Total Online: 628

Newest Member: Tylerted

Latest Threads
- by Ozrod
- by DrHax

Old April 6th, 2008, 03:16 PM   #2601
cybernotchback
Forum Member

Default Re: What did you do yesterday...

A week or so ago I finally hooked up some lights in the garage. Then Friday and yesterday I actually worked on the Notch. I cleaned up some of the rusty metal in the passengers side heater vent of the replacement heater channel. Then I started to fab up the replacement metal. I have Monday and Tuesday off so Felt good to be back in the garage.

I'll post pics and update my intro when I have a chance.
cybernotchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2008, 04:54 PM   #2602
Social_Joe
Forum Member

Pulled a '95 caravan third row seat, cut/drilled the pieces to mount it. Got the thing mounted in the car and just didn't like how it looked. So back to my ricey racing buckets till I find a good set of lowbacks for cheap or something similar.

Vintage lowback buckets needed.

Found rusthrough in the front fenders into the heater channels.... woohoo....

Next plan, strip the interior, sand and por15/masterseries the whole thing, aluminum plate door panels and nothing else.
Social_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2008, 05:34 PM   #2603
bugdust
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I drove the bug to work Friday, got home, jacked it up and pulled the engine out. As I was taking all the tin off my son walked in and asked me why I took apart a perfectly good car.

Quote:
No pics, but oh well, if you really, really need to see metal removed, turn off your computer and work on your car... ~ Ray-Dean
bugdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2008, 06:51 PM   #2604
Turbo Punk
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Social_Joe View Post
Next plan, strip the interior, sand and por15/masterseries the whole thing, aluminum plate door panels and nothing else.
It's blasphamy to use both of those products in the same sentance. One or the other Joe.

Now, the real question is..... Do you want crap (por15) or something that you'll never have to worry about again (Master Series)?
Turbo Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2008, 07:11 PM   #2605
Social_Joe
Forum Member

HAHAHAHAHA...... ouch. What can I say, I used por-15 on the '71 super resto. One pint can did the whole interior twice and I didn't have any problems with it. That was before I was on volksrods and everyone here raves about masterseries. Given the price difference I do believe thats what I'll go with.

No blasphemy.... just indescision.
Social_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 09:59 AM   #2606
johnnywobble
Forum Member

went out to the country saturday and picked up my parts bug with mkparker. hell, michael did all the heavy lifting. he got the wheels on the bugs while i pilfered through parts.

johnnywobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 10:03 AM   #2607
Scott76
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

What do you mean parts car. That SOB is MINT!!! thats cool....

Fleetwing Camper

Going to the Basement
Scott76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 10:06 AM   #2608
JiI
Forum Member

Location: Mokena, IL Yep, that's me falling down a sand dune in Michigan...
Member Photo Albums

Beat the seat tracks out, figured out the shift linkage, The guys e-mailed that the wheel widening will work. I need to send those off tomorrow. I need to get the stub axles and 915 flanges sent off to be converted to 930 CVs . I just got the CVs the other day, sweet!
Gotta drop the pans 4" next.
Jeff
JiI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 10:31 AM   #2609
johnnywobble
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott76 View Post
What do you mean parts car. That SOB is MINT!!! thats cool....
yep. not bad at all. been tapped in the front and the package tray is pretty fucked, but it's pretty much all there minus engine. i'm thinking roadster pickup one of these days. but it's parts will get my bug i'm working on already back on the road much sooner.
johnnywobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 11:41 AM   #2610
66 Shorty
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

This weekend was pretty productive! (Saturday) I actually did some Wrench turnin'!!! (I know, it's about time... LOL!) Anyway, I got the entire engine compartment of my S-10 ready to pull the motor... All I have to do now is jack it up & unbolt all the lower shit... Well, I didn't have a Jack, Jackstands, or a creeper (They were stolen...) So, I went out & bought some! (Thanks Sears...). When I got home instead of goin right to work on the lower, I started doing some land clearing in the backyard so I can have extra space by the fireplace to hangout & have extra room near that to put the Ghias when I drag them home... Then I hung out with the girls & had a great evening!

