Newest Member: syl023h2

Latest Threads
- by cretin
- by yimbo

Old January 12th, 2014, 08:02 AM   #1
Notorious Nick
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums
Default I Know this isnt the place to post it, but heres my intro.

Long awaited introduction, My names Nick Arrigo. Im known as Notorious Nick, Short bus, Nick the Dick, Slick Nick. Ill be 19 real quick. I no longer have a dad around cuz he's in prison for armed bank robbery, so I work on my car and teach myself how stuff works, its my kind of therapy. I HATE THE WORD RAT ROD I am a full blooded traditional hot rodder. Im a full blown weirdo to the kids my age, I can fix most things, Im pretty new to the whole volksrod thing, but im liking it so far, cool people, most still have that traditional feel. I have spent alot of my time in fab shops, grew up in southern california. I have 2 jobs some days are 13 hour days so im not some lazy kid. As of right now i have a 67 vw bug daily driver I have turned into a traditional style rod truth is it actually is very cool and traditional and well built and fast with alot of blood and sweat, from my bias ply race tires, to my leather seats that came from antique wheel chair pads, and lake pipes. Alot of work is left to be done. Im figuring out how to make my own straight axle kit, they seem real simple. And Im trying to find at least a 5 inch trans-axle raise, I might just have to build it myself, but i promise when its done it will make the Volksrod community proud. I also have a running driving 1966 deville that im working on, it will have a matte black body with a straight candy red roof with a gold base, i put 67 riviera rims on it and it is lowered a couple inches, i will be putting glass packs on it with flame throwers. and will be slamming the front and bagging the back so the bumper drags. i just sold my 1970 Cadillac led sled. I have been pulled over many times for doing burnouts, speeding, open headers, 2 girls and me in a 2 seater speeding. street racing and wrong plates on a car. I would really like to be part of the Volksrod community. P.S. I have been doing pinstriping for about 4 years, and I do car renderings and sell them and I live in Grants Pass, OR.
Notorious Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2014, 11:58 AM   #2
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

Default Re: I Know this isnt the place to post it, but heres my intro.

Hmm, looks like you'll fit right in. I mean, you posted your intro here, are you out of your frigging mind!!!? OMG the word as we know it will end!!!
(Welcome)
V8Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2014, 12:16 PM   #3
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Welcome to the crazy side. Post up some pics so we can see what you're doing.
A kid with some ambition and abilities is a rare thing these days.
Originally Posted by fishguts
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2014, 05:30 PM   #4
DrHax
Forum Member

Cool Re: I Know this isnt the place to post it, but heres my intro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious Nick View Post
Long awaited introduction, My names Nick Arrigo. Im known as Notorious Nick, Short bus, Nick the Dick, Slick Nick. Ill be 19 real quick. I no longer have a dad around cuz he's in prison for armed bank robbery, so I work on my car and teach myself how stuff works, its my kind of therapy. I HATE THE WORD RAT ROD I am a full blooded traditional hot rodder. Im a full blown weirdo to the kids my age, I can fix most things, Im pretty new to the whole volksrod thing, but im liking it so far, cool people, most still have that traditional feel. I have spent alot of my time in fab shops, grew up in southern california. I have 2 jobs some days are 13 hour days so im not some lazy kid. As of right now i have a 67 vw bug daily driver I have turned into a traditional style rod truth is it actually is very cool and traditional and well built and fast with alot of blood and sweat, from my bias ply race tires, to my leather seats that came from antique wheel chair pads, and lake pipes. Alot of work is left to be done. Im figuring out how to make my own straight axle kit, they seem real simple. And Im trying to find at least a 5 inch trans-axle raise, I might just have to build it myself, but i promise when its done it will make the Volksrod community proud. I also have a running driving 1966 deville that im working on, it will have a matte black body with a straight candy red roof with a gold base, i put 67 riviera rims on it and it is lowered a couple inches, i will be putting glass packs on it with flame throwers. and will be slamming the front and bagging the back so the bumper drags. i just sold my 1970 Cadillac led sled. I have been pulled over many times for doing burnouts, speeding, open headers, 2 girls and me in a 2 seater speeding. street racing and wrong plates on a car. I would really like to be part of the Volksrod community. P.S. I have been doing pinstriping for about 4 years, and I do car renderings and sell them and I live in Grants Pass, OR.
Wish I had half the crap on my list of skills that you do! Damnit this is I what I get for growing up in the cities Still post pictures we want to see what you're doing. Hey and being a weirdo to this generation of "kids" isn't bad. I learnt how the weld and am working on chopping my rod. Nice to see somebody else my age pop out of the wood work

Dude...you are sooo fucked!
DrHax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2014, 05:37 PM   #5
Ray-Dean
Forum Member

You said you into traditional, street racing and southern Cali...

