Total Online: 581

Newest Member: Tylerted

Latest Threads
- by Ozrod
- by DrHax

Old March 11th, 2014, 10:09 AM   #51
tequilla
Forum Member

Default Re: SoCal'ers! BBQ.. September :)

Let me know when May 10th becomes "official"

Share your cheese....... here kitty, kitty.......
tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2014, 12:17 PM   #52
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

May 10th it is!

Sorry for the delay.. told the Wife about it, and she wanted to come down for it, but couldn't make that weekend.. turns out she used up all her time off anyway.. :/

figure official "start-time" around noon.. same as the last few, show up when you can, i'll have burgers, dogs, and limited amount of beer, you don't gotta bring anything but yourself, but I won't stop you from bringing stuff :P

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========
Feel free to stare and admire,
but kindly tell me if it's on fire!

1972 VolksRod "Effigy" Build Thread
1986 Honda Shadow VT1100 Work Thread
tattooed_pariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2014, 05:18 PM   #53
Skag
Forum Member

Where's this going to be at? I live in La Habra, and even though I haven't done jack to my car yet I'd still be down to head over and enjoy a couple beers with everyone. :D
Skag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2014, 08:36 AM   #54
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag View Post
Where's this going to be at? I live in La Habra, and even though I haven't done jack to my car yet I'd still be down to head over and enjoy a couple beers with everyone. :D
just the other side of Chino at the house I'm renting in Riverside.

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========

Old March 28th, 2014, 10:22 AM   #55
tequilla
Forum Member

Hey Matt...... PM me directions so I don't get lost again...... I will be there You got room on your floor just in case I come alone????????

Old April 25th, 2014, 03:10 PM   #56
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

well god damnit.. push the start time back until about 3... someone took leave at work so i can't have the day off, They'll let me leave between 130-200 though, and it's only about 20 minutes for me to get home..

so pretty much if you show up at 230, you may have to wait a couple of minutes (traffic), but i'll be there at 3 for sure..

===========

Old April 30th, 2014, 10:20 AM   #57
tequilla
Forum Member

Still May 10th right? I'll be there

Old April 30th, 2014, 10:28 AM   #58
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

yep, still may 10th :)

===========

Old April 30th, 2014, 05:55 PM   #59
metalmaster1766
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Seeing how Riverside California is 2143 miles & a 32 hour drive from Cincinnati Ohio, I doubt I'll be able to make it, but, when your on your way to Virginia your welcome to stop by my place, not sure exactly where your headed in Virginia, but it may not be that far out of your way
Now I'd hafta buy a new grill, but we need a new one for this Summer, we onlt use charcoal as it tastes much better than gas, we used to grill out all year long until about 4 years ago, I took an old gas grill & removed the burners, my neighbor next door could never figure out how we could grill with no propane tank, he wasn't very smart, one evening after he watched my wife & I take our food in the house & eat, I came outside to relax while the sun went down, he walked over to talk & went to rest his arms on top of the grill & burnt the hell out of his arms, he was a dumb ass

I'll be there in spirit May 10th, so everybody have a shot or two of Tequila for me

Ron

RSS
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 10:52 PM   #60
d3ghia
Rabble Rouser

Member Photo Albums

Ron gets naked when he drinks Tequila - so make sure you do it right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkl Ian View Post
Don't be Fucking stupid.

The bolt is Fucked, it won't fix it's self,
the Bolt Fairy won't fix it, and you can't fix it.

I know there is a Full Moon, but quit Fucking around.
d3ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2014, 10:33 AM   #61
tequilla
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmaster1766 View Post

I'll be there in spirit May 10th, so everybody have a shot or two of Tequila for me

Ron

I got this covered

Old May 1st, 2014, 01:02 PM   #62
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by tequilla View Post
I got this covered
no puking on the side of the road this time! ;)

Got my squatters out yesterday, so as of right now, my room looks the same, but the other two bedrooms are empty and i have a couch and coffee table in the living room... basically, there's tons of floor space and i have a handful of blankets if anyone needs to crash :)

I'm planning on buying burgers/dogs/buns for each, and probably about $30-40 worth of canned pbr... if anyone wants anything else, or if you guys want to bring bags of chips or something, that would be cool :)

===========

Old May 1st, 2014, 01:02 PM   #63
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

oh i'll buy some soda too for the non-drinkers :)