(Sunday) Woke up WICKED EARLY, for NO Reason!! Didn't do ANY WRENCHING!!! I HATE waiting on people! I was waiting on a Buddy to come & hangout & do some wrenching... Minewhile my neighbor is tearing out a wall in his house to put his fishtank in. He asked me to give him a hand, so I said OK. He's got "all the plans in his head"... I like to draw them out & plan shit myself... (Maybe because I'm a CAD/CAM kinda guy... & that's what I do for work... LOL!) Anyway, that leads me to him & his wife arguing about this & that... Yeah, I LOVE being in the middle of that shit! All the while my woman is home feeling like CRAP & my Kidz are Bored out of their little mindz! (they are at home acrossed the street) Well, The hole was too short... He couldn't open the little doors on the top for feeding... Hell, he couldn't fit the tank in the wall with the lights on it & it has to hang it in one room more than the other just to open the top doors... I would have gone with it flush on one side & had doors above on the other side, but, like I said he likes to go with the plans in his head & not let anyone in on the STUPID ASS PLANS HE'S CONCOCTING!!!

OK Enough ranting about his Stupidity! LOL!

My Poor Baby (My Woman... not a child) is SICK AS HELL! I thought it would have been nice to let her rest... But, like I said, my Kidz were bored out of their mindz, so, she tried to keep them occupied... She did a Great job of it. But, then she notices she's got Blood in her Urine! NOT GOOD when she's had 2 Kidney Transplans & she only has one that works!!! WTF!!! So, I gather up the girlz & take them to their Mom's so I can take my Baby to the Hospital... Well, you all know how it goes at the ER... I didn't get home till 3:00 or so in the morning... She was admitted & I still haven't been able to get in touch with her, so, I'm a bit on the Cranky side...

OK, I HAD to get this off my Chest! Thanks for listening to me Whine!
66 Shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 12:00 PM   #2611
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Mojo for your wife coming from Illinois! Keep the liquids flowing!!!! Hope it's just a flu bug!!!!!!!
Jeff
Old April 7th, 2008, 12:07 PM   #2612
66 Shorty
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Thanks JiI!

I'm still in the dark over here, although her Mom did call me & shed some light. She got in touch with Kristy & found out what the room number was. There wasn't a phone in the room so I guess that's why she didn't call me... They just took her in for more tests. There were 7 Dr.'s in there with her when she got in touch with her, so she didn't get to talk long... Her best friend just text me telling me she's going up there to spend some time with her, & I'll be going to see her as soon as i get out of work. I wish I could afford the time off right now! But, I took a day off last week, & 1-1/2 days the week before, & she has had a few days off both weeks as well! The next few weeks I'll be playing catch up! LOL!

I might start a new thread on this if anyone is interested in seeing how she come out of this... I don't want to clutter up this thread with this...

Last edited by 66 Shorty; April 7th, 2008 at 12:09 PM.
Old April 8th, 2008, 09:32 AM   #2613
Stray Catalyst
Forum Member

I installed brakes, an exhaust, and the engine cage on my trike - and found out that the PO had done a thoroughly f@#ked up job of wiring it - to the point that I'm going to have to rewire the whole thing. :-( So, I lifted off the body so I can get to the rats-nest of mismatched and misconnected wires, and I'll be spending mucho quality time with it, starting tonight.

Stray Catalyst
Stray Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2008, 03:27 PM   #2614
road_dog
Forum Member

Well it was last Sat and Sunday to be exact.

Rub-A-Dub Pistons and Jugs in a Tub (really the Kitchen Sink.....Yea She was at Work!)
[IMG][/IMG]

This my High Tech Motor Building Station.
[IMG][/IMG]

Where I left off Sat.
[IMG][/IMG]

Painted Tin hiding in the Boot!
[IMG][/IMG]

All but Finished Product. The exhaust is just sitting there.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
road_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2008, 04:10 PM   #2615
TeamEvil/TC
Forum Member

I had blood in the urine when I was in High School, turned out to be nephritis. I lost a kidney 'cause of it. Tell her to BE CAREFUL! Get every test that they offer, then ask for some more,

Best of luck for her ! ! ! ! ! !

