Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Go Back   Cut-Weld-Drive Forums > The VolksRodders Forum > The Tech Bin

The Tech Bin An ARCHIVE of helpful and informative tech posts...

User Information
Your Avatar

Stuff to check out...

Cool stuff you NEED!

Forum Stats
Members: 17,564
Threads: 32,379
Total Online: 911

Newest Member: Tylerted

Latest Threads
- by Ozrod
- by DrHax

Closed Thread

Old October 20th, 2005, 10:00 AM   #76
Juliet
Forum Member

Okay, I found the Harbor Freight web site. What do you think about this Hobart welder? Would this be powerful enough to weld a tube frame together?
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Disp...temnumber=55236
And also, what else will I need to buy?
So far, I know I will also need: a welding mask - a gas bottle (what kind?) - wire (again, what kind?) - an electric grinder - do I need to worry about getting extra tips? - Will I need to have one of those chipper/hammer/wire brush dealies?

What else???

Thanks in advance for answering all million of my newbie questions. I'll send you a nudie picture or something (yea, a close-up of my best friend's father-in-law's belly button, complete with belly hair and lint).
Old October 24th, 2005, 07:06 AM   #77
P. J. Zilliox
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Juliet@Oct 20 2005, 01:00 PM
Okay, I found the Harbor Freight web site. What do you think about this Hobart welder? Would this be powerful enough to weld a tube frame together?
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Disp...temnumber=55236
And also, what else will I need to buy?
So far, I know I will also need: a welding mask - a gas bottle (what kind?) - wire (again, what kind?) - an electric grinder - do I need to worry about getting extra tips? - Will I need to have one of those chipper/hammer/wire brush dealies?

What else???

Thanks in advance for answering all million of my newbie questions. I'll send you a nudie picture or something (yea, a close-up of my best friend's father-in-law's belly button, complete with belly hair and lint).
I have a copy of Richard Finch's Welder's Handbook. It's thorough, but written in plain English a beginner can understand. (I put myself in that category, too.) Finch also wrote another book for Monster Garage called How to Weld Damn Near Anything. For all I know, could be the exact same book with more tattooed guys in the pictures.

Both books are available at Amazon.com, but you can probably find one or the other at your local Borders.
Old October 24th, 2005, 07:20 AM   #78
Juliet
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by P. J. Zilliox@Oct 24 2005, 10:06 AM
For all I know, could be the exact same book with more tattooed guys in the pictures.
Pictures of tattooed guys? Hmmm, THAT makes my choice easier!