Newest Member: syl023h2

Latest Threads
- by cretin
- by yimbo

Old December 4th, 2012, 03:05 PM   #1
ratlook63
Forum Member

Cool Shameless plug
Re:: The band needs some help putting out our album!   

We are trying to raise money to press our 1st 12 inch. Help us meet our goal and get some exclusive offers. Ill throw in some extras for volksrodders.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...t-album-be-a-p

If you make it to beer 6 without cutting anything you need to be doing something else." - MrChainsaw

Wanted:
Split tail lights. Repop ok!
Split dash pods or measurements to make my own. Repop ok!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Band
http://www.myspace.com/safetynautguaranteed
ratlook63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2012, 04:08 PM   #2
ratlook63
Forum Member

Default Re: Shameless plug

Thanks for the support so far! We have lowered the quantity of 12" records we will press and will include a 7" with many pre orders! I will throw in stickers for any Volksrods pre orders and other merch as well if you pledge over $25!

Support local independent music!

If you make it to beer 6 without cutting anything you need to be doing something else." - MrChainsaw

Wanted:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Band
Old January 6th, 2013, 09:00 AM   #3
ratlook63
Forum Member

Thanks for everyone's help so far! Down to 12 hours and $800 to go! Any help is appreciated. Shoot me a PM to let me know you pledged and I will throw in some extras!

Wanted:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Band
Old January 6th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #4
shortshiftstudios
Forum Member

Man... I LOVE ska/reggae. about 85% of my music collection (probably 3000 cds, 300 records, countless tapes, and even some 8-tracks) are some form of ska, reggae, rocksteay, dub, dancehall... first wave, second wave, third wave, I love it all. I'd love to contribute, but I'm still waiting to get paid. my boss owes me money from Thanksiving on... ugh. When you do get them pressed (much respect for DIY), put me down for one...
Old January 6th, 2013, 01:10 PM   #5
ratlook63
Forum Member

Will do! Thanks for the support! Our passion is the music, not money so we have always been DIY. Though we do have some links to the NYC and DC scenes. We have been trying to put together (with the help of The Toasters and The Pietasters) a block of East Coast band to do tours with. If you like us check out The Shifters from DC, The Forthrights from NYC, The Snails from Philly and The Drastics and Pinstripes. All some killer up and coming rocksteady/ 1st and 2nd wave bands. Highly recommend picking up The Shifters 10 inch if you get a chance. Hasn't left my turn table since we toured with them last year.

Wanted:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Band
Old January 6th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #6
shortshiftstudios
Forum Member

dude... the toasters. I searched for a 1956 bug for awhile solely so I could listen to "Dub 56" when I drove around, lol. I'll have to look for the Shifters... I want to say that it sounds familiar... Are the Slackers still around? They had that ska "groove" nailed down. I know one of the guys got into legal trouble awhile back... kinda funny I saw this thread today, I'm working on some art and grooving to some skatalites and byron lee while doing it...
Old January 7th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #7
ratlook63
Forum Member

Nice! Today we just got the offer to open/ back Monty Morris and Roy and Yvonne in Chicago in March! I'm beyond words!

Slackers are still around though they don't seem to be too into networking. Opened for them a few times in the past.

Got over 100% funded on the album so it should be pressed by march! Again if any if you Volksrods guys contributed shoot me a PM and when we ship I will slip a little extra in the package for ya! Ill keep everyone else posted on when the 12 inch will be for sale. Tracks are being mastered now and everything should be back in our hands by March!

Songs are up here:
http://pressurereggae.bandcamp.com/

Wanted:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Band
Old January 7th, 2013, 03:53 PM   #8
shortshiftstudios
Forum Member

congrats on the offer, and super-congrats on the album!
Old October 17th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #9
ratlook63
Forum Member

Well, finally some news. We kicked the record company to the curb after months and months of delays and excuses. Finally ended up getting a 45 and LP pressed ourselfs. 45 is in our hands and the LP is being test pressed as we speak.

Here's a link to our merch page. Listen for free and if you like it grab a copy of the 45 and pre order the LP!

https://pressurereggae.bandcamp.com/...-available-now

Wanted:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Band
Old February 16th, 2014, 01:50 PM   #10
ratlook63
Forum Member

I was made aware of today a hacking of kick starter. Anyone who donated, please change your password! Anyone who donated, I'm excited to let you know we have 12 inch LPS in our hands and will be sending out ASAP. We had to switch record company's in dec. because the last one was stringing us along. If you have any issues or would like to support a fellow volksrodder please pm me or text me at sixonezero-seven24-20-10.

Sorry and thank you!

Wanted:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Band
Old February 16th, 2014, 01:54 PM   #11
ratlook63
Forum Member

Any vrodders who contributed and have not recieved anything yet please post your emails here and/or pm me.

Wanted:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Band
Old February 17th, 2014, 04:34 PM   #12
Jon
Forum Member

You guys ever playing in Jax, Florida ? Let me know I will totally go see you.
We had a Ska Band here called Konami Code that was good but fell apart they were great.
We had a thing called Skanksgiving and had like 7 Ska Bands to play it was great. Would love to see some more.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote