Total Online: 548

Newest Member: Tylerted

Latest Threads
- by d3ghia

Old July 4th, 2013, 03:59 PM   #676
V8Transporter
Forum Member

Default Re: The PET THREAD...

So, we decided to keep our doggie day care open today. One of our 'employees,' (a poor term since the folks working for us are more like family) suggested that everyone bring a dish and we'd have a pot luck at the shop. Sherrie figured it would be slow and originally there would only be the two of us, and the rest would have a day off. But, the whole crew showed up with their husbands and boy friends, brought deviled eggs, home made brownies, home made goat cheese, guacamole, chips, pies, fruit salad, and our manager's husband Bar B Q'd burgers and hot dogs. We only had about fifteen dogs for the day and they chased balls, played in the kiddie pools and snoozed in the shade. What a great 4th!
V8Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 10:37 AM   #677
d3ghia
Rabble Rouser

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Transporter View Post
So, we decided to keep our doggie day care open today. One of our 'employees,' (a poor term since the folks working for us are more like family) suggested that everyone bring a dish and we'd have a pot luck at the shop. Sherrie figured it would be slow and originally there would only be the two of us, and the rest would have a day off. But, the whole crew showed up with their husbands and boy friends, brought deviled eggs, home made brownies, home made goat cheese, guacamole, chips, pies, fruit salad, and our manager's husband Bar B Q'd burgers and hot dogs. We only had about fifteen dogs for the day and they chased balls, played in the kiddie pools and snoozed in the shade. What a great 4th!
Glad to hear that your "work" is still open! It is a pretty nice endeavor that you guys are involved in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkl Ian View Post
Don't be Fucking stupid.

The bolt is Fucked, it won't fix it's self,
the Bolt Fairy won't fix it, and you can't fix it.

I know there is a Full Moon, but quit Fucking around.
d3ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2013, 04:59 AM   #678
alykat
Site Supporter

So Jeff (in Ill) asked about the little Mustang baby who was born a couple of months ago. He is doing well and growing like crazy. Here are a few current pics of little Jace. The last pic is with his 2 month older cousin. Her mom came from the same herd of wild Mustangs as Jaces mom and came to our rescue at the same time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1400.jpg (102.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1383.jpg (101.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1381.jpg (100.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1387.jpg (102.1 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by alykat; August 8th, 2013 at 06:04 AM. Reason: spelling
alykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #679
V8Transporter
Forum Member

Beautiful! Say, do you need a couple of ferrel kittens to keep the little guy company? I just trapped and had four nuetered/spayed, + rabies shots and micro-chipped...then turned 'em loose back up at my shop. 'Got one to go. A local outfit called Forgotten Felines does this for thirty bucks a pop...about the nicest folks you'll ever meet. They did almost two thousand last year(!). I've been feeding 'em since the neighbor left them to "return to the wild' a couple of months back. Finally named them, too.
Old August 5th, 2013, 02:41 PM   #680
alykat
Site Supporter

[QUOTE=V8Transporter;564343]Beautiful! Say, do you need a couple of ferrel kittens to keep the little guy company? Thanks V8 , but no. We have at last count 9 rescue cats, 6 rescue dogs, and (I think) 74 rescue horses. That may have changed though. I haven't been home yet today.
Old August 7th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #681
BugTower
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

The "kids"...
Cotton and Lilly, a 20 and 25 pound pair of Ragdolls!
Both absolutely LOVE water!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (49.8 KB, 6 views)
Old August 8th, 2013, 09:16 AM   #682
V8Transporter
Forum Member

Nice cats. Ours were over twenty pounds in their prime and ruled over our dogs all their lives (to ages 20 and 21).

I caught the last ferrel cat Tuesday evening and had her fixed, chiped, and innoculated. Named her "Ginger," turned her loose by my shop this morning. I think she's a little pissed at me. But now all five are healthy and they aren't so unhappy with me that they don't eat the food I put out.