TC
TeamEvil/TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2008, 04:31 PM   #2616
bugdust
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I've got the engine out of the 67 and torn down to the short block. I didn't plan on it...I was just going to put on a new muffler and clean up the engine a little bit. Then my ADD kicked in, I guess. Now, the engine is tore down, most of the tin has been taken down to metal and painted with hammertone paint. I put in a new main seal and o-ring. Donald (57Drag) and Cason came over yesterday and changed the axle boots and rear trans. mounts. It will have all new gaskets and seal when it goes back in. Doubtful if I will have time to get it all back together by this weekend.

I am part of the management team where I work so I have daily meetings. I was sitting in a faculty meeting this morning with a bunch of collared shirts and noticed I was the only one with grease under my nails.

Quote:
No pics, but oh well, if you really, really need to see metal removed, turn off your computer and work on your car... ~ Ray-Dean
bugdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2008, 05:52 PM   #2617
cybernotchback
Forum Member

Worked a bit more on the heat duct for the HC. Nothing really to show for it yet.
cybernotchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2008, 06:48 PM   #2618
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I pulled the flanges off of the 915 tranny to send out for the 930 conversion. Got a big box to send the wheels out to be widened. That's about it. Been busy with work, trying to find a job and lousy Illinois weather.
Jeff
Old April 9th, 2008, 10:41 PM   #2619
carcentric
Grateful Member #484

I've had this tune running through my mind for almost two weeks - problem was I didn't know the title, any of the lyrics, the composer, or who performed it!

So . . . I got into amazon's mp3 downloads and started listening to the free samples, one after another after another. The 1134th song of 105,xxx turned out to be it!

Turns out Eric Clapton did a version with harmonica (though I like Rory Block's bottleneck version better), and the title is "If I Had Possession Over Judgment Day." Ya gotta LOVE the internet!
Old April 10th, 2008, 10:42 AM   #2620
Behemoth
Forum Member

I spent 12 hours at the Furniture Market in Highpoint, drove 30 minutes to the hotel and fell out. I'm gonna do it today, tomorrow, and Saturday too.

Boy does it suck to be me.

But on a good note it's only been "I can't get to the internet" or "I can't print".
Behemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 12:34 PM   #2621
66 Shorty
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Picked up my Sexy Bitch from the Hospital yesterday!~ She's doing MUCH BETTER! (She even when back to work today! What a Trooper!)

Then:
Changed out the rear brakes on my Blazer... Probably shoulda had the rotors re-faced though ...

Got BAD Heartburn today at lunch...

(note to self... or anyone else that is paying attention... Don't go to Quiznos for lunch anymore... It was EXPENSIVE!)

Jack of all trades, Master of collecting projects.
(yeah the unfinished kind... )
"Bunny's Bug" Build thread
"The 66 Shorty" Build thread

Looking for "Buggy parts" for my Spatz Buggy (Budget build)...
Old April 10th, 2008, 04:07 PM   #2622
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Good to hear she's feeling better. Did they find out what was wrong?
Jeff
Old April 10th, 2008, 04:36 PM   #2623
gravguy
Forum Member

worked myself so hard i fell asleep while driving took out 2 tires

FACEBOOK VERY WILD CAR COMPANY
gravguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2008, 12:28 PM   #2624
twistedsmily
Forum Member

got insurance on the bug going to get it taged as soon as i get off my ass and go to the tag office (so i can sit on my ass there for hours waiting)
twistedsmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2008, 12:39 PM   #2625
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Sent my wheels off to get widened 4" and the stub axles and flanges for the 930 conversion.
Jeff

Tags
what did you do, yesterday