 3 of Star Trek: The Next Generation.. add more in a bit :P

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========
Feel free to stare and admire,
but kindly tell me if it's on fire!

1972 VolksRod "Effigy" Build Thread
1986 Honda Shadow VT1100 Work Thread
tattooed_pariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2014, 06:59 PM   #282
d3ghia
Rabble Rouser

Member Photo Albums

Sometimes I think this thread should be called "the idle musings of Matt"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkl Ian View Post
Don't be Fucking stupid.

The bolt is Fucked, it won't fix it's self,
the Bolt Fairy won't fix it, and you can't fix it.

I know there is a Full Moon, but quit Fucking around.
d3ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2014, 12:05 AM   #283
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3ghia View Post
Sometimes I think this thread should be called "the idle musings of Matt"

lol, well there was like 75+ pages of drunken banter from a lot of people but it got lost during a server switch or something.. :P

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========

Old January 17th, 2014, 05:33 PM   #284
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

me again :P

So I'm planning on getting some work done tomorrow night after work with a friend.. Namely, I need to figure out where on the firewall I'm going to mount my MSD box and oil breather box, then drill the appropriate holes and install nutserts for the extra "clean, professional" look :P

Well, I had bought a harbor freight nutsert installation set a few months back for this, but never actually looked at the threading I need.. The rubber dampeners for the MSD box are threaded #10-32... kit came with #10-24 The bolts that held my oil breather are standard bolts threaded M6-1.0.. this kit is all standard..

I'm gonna try and track down some #10-32 stuff tomorrow after work, and I think I'm gonna replace the bolts for the oil breather with some allen wrench style bolts in a threading that I have nutserts for.. the 10mm bolts it has now are a pain in the ass to get to anyway, would be much easier to fit an allen socket in the tight space than a full on 10mm socket..

also, tonight's dinner included one can of PBR, and a 22oz bottle of "Gentlemen's Club Old Fashioned Style Ale." it is "90% ale brewed with cherries, lemons & oranges and aged in rye whiskey barrels and 10% ale." 10.5ALC and actually pretty tasty.. the best description I could come up with when Genia asked me about it was, "Well, it's kinda thick and sugary, but, i guess, imagine if cherry flavored cough syrup actually tasted good.." :P

===========

Old March 25th, 2014, 05:11 AM   #285
alykat
Site Supporter

This seem familiar to any of you guys ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg !cid_AD00251AC57F48B89497D330C76AA763@Beth.jpg (58.2 KB, 13 views)
Old June 8th, 2014, 07:25 PM   #286
tequilla
Forum Member

Seriously..... I typed in drunk..... was at page #8 and still couldn't find the thread......
Anyway...... I haven't posted here in a while but figured I was past due..... At one point in time me and Matt owned this thread but oh well......... Had a really good weekend, smoked some tri-tip on the smoker and some flat meat...... ate too much........ had some fireball...... tequilla....... and some PBR...... life is good.......oh yeah..... I didn't know you too well but I miss you Matt

Let's step up the So. Ca. BBQ drunken BBQ tour

Share your cheese....... here kitty, kitty.......
tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2014, 09:29 PM   #287
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Sitting on my mother in laws couch.. Wife is asleep on the other couch, kid upstairs in the guest room probably enjoying the facebook page we let her have last night, mom in law in her room...

On jack and coke number 5 i think..

Been a CRAZY friggin last two weeks, monday we fly to virginia, still trying to arrange vehicle shipments.. Whatever, gonna have a smoke and make another drink :)

===========

Old August 9th, 2014, 05:34 PM   #288
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

got some work done on my VR today, then came home and played XCom for a while and drank some Jack and Cokes :)

all in all, a good day :)

gonna go try and convince the wifey to watch We Were Soldiers now... I love that movie, those guys were heroes and so were the wives..

===========

Old August 9th, 2014, 07:45 PM   #289
livin_in_a_cell
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Jack and coke very fine choice.
Last night I drank 3/4 bottle of crown and coke while cutting springs on my friends wrx. Tonight we were at the speedway watching the drift party and the two of us down our 12pack of blue moon. Now at home with my buzz just chillin.
livin_in_a_cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2014, 01:18 PM   #290
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

well, been a shitty last few months at work.. we have 3 production people and 8 management people in my department right now, and the head boss expects us to produce as much as a fully manned shop (around 25 production and 6 managers..) so we've been getting shit for not doing enough every day and even when we succeed we didn't do enough..

today I got out of work early, and came home and had two pbr's and now am most of the way done with a glass of jack and a splash of coke and i'm feeling pretty good :)

tomorrow, I'll pull my old exhaust off the bug for a garage sale we're having, my new exhaust should arrive within 4-6 weeks..

and yea, now i'm just rambling, maybe i'll ramble more if i get a chance in a bit..