So you know words is just words...

Welcome.

Now, show, don't tell...
Old January 14th, 2014, 08:23 PM   #6
Notorious Nick
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Ill show, Ill show, just be cool man.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nick Von Zipper.jpg (95.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg rod.jpg (27.9 KB, 13 views)
Old January 14th, 2014, 08:43 PM   #7
DrHax
Forum Member

Ex Baja or did you

Either way that thing has potential. Whats your plans for it?

Old January 14th, 2014, 09:11 PM   #8
Notorious Nick
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Not baja, I it all up along with the "value" haha thanks, it used to be full fendered and about 2 inches off the ground, iv won at a couple shows (who cares) got tired of it so i cut it up, so no going back now. haha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg craigslist 012.jpg (103.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg craigslist 011.jpg (102.3 KB, 8 views)
Old January 14th, 2014, 09:20 PM   #9
DrHax
Forum Member

Quote:
Not baja, I it all up along with the "value" haha thanks, it used to be full fendered and about 2 inches off the ground, iv won at a couple shows (who cares) got tired of it so i cut it up, so no going back now. haha
Fuck yeah. My bug I did the same thing to one day. Bought sawzall blades at menards and freaked out my folks. My bug is a POS that every vw expert told me to scrap So Fuck it Can't scream at me for "Ruining a perfectly good vw" Its going to be fun seeing how far this rabbit hole goes. After I sawed off the back I laughed screaming Well now changing spark plugs won't be so hard! Got this bug as my first car, and honestly I have no plans of ever selling it. Can't wait to see what you do.

Old January 14th, 2014, 09:25 PM   #10
Notorious Nick
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

it was cool, but it got old. Its alot more fun now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg slammedddddd.jpg (30.7 KB, 5 views)
Old January 14th, 2014, 09:38 PM   #11
Notorious Nick
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Yeah, mine isnt no gem either and who cares, i bought it, i can do whatever i want to it, people get mad at me for cutting up a 67 but so what Its my main daily driver and it is definitly a death trap jalopy but its fun and fast haha it has a 1600 with dual port heads, it had dual webbers but i went to a single 34 pict 3 cuz the duals were a pain to keep in sync. I have some crazy lake pipes for it, but there wide open pipes, but im really thinkin i might put them on soon. I have a homemade bamboo shifter leather seats from antique wheel chairs, 1 headlight about an inch off the ground, no speedometer, no horn, no heater, 1 wiper, death wobbles, funky brakes even though iv thrown about $280+ into them alone.. and I drive it like a juvenile delinquent, Im always balls out in it haha
Old January 14th, 2014, 10:19 PM   #12
DrHax
Forum Member

Quote:
Yeah, mine isnt no gem either and who cares, i bought it, i can do whatever i want to it, people get mad at me for cutting up a 67 but so what Its my main daily driver and it is definitly a death trap jalopy but its fun and fast haha it has a 1600 with dual port heads, it had dual webbers but i went to a single 34 pict 3 cuz the duals were a pain to keep in sync. I have some crazy lake pipes for it, but there wide open pipes, but im really thinkin i might put them on soon. I have a homemade bamboo shifter leather seats from antique wheel chairs, 1 headlight about an inch off the ground, no speedometer, no horn, no heater, 1 wiper, death wobbles, funky brakes even though iv thrown about $280+ into them alone.. and I drive it like a juvenile delinquent, Im always balls out in it haha
At least your car has brakes. Mine has nothing. The heaters were filled with foam and sealed off completely. The tubes hacked, I got a 1970's hurst shifter from my neighbour which helped with the cars tranmission and keeping the motor under wrap. Hell I was able to throw shift it and feel the front end lift up Not sure if the motor is modified, or if I'm insane. I've replaced alot of the mechanical crap on mine, using spare parts that came with my mothers "show bug" Hell I rebuilt the speedometer from parts spares I had lying around. Most of the stuff I repaired was fixing the prior owners nonsense. If you want to see what I put up with check out my " build thread" Haven't done much because we're freaking snowed in right now When spring comes I'm going to lob off its head and give a buzz cut.