Horses sound like fun, but I don't think I could get many under my shop, unless you have a couple under eighteen inches tall.
Old August 8th, 2013, 04:45 PM   #683
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

I shoulda named him Tank, short , stout and a bulldozer.
GEDC5857 (Medium).jpg

GEDC6162 (Medium).JPG

GEDC6580 (Medium).JPG

GEDC6656 (Medium).JPG

GEDC6698 (Medium).JPG

He's just turned 5mos, loosing those baby gator canines finally and getting the thicker teeth and he's entering the clutz phase with his feet. Only in the past week have I noticed his back legs starting to stretch. And has developed a voice that echos. He rides well in the vehicles, has out grown his halter and is bow legged as hell. But he's my puppy and still growing

A few vids of him~
That's a slice of bell pepper, it never stood a chance lol!
http://youtu.be/YmV_jZA7WWE

he loves to talk too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrLVYNokIVw
Atv ride
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or28vn3xiJc

And his first boat ride.
http://youtu.be/KCWPWyP5LdY
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2013, 11:15 AM   #684
jdinvt
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Well I just found out that my great dane has cancer and not sure how much longer he really has. He is going to be going on 12 yrs old which is a long time for a dane which is supposed to only be around 8-9 yrs old. Had some great times with him and he will be missed when the time comes and it will be very hard to see him go.
jdinvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #685
Steve
Administradora El Polacko

Member Photo Albums

Our bearded dragon "Dutch"...

Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2013, 10:12 AM   #686
V8Transporter
Forum Member

Last week I took Triumph and Bonnie for an evening walk and the next day Triumph was carrying his right hind leg. This happened a couple of weeks, back but this time after two days with no improvement we took him to the vet. Triumph is a 12 year old Golden Retriever from the red and slow-to-grow-old end of the G.R. spectrum. We thought he was just getting arthritic, but X-Rays revealed he has a osteosarcoma above his right knee. He's now on some serious pain meds and I spent some time sleeping on the bedroom floor next to his bed until we got the pain under control. The cancer doesn't look like it's spread to his lungs and so next Thursday his leg will be amputated clear up to the hip. It's actually a pretty common procedure and will end the pain from the tumor. He's in otherwise good health for his age and hates it that I now have to pick him up to put him on our bed for naps. Triumph is the one who back in Jan '11 alerted me to the fact that Sherrie had suffered from cardiac arrest, otherwise I might not have made it to her in time to start CPR.
Old September 21st, 2013, 12:06 PM   #687
alykat
Site Supporter

Big ol' load of Mojo comimg out for Triumph.
Old February 17th, 2014, 05:39 AM   #688
Bugula
Forum Member

We found a skinny, starving and sick cat in our yard. We're keeping him, but he needs a 2K operation. My Wife started this donation site. Thanks for looking.
http://www.gofundme.com/6wh5pw
Bugula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2014, 07:43 AM   #689
alykat
Site Supporter

Been there ourselfs. Christmas day or day before many years ago we got a call from a lady who was driving down a back road and found a cardboard box wrapped in duct tape (her dog was with her and started barking,scratching at the window, and generally raising hell as they passed it)and when she stopped, she heard a kitten meowing inside. She couldn't keep it as her dog was not cat friendly, so she called Beth and of course the kitty came to us. He was in very poor shape. Trip to the vet (who said he needed surgery which was very expensive and chances of survival were still uncertain and very small) so, sold one of my projects and a few months of treading a very thin budget line. Beth spent weeks hand feeding, changing bandages, giving special medication, shots, preparing special foods, and just spending lots of time petting and talking to him and encourageing him along. He was a tough little guy and now 14 years later Fiesty is still with us and is the boss pet in our household. Even the dogs know who is in charge.Much Mojo on the way for Buddy. Hope to see him in charge many years from now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02310.jpg (100.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg feisty hands.JPG (83.0 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by alykat; March 1st, 2014 at 01:13 PM.
alykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2014, 10:01 AM   #690
Bugula
Forum Member

Thanks guys. I'll check with the wife on the paypal.
Bugula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2014, 09:25 AM   #691
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

need some kitty mojo...