===========

Old May 1st, 2014, 03:14 PM   #64
metalmaster1766
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3ghia View Post
Ron gets naked when he drinks Tequila - so make sure you do it right!
I only get naked with my wife, up until a few years ago we would go thru two 5ths of Tequila every weekend, we finally quit when we started buying a 3rd bottle to get us thru the weekend

Now for the rest of the story, a year before my kidney transplant I was feeling bad every morning, even on days I didn't drink Tequila, after I had the kidney transplant things were a bit hectic with getting all the meds right, so 6 months after the transplant we decided to rent a house boat at Lake Cumberland Kentucky, just the 2 of us on a 18 person house boat, it had 9 beds & a hot tube, I was scheduled for a biopsy of my transplanted kidney because my lab numbers were all out of whack, so on the way down we bought 3 cases of beer & s half gallons of Tequila, my wife was the beer drinker, I could only drink 3 beers, the next day I felt like I had drank 100 beers, so I stuck with my Tequila, even got my wife to drink it that weekend as well as drinking coffee, it was one crazy fun 4 day weekend

So the day after we got home I went to the hospital to have my biopsy, not something they like doing as it can case kidney failure, so as I'm getting prepped for the biopsy they take blood & run it thru the lab STAT which mean they need the results ASAP, after 30 minutes the results come back & everything is just right, so muy doc canceled the biopsy, then he has me give blood the next Monday, Wednesday, & Friday, by Friday my numbers are all up to high, so he schedules another biopsy for the following Monday, we drink a bottle of Tequila over the weekend, Monday my lab results were right where they are supposed to be, after 4 weeks of tthis my doc asks me if I'm doing anything different, so I tell him about our weekend Tequila drinking, he didn't say "keep on drinking" but he did say if it works, keep at it
after 8 years of Tequila weekends my stomach just couldn't take it anymore, so I stopped drinking it, next thing ya know my lab tests start turning worse, after a month my doc asks me what I'm doing differently, I tell him I gave up the Tequila, so he started medication changes & finally after almost 4 months my lab result start to go back to normal, well normal for a transplant patient, it was crazy, we think it was do to my mom who drank B urbon or B acadi Rum every weekend & the kidney she gave me was going thru withdraw symptoms, so now I only do a shot or 2 on special occasions & I might drink 6 beers a year

It was crazy, if it wasn't for my stomach I'd most likely still be drinking Tequila every weekend, but I can compare it to drinking acetone, gasoline, it just really bothers my stomach, but I still celebrate a few times a year by drinking maybe 3 shots every few months

So that's why I said to have a few shots for me, if I could make it in person I'd bring a bottle of Cabo Wabo Tequila, the stuff Sammy Hagar makes, it's the best Tequila on the market, unless your taste buds are shot, I had someone tell me Petron was the best, so I has a few shots, I'd have rather drank a gallon of gasoline than one shot of that stuff

So make sure ya's have at least one shot for me, I have a little bit left in a bottle, so on that day I'll have myself a shot along with ya's, & may end up with Happy Feet

Ron

RSS
Old May 9th, 2014, 08:25 AM   #65
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Final reminder.. Tomorrow afternoon, my house, BBQ, beer and water for you non-drinking types :)

I normally work until 1530, but they're going to try and cut me loose around 1345 or so, I SHOULD be home no later than 1430.

Yesterday I bought 40 burgers, 24 dogs, and two cases of bottled water, today I'm gonna buy some cases of canned PBR, if you want anything else, feel free to bring it.

PM me for the address if you need it.

I've got one couch and a lot of floor space open for crashing. Looking forward to seein as many of you one more time :)

===========

Old May 9th, 2014, 10:23 AM   #66
metalmaster1766
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Again, I'll be there in Mind & Spirit, have a few double shots of Tequila for me, & make sure you get the good stuff "Cabo Wabo" it's a bit expensive, when we could afford it back during my drinking days, which were only until 2010, that's all my wife & I drank
Make sure it's ice cold before drinking it & drink a glass of water with each shot, you will never get that "Takillya feeling" I told everybody it was my "TakeepRonalive" drink

