Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Go Back   Cut-Weld-Drive Forums > The VolksRodders Forum > Members Intros and Project Updates!

Members Intros and Project Updates! New member introductions and project updates...
Your ongoing "journals"...

User Information
Your Avatar

Stuff to check out...

Cool stuff you NEED!

Forum Stats
Members: 17,564
Threads: 32,440
Total Online: 1111

Newest Member: Tylerted

Latest Threads
- by 1slo3
- by Bugula

Old June 27th, 2004, 10:12 AM   #1
SlamIt70
Forum Member

well I've been here for some time but just came to the realization that I had not created my proper Intro page and decided that since I'll be here for a long time I might as well let you all know a little bit about me.

I grew up as a military brat living in paces such as Yokota Japan, Las Cruces New Mexico, Sandy Oregon, and various other place in this now chaotic world. My dad was the one who really got me into V dubs. He loved them praised them for everything they are (faults and all). He spent some time searching for a rusted POS for a project me and him could work on but around here (Sandy Oregon) its hard to come across a VW that isn't in good condition already. So finally we gave up for a while searching moderately for one that could suit my needs as I came of age to hold a drivers license in my hand and legally drive.

One day a good friend and fellow VW praiser came along and told me he would trade me his 1970 bug for my Blazer (He hauls things around for his construction business). We agreed and found ourselves in the exact situation we wanted. A rusted out Body that looked to be held together by bondo and duct tape but with a perfectly brand new engine (Chromed out with the bling bling might I add... which we stripped out and sold to some ricer CowLooker [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] ) After a few months we got it running and it became my daily driver and eventually the engine Went CaBOOM... The dumb ass who built it decided to put all brand new parts on the engine but decided to use an old fucked up Oil Pump... so the rebuilding began.. but not just on the engine but on the entire car from the pans up.

The engine was done in no time but the body itself needed some more work. Taking the body off we replaced the pans and body seal, under coated it all and went to work on prepping for the Blitz Black paint.

From here we wait for the following:

Wire Wheels (on the way)
Front beam extension (on the way when I get payed haha :D )
New firestone Bias Ply tires
And all the neccesary Headlights and turn signals to make this biatch street legal!

More updates when I get my digi cam back
Old August 23rd, 2004, 12:10 PM   #2
SlamIt70
Forum Member

Well I recently receieved all the fenders beading and body seals... I thought to myself while buying these seals.. "I don need no stinkin seals!" but then I remembered.. I live in Oregon and it gets colder and wetter than anywhere else I've been. So now all thats left is the finishing of the paint. which hopefullys goes on this coming Friday and then let it cure through the weekend and then the driving begins once all the body seals are on. I think the plan will hopefully be for OvalChick, Von Pete, and Myself will go along on a cruise-in show at the weekly show at PIR. Gotta represent the Volksrods!
Old September 23rd, 2004, 11:10 AM   #3
SlamIt70
Forum Member

wow... I don't update this much.. heh

Well its painted and now i'm about to make a big decision.. Fenders... or no Fenders... that is the ultimate question... I'm leaning mroe towards fenders but thats only because of my inability to comprehend on how to make it street legal in the state of Oregon.. low profile fenders would work great but I just have to find the right ones... Well I'll be adding pictures here soon of how it all came together.
Old July 19th, 2010, 05:36 PM   #4
SlamIt70
Forum Member

Default Re: SlamIt70

Beginning the process of building the 5" narrowed balljoint beam.

Old July 24th, 2010, 06:36 PM   #5
SlamIt70
Forum Member

Default Re: SlamIt70

Beam Cleaned Up:

This is pre-weld w/ some anti-rust white. I did this so I can mess around with some pin stripe ideas and then once I've welded it up the beam will be a gloss white with some lines layed out.

Some support for the suicidedoors.com site:

And here are my First "For Realzies" stripes that I did when I was inspired by PistolPete a few years back:

Its progressing pretty quickly now that I have all the parts for the suspension. Next step on the agenda is to get some 2" O.D. DOM so I can line up the beam and weld her shut.

All of the air ride parts are ready to also be welded up to the beam and next week the wife has authorized me to gather up the last little tid bit needs/wants.