===========

Old October 31st, 2014, 01:43 PM   #291
metalmaster1766
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Ramble on my friend

Me, I'm high on life now that my VolksRod is doing fine

A shot of Tequila would hit the spot later this evening

Ron

RSS
Old October 31st, 2014, 01:58 PM   #292
1slo3
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I don't drink, but can relate... I've been putting in 70hr weeks (salary) and finally get down to a regular 40hr week and then find out another biz said something I was in charge off caused major damage and wants comp'd for it. There was NO damage, they are just looking to get something for free. Makes me long for the days when I wasn't in charge of anything...
1slo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2014, 02:15 PM   #293
tequilla
Forum Member

I'm with you Matt, we used to own this thread...... Been drinking Amberbock draft, Fireball & tequilla....... Spent quality time with my future ex father-in-law stressing way too much about work trying to get a promotion..... building my Volks rod...... enjoying my Harl;ey and building a cafe bike

Old October 31st, 2014, 03:16 PM   #294
metalmaster1766
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Been a while since I've had any alcohol, but IF I had some Tequila, I'd have a shot later

Tekillya my ass, they're just drinkin it all wrong

Ron

RSS
Old August 7th, 2015, 05:29 PM   #295
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Halloween? fucking halloween?!?

that's the last time we remembered to post here?!? holy shit guys, we're losing it...

been a long week, got an app on my iphone that tracks the number of steps I take a day, it's reasonably accurate.. so far I've been averaging about 6 miles a day wince last thursday.. we moved aboard the ship on monday, so it's been nothing but walking all over the god damned carrier, up and down ladderwells, dodging shipyard workers, and all sorts of shit..

I'm in charge of damage control equipment for my department, so this week I carried a total of 8 38lb AFFF extinguishers and 5 45lb CO2 Extinguishers (not all at once, one at a time..) down two ladderwells and across the hangar bay to inspect them, and then back to put them away.. been an exhausting week...

so now, I've got a kid with a fever and body aches asleep on the living room couch, and a wife who slipped in the kitchen and smashed her knee into the ground when she fell, asleep in bed, and I'm on beer 4 and wide awake... might go out in the garage for a bit so I can keep drinking without waking anyone up.. :P

edit: carrying those extinguishers ain't the only thing that's exhausted me by the way.. i did all that shit on monday and tuesday, but i'm also responsible for my departments supply orders, and all of our workcenters, been a LOT of running around trying ot get answers to questions that should have been thought of 6 months ago..

===========

Old August 8th, 2015, 06:53 AM   #296
tequilla
Forum Member

Okay I admit I have been slacking off here...... I promise to step it up.

The biggest problem I have when drinking and being on a computer is that I buy SHIT! I recently acquired a 2000 Corvette Convertible, and just spent $1K on exhaust and a cold air intake. I also just spent another $500 on exhaust for the Harley........

So....... If you see me posting on this thread, talk me into taking a few more shots so I can pass out before I buy more SHIT!

.... as a side note; that promotion I was talking about in the October post........ I got it but with all the damn hours I am working it turned into a cut in pay!

.......... I think I need a drink.................

Old August 11th, 2015, 03:07 AM   #297
metalmaster1766
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Mmmmm Tequila, I can taste it right now just thinking about it, I just don't think my stomach could take it, that's why I gave it up, but I did get a lot done back then, 2 shots as soon as I woke up & I was ready for anything, I just don't wanna go thru all the med changes that go with adding that to my list of meds
It sure does sound good I'D get my happy feet back

Ron

RSS
Old September 20th, 2015, 09:16 AM   #298
Hebster52
Forum Member

Only for Vikings!
From a local brewery...

Quote:

Old September 20th, 2015, 01:57 PM   #299
V8Transporter
Forum Member

Interesting label. Are those goats?
V8Transporter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2015, 06:20 PM   #300
tequilla
Forum Member

Damn........ Hebsters local brewery is serving up goat piss??????

I can't hang with that......... I have been slacking....... not in the drinking just in the posting........

Finished my 32oz. Pacifico......... and my Fosters oil can with a nice little buzz going on....... Getting full so warming up in the bull pen is my Patron Cafe Flavored Tequila

I know you are out there Matt...... Join the party!

Tags
alcohol, beer, buzz, drinking, drunk, jack and coke, jack daniels, tequilla