After my kidney transplant 1-2-2001, I had not had a drink in well over a year before, I was having a terrible time, my doc was changing my meds around to get my numbers where he wanted them, nothing was working, 6 months had gone by, that June my wife & I had planned our Honeymoon, we never had one after we got married, just the 2 of us rented an 18 person house boat at Kentucky's Cumberland lake, I was scheduled for a kidney biopsy the following Tuesday to see if it was going bad (my transplanted kidney), so on the way down we stopped & bought 2 half gallons of Jose Quervo, a few cases of beer, we finished it all during the 3 days on the boat
that Tuesday I went for my biopsy, they took blood, got me on the CAT scan machine, when my blood results came back, everything was fine, he canceled the biopsy, so over the next month, I was giving blood every Monday, Wednesday, & Friday, Mondays everything was great, by Friday, everything was in the red zone, so after 4 weks he asked me what I was doing over the weekends that I wasn't doing during the wek days, so I told him, every Friday & Saturday my wife & I were drinking a 1/5 of Tequila, he just told me that he doesn't recommend it, but to keep on doing what I was doing
Then my stomach started hurting every time I had a shot, it was like drinking battery acid (if you can imagine that feeling), so I stopped drinking it, then my lab results went crazy, after a few weeks he asked me what I was doing differently, I told him I quit drinking do to my stomach, it took well over 6 months of medication changes to get things right, I'll have a shot or 2 of Tequila every once in a while, possibly 4 times a year, but when I do, it's only Cabo Wabo Ice Cold

Enjoy your weekend everyone who goes, I'll be thinking of y'all Saturday, I may even have a shot or 2 of Tequila around 10 PM Cinci time, that's 7 PM Cali time

A long distance to y'all

Ron

RSS
Old May 9th, 2014, 11:38 AM   #67
tequilla
Forum Member

I was going to pm you Matt to make sure it was still on, guess I don't need to now. I will be there I'll bring some chips or something

Old May 9th, 2014, 12:03 PM   #68
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I was going to pm you Matt to make sure it was still on, guess I don't need to now. I will be there I'll bring some chips or something
sounds good!

===========

Old May 11th, 2014, 12:48 AM   #69
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Well, my final hosting of the SoCal Drunken BBQ Tour has concluded..

Thank you to Joel, Chris and JJ for actually showing up...

It was a very small gathering of some of my Volksrodder friends and some of my pool playing friends, but I'd like to think we had a good time..

Now what the fuck to do with 30 burgers, 15+ hot dogs, and probably 60+ cans of pbr.... guess i know what i'm eating/drinking for the next month...

seriously, one of you all needs to take charge and keep this shit going... I started it, but someone plan something, get in touch with everyone and get together and hang out!

===========

Old May 12th, 2014, 09:52 AM   #70
tequilla
Forum Member

I had a good time. Was nice seeing JJ again and of course you too Matt before your relocation. I'm always willing to host an event at my house but the biggest stumbling block is getting some participation. Let's work on getting the Volksrod family spirit going like it use to be!

p.s. Thanks for the VW parts Matt

Old May 12th, 2014, 04:41 PM   #71
metalmaster1766
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I'm hoping to have an outback party sometime around July 7'th 2016, looks like the 9'th is a Saturday, so that may be the day if all works out

A few years ago I told my wife I'd like to have a Birthday party, I have never ever had one, ya see, it's always snowing, or just too dang cold on my Birthday, I got calls every year, my 100 year old granma still calls me to sing the Happy Birthday song to me, this past birthday I recorded it & saved just in case I never get to hear it live again, it's something I'll truly miss, but I have it covered now

Back to July of 2016, I'm gonna celebrate that birthday during the the summer, it will be my 50'th, Janurary is just too dang cold, plus our house is rather small, our yard is kinda big & gaining more space each week, & as long as I keep hauling trailer loads off, I'll have plenty of room

I'll remind ya's when the time come closer

Ron

RSS
Old December 16th, 2019, 09:10 AM   #72
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

I'm coming back to San Diego early next year! Who all is still in the SoCal area? let's try to plan something this coming summer! :D

===========

Old December 16th, 2019, 01:49 PM   #73
tequilla
Forum Member

I'm still in So Cal living in the same location back when you lived in Riverside and hosted the world famous BBQ with Tittler as a featured guest.............

Old December 16th, 2019, 06:40 PM   #74
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I'm still in So Cal living in the same location back when you lived in Riverside and hosted the world famous BBQ with Tittler as a featured guest.............
bwahahahha! I forgot all about that chick! :P

===========