Old January 15th, 2014, 06:53 PM   #13
Notorious Nick
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Your gunna put the roof back on though right? I dont know if i like the looks of it when they make them home made convertibles. I always thought hardtops, or hardtops with a rag top, those are cool on a chop. i wanna make mine a ragtop it'll be low gloss black painted with enamel tractor paint from the paint store I work at, and Im thinkin of puttin a dark red (think pool table felt red) rag top, and my shifter will already be tall due from the shift linkage being exposed, I want to have a big gold crown as a shift knob.
Old January 15th, 2014, 09:57 PM   #14
DrHax
Forum Member

Quote:
Your gunna put the roof back on though right? I dont know if i like the looks of it when they make them home made convertibles. I always thought hardtops, or hardtops with a rag top, those are cool on a chop. i wanna make mine a ragtop it'll be low gloss black painted with enamel tractor paint from the paint store I work at, and Im thinkin of puttin a dark red (think pool table felt red) rag top, and my shifter will already be tall due from the shift linkage being exposed, I want to have a big gold crown as a shift knob.
4 inch creighton style chop. Fully slanted back windshield. Then i'm going to cut out the heater channels and weld plates to the bottom of the car so it sits flat. I might remake heater channels out of copper piping if i really need them I want to keep the car as bare and as minimal as possible. So for the door panels i plan just making pieces that just plug the holes leaving the bare metal exposed. I'm not going to fill in the back panels. I'm even tempted to take a drill and drill out holes in certain areas like i've seen done to vintage drag racers. I also plan on giving this car some nice rack, and my main goal for the car besides Hurst white wall piecrust cheater slicks and matching cheater slicks up front (Ten inch widened rears and stock 4 1/2 up fronts) is to throw a corvair motor in this bad boy, Just like the KDF mangler and Operation X. First I need to chop the bad boy, but I need to wait till the threat of being snowed stops.

Old January 16th, 2014, 07:57 AM   #15
Notorious Nick
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Thats the way i wanna chop mine too, i was thinking of cutting out pieces of sheet metal for door panels in the front and the back, then riveting them in. I would like to have a full safari front windshield after its chopped.
Old January 16th, 2014, 11:03 PM   #16
DrHax
Forum Member

Quote:
Thats the way i wanna chop mine too, i was thinking of cutting out pieces of sheet metal for door panels in the front and the back, then riveting them in. I would like to have a full safari front windshield after its chopped.
Love them safari windows. Also debating on filling the trim holes with rivets to just give that extra look. Thats why I also am thinking about filling the fender.. I don't know what its called That area where the fender attaches. Smoothing it out putting a plate behind it. Drilling out holes in the same vintage style I mentioned earlier. I want this car to look absolutely absurd. My girlfriends stepfather saw a post I did in the car club facebook showing off operation X and my plans with a corvair motor. He said it looked asburd Thats kind've the point. To have an asburd fun car I built myself and will have something I crash the local shows with.

Old January 17th, 2014, 11:26 AM   #17
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

You only got "absurd." I've been told my SC is a, "Travesty ."
Old January 17th, 2014, 02:49 PM   #18
DrHax
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Transporter View Post
You only got "absurd." I've been told my SC is a, "Travesty ."
Oh trust me i'm expecting alot worse when I get this car chopped.

I'm hoping to see a few twin cities club purists cringing. Also with the way i'm doing my bug I should in theory be able to get MN street rod plates... Now that would stick off quite a few people.

Old January 17th, 2014, 08:02 PM   #19
Notorious Nick
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Take it to a show and shine, or some high dollar car show and see how much more attention you get than the 50,000 48 ford next to you, that is painted some ugly colors like piss yellow and pink with some ugly wheels, im sure your car will probably get the most attention, just stick with your project, dont stall out half way though, you got some cool ideas.
check this out, this is my car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before and after.JPG (44.6 KB, 10 views)
Old January 17th, 2014, 09:46 PM   #20
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

I was at a car sow when I was twelve of thirteen and overheard two of the custom car owner/builders talking. One guy said "if everyone likes your car, you probably did something wrong."
Old January 17th, 2014, 10:07 PM   #21
DrHax
Forum Member

Quote:
Take it to a show and shine, or some high dollar car show and see how much more attention you get than the 50,000 48 ford next to you, that is painted some ugly colors like piss yellow and pink with some ugly wheels, im sure your car will probably get the most attention, just stick with your project, dont stall out half way though, you got some cool ideas.
check this out, this is my car.
Potential as I said. The reason why I like volks rodding is because it has that mechanical feel. I grew up in st.paul and across the street from me was your Typical MSRA member.. a person who was older.. and had two 1930's cars.. Didn't turn a single nut on them, thought they were worth far more then they were. Viewed them as investments. Theres different mindset with cars. Where I live you see some people with beautiful cars with 40k invested in them. Don't even care about winning trophies they just come to shows to hang out with everybody and have a good time Gee which group did I join when they asked me too

Enough of my highjack Seriously can't wait to see what happens with your ride It looks like its going to be fun :