So my wife adopted a stray cat about ten years ago.. he had been hit by a truck or something, but seemed to be ok.. he's completely white with blue eyes (I guess that's not normal, most all white cats have green eyes, sometimes two different colors, but both blue is rare i guess..) he's also 100% deaf, but chill as hell. He and I hit it off right from the get go, and apparently everytime I visit, when I leave, he spends the next few days sitting by whichever door I left, like he's waiting for me to come back..

Anyway, a couple of night ago, he spent most of the night meowing loudly and whatnot, but sometimes he does that so they didn't think anything of it.. since then he's been staying in her bed, only moving to switch the position he's laying in. Genia noticed that he seemed to be favoring on back leg, and it's kinda shaking.. she picked him up and put hiim on the counter where his food dish is, he sniffed it, but didn't seem interested and prepared to jump off then counter, then fell over. they put him back on the ground and he took the opprtunity to go to his litter box while he was on that side of the house, so at least he hasn't given up hope and started just going wherever he happened to be, but he's not eating or drinking :(

She has an appointment at the vet today in a couple of hours, so we'll see if they can figure out what's up. I'm torn because he is a large part of the reason why I was planning on relinquishing my cats in April, since he was raised a stray, he gets violent around other cats (they keep him indoors only), so I was going to give up mine so we could keep him. If something is wrong that can't be fixed, then maybe I'll get to keep mine after all, but I actually love him as much as my own so I don't want anything to happen.. Iunno, just rambling now..

if you got some extra mojo, Hawthorne and the family can use it..

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========
Feel free to stare and admire,
but kindly tell me if it's on fire!

1972 VolksRod "Effigy" Build Thread
1986 Honda Shadow VT1100 Work Thread
tattooed_pariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2014, 10:41 AM   #692
JiI
Forum Member

Location: Mokena, IL Yep, that's me falling down a sand dune in Michigan...
Member Photo Albums

Mojo sent!
Jeff
JiI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2014, 11:19 AM   #693
alykat
Site Supporter

More Mojo from the High Rockies. Hope they can fix him up.
Old February 22nd, 2014, 01:55 PM   #694
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

So the vet was amazed at how healthy he looked (other than the pain) and how young he looked.. they never would have guessed he was between 10 and 12..

They think this x-ray might show damage he's had ever since he was hit as a kitten.. apparently he's just been dealing with it his whole life

at this point they are going ot try pain management meds.. worst case scenario, we might consider hip replacement. Vet said if he was older or not as lively as he seems, they might advise against it but even though he is at least 10 years old, they think he's got plenty of life left in him..

I guess now we just play the waiting game, see if his appetite returns when the meds make the pain go away..

This is just a huge shock because it happened out of the blue tuesday night.. this is a video Genia sent me last week..

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========

Old February 22nd, 2014, 04:16 PM   #695
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Cute and cuddly mojo sent Matt.
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 02:33 PM   #696
cybernotchback
Forum Member

NY Mojo from us and our two terriers. Hope Hawthorne is feeling better soon
cybernotchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2014, 04:35 PM   #697
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

So apparently it's a case of "the lion and the thorn"...

While he sedated they removed a tiny sliver of glass from one of his pads and now he's acting like his old self again..

Thank you all for your mojo!

===========

Old February 23rd, 2014, 04:47 PM   #698
JiI
Forum Member

Location: Mokena, IL Yep, that's me falling down a sand dune in Michigan...
Member Photo Albums

YAY! Happy kitty!
Jeff
JiI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 03:36 AM   #699
alykat
Site Supporter

Yay !
Old February 24th, 2014, 05:15 AM   #700
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Tags
animals, cats, dogs, fish, pet, pet thread, pets, snakes