Newest Member: charlesU91

Latest Threads
- by yimbo

Old September 13th, 2014, 02:04 PM   #1
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums
Default Power sterring brackets

I just about finished making the PWR R&P steering mounts for my cousins 33 Ford wagon, need to get it apart & ready to mount the PWR unit in, mark where the 2 frame holes go on the bottom of the mount, I only have a 1/16" of an inch to play with, so I just wanna get them in the right spot the first time

A few pics

The parts at the top are original, bottom ones I'm making so everything lines up without drilling or cutting the frame

These are the finished parts, the right side had to be off set do to a power steering line & fitting coming out right where the frame mounts where

The car

Ron

RSS
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2014, 03:53 PM   #2
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

Default Re: Power sterring brackets

Ron, you do really nice work!
V8Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2014, 07:55 AM   #3
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Transporter View Post
Ron, you do really nice work!
Thank ya I am a machinist

Been calling myself the Metalmaster for years, even before I tried melting & hammering it, thinking about going "Live"

"Bastard Metals"

Ron

RSS
Old September 15th, 2014, 04:19 AM   #4
OKpig
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Keep rocking. great work sir........
OKpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2014, 06:01 PM   #5
65volkswagen
Forum Member

Sweet looking mounts. Have you ever made one for a sacco rack and pinion for a volksrod?
65volkswagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2014, 05:31 AM   #6
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65volkswagen View Post
Sweet looking mounts. Have you ever made one for a sacco rack and pinion for a volksrod?
Nope can't say that I have, but there isn't much I can't do when it comes to machining, & what I can't do is mainly do to lack of proper machinery, for those operations I have a friend who has purty much anything I don't have

Best thing to do is, if you know exactly what it is you want or need, draw/sketch it up with dimensions & show it to me, if you don't know what it isa you want or need, then I'd need the parts, car so I can design it, then make it

My main issues at the moment are materials, you supply material & prints (drawings) & I can machine it

I mentioned a few weeks ago I'm getting ready to tool up & open a machining fabricating shop, I do it all, foundry & forge work, until I decide on a permanent name, it's gonna be called Bastard Metals, it may change, I hope to officially open sometime in 2016 or sooner, I hope to get a bunch of custom parts made for my VolksRod between now & then, only time shall tell

Ron

RSS
Old October 19th, 2014, 03:48 PM   #7
DrHax
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmaster1766 View Post
Nope can't say that I have, but there isn't much I can't do when it comes to machining, & what I can't do is mainly do to lack of proper machinery, for those operations I have a friend who has purty much anything I don't have

Best thing to do is, if you know exactly what it is you want or need, draw/sketch it up with dimensions & show it to me, if you don't know what it isa you want or need, then I'd need the parts, car so I can design it, then make it

My main issues at the moment are materials, you supply material & prints (drawings) & I can machine it

I mentioned a few weeks ago I'm getting ready to tool up & open a machining fabricating shop, I do it all, foundry & forge work, until I decide on a permanent name, it's gonna be called Bastard Metals, it may change, I hope to officially open sometime in 2016 or sooner, I hope to get a bunch of custom parts made for my VolksRod between now & then, only time shall tell

Ron
Ohhhh could you cast custom logos? I'd love to see about getting a custom modified VW logo for the hood of the 1958.

Dude...you are sooo fucked!
DrHax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2014, 04:35 PM   #8
SCOTTRODS
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHax View Post
Ohhhh could you cast custom logos? I'd love to see about getting a custom modified VW logo for the hood of the 1958.
I have a Custom Modified VW Emblem too... LOL I'm gonna Wear your ass out with all these cool bits I have, huh... Mine is the VW Emblem as an X emblem...
SCOTTRODS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2014, 05:10 PM   #9
Paperweightnate
Forum Member

Ron, if I was in Ohio I'd apprentice for you in a heart beat. Great work. Did you ever get the glove box clips btw?
Old October 19th, 2014, 07:13 PM   #10
DrHax
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTRODS View Post
I have a Custom Modified VW Emblem too... LOL I'm gonna Wear your ass out with all these cool bits I have, huh... Mine is the VW Emblem as an X emblem...
I've seen that before. I thought I saw operation X sporting one. I've seen hubcaps with that logo on them awhile back.. they were cool

Old October 20th, 2014, 03:24 PM   #11
SCOTTRODS
Site Supporter

A friend and I had a Bunch of these made... I know there are plenty of them (Don't know who operation X is)... but one of the members on here uses a picture of one I believe is one of ours (I think I even shot the picture). The first Maker of the X emblem was a guy Named Jan (That's the equivalent of John) from Finland. We asked for his approval and got it and sent him some Special edition ones for his vehicle. His Name on forums is Usually "BugFuel". I haven't even talked to him in probably 10 years. He moved to Florida and married one of the Chicks on our NewsGroup R.A.M.V.A., Got Divorced and moved somewhere a little more like Finland... Cooler Climate. Really inventive guy. Anyone else Know this Guy?

Anyway... I have seen some attached to Hubcaps as well, and a few other applications.

The whole thing was started over VWOA's Penchant for Suing and Shutting down all the aftermarket parts not licensed by or whatever... I'm still not really enthused about VWOA... but they've come around a little since those days... I have one left that I won't sell or share, in Brass.
SCOTTRODS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2014, 02:42 AM   #12
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperweightnate View Post
Ron, if I was in Ohio I'd apprentice for you in a heart beat. Great work. Did you ever get the glove box clips btw?
Well if your ever headed to south west Ohio in the future, let me know in advance, I'' plan something just for the occasion, at the moment I wouldn't want anyone in my garage/workshop (it's a danger even to me, working on getting things cleaned up, plus my Eldorado is STILL inside, future plans are to only have one VW inside & VW's only)
I still haven't put the glove box fixed, that will be the first thing I do after I get it back on the road again

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHax View Post
Can I cast custom logo's, yes, but I haven't gotten around to it yet, I have 3 different emblems on paper, I just need to make a permanent pattern so I can make as many as I see fit, y'all will see them when finished, I do have the original VW enblems from the hood I cast, one didn't turn out that good, but it has the appearance that they are really old, it was just a place to pour excess amuminum after casting a couple parts

Ron

RSS
Old October 21st, 2014, 01:51 PM   #13
DrHax
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmaster1766 View Post
Well if your ever headed to south west Ohio in the future, let me know in advance, I'' plan something just for the occasion, at the moment I wouldn't want anyone in my garage/workshop (it's a danger even to me, working on getting things cleaned up, plus my Eldorado is STILL inside, future plans are to only have one VW inside & VW's only)
I still haven't put the glove box fixed, that will be the first thing I do after I get it back on the road again

Can I cast custom logo's, yes, but I haven't gotten around to it yet, I have 3 different emblems on paper, I just need to make a permanent pattern so I can make as many as I see fit, y'all will see them when finished, I do have the original VW enblems from the hood I cast, one didn't turn out that good, but it has the appearance that they are really old, it was just a place to pour excess amuminum after casting a couple parts

Ron
That's awesome.