Newest Member: justinvw2275

Latest Threads
- by Bugula

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 8th, 2016, 07:40 AM   #1
Ray-Dean
Forum Member

Default Yeah, I fucking did that...!

I know it's been quite a while, and no, I'm no further on any of my multiple projects.

In January I was still rated at 10% disabled through the VA. By the end of February I was rated at 20%. And buy the end of March I was rated at 80% disabled... So yeah, life, staying up for days on end banging shit out, working through pneumonia and double pneumonia has finally caught up with me. I now have degenerative arthritis in my lower spine, degenerative arthritis and impingement in both hips, tiniest in both ears, hearing aids in both ears, and I use a cane because the sciatic nerve in my left leg is pinching off. I have all but three symptoms of PTSD, which now has them questioning if I received a TBI due to incidents reported while I was still in the service. Other than that, I have been given several MRI's and CT scans due to suspected early asbestosis.

So yeah, I haven't been in the shop much. I have been doing things though. I have been working to help other veterans. I have become very active with veteran suicide prevention and counseling. I've been able to help a few veterans find employment and I have even helped a homeless Vietnam veteran get his life back on track with a new home, job, and outlook on life.

Most recently though, I created a law.

Yeah!

Me!

I wrote a letter to my State Representative concerning Stolen Valor and the lack of law at the state level, and that letter resulted in new legislation that can be enforcement ed by local, county, and state police. For those of you who don't know, stolen valour is the act of impersonating a veteran or active member of the military, or falsely claiming or wearing medals, ribbons, or awards that were not earned, or falsely recieving monetary gains from such actions. To some, this doesn't mean a thing, but to to 2% of Americans who sign their names on that blank check payable to the United States for an amount upto and including their life, it means a hell of a lot.

So yeah, this is when I went to the State Capitol and the governor signed my bill into law. Those of you who don't know, that's Thump, Beau, and Guss in blue just left of Governor Mary Fallon (right of picture), Jamie behind them, and myself behind and right of Guss.

Go figure, a volksrodder MAKING laws for a change instead of breaking them...

Last edited by Ray-Dean; October 8th, 2016 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Auto correct FUCKED me
Ray-Dean is offline   Reply With Quote