Newest Member: Tylerted

Latest Threads
- by RichG
- by 1slo3
- by 1slo3

Old September 22nd, 2008, 09:01 AM   #2951
dezertevo
Forum Member

Default Re: What did you do yesterday...

Spent 12 hours on Sat putting a system into my buddies 03 Porsche 911 - and 6 hours Sunday to finish it up... freaking long weekend.. I was worthless Sunday. I haven't done a full system like that since I left the stereo shop in 04. But it sounds awesome. No more shitty ass Bose system (got no highs, go no lows, gotta be blowes- i mean bose) I still need to finsih the sub box... my measurement were off and box didn't fit right, so I have to go back make some adjustments.

Worked on a few RC Cars too... desert season is coming so got to have some toys to play with. need some parts though.

I really need to get the bug finished - still have some oil leaks and still runs crappy, finish the system and some other loose ends, but I can't seem to find the time ... oh well
Old September 26th, 2008, 07:19 AM   #2952
UVT_Mike
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Had an audition on Tuesday. Decided it's time to start playing again. Went rather well, I go back next Tuesday to play with them again. Its a progressive hard rock band (at least thats what they call it). They have a cd ready to be released but I will have to redo all the bass tracks. Seems they dont like the way their bass player wrote his parts, I get to rewrite all the bass parts which is pretty cool!!!

Check them out - http://www.coilcell.com/
1-800-233-3827
http://www.universaltire.com
UVT_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2008, 08:03 AM   #2953
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

I noticed the 'your name here' on the bass/keyboard line , so you gonna go on tour?

my yesterday is, I got new glasses after several years of cheap glasses from the store!
I was told they'd be ready in 2 weeks, took almost 4, I guess purple frames are in high demand?

So now I'll get to see just how small I can stripe.
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2008, 12:12 PM   #2954
UVT_Mike
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplemyth View Post
I noticed the 'your name here' on the bass/keyboard line , so you gonna go on tour?
I'm not officially a member yet so my name isn't listed. I haven't accepted the position as I am still auditioning them as much as they are auditioning me. As far as touring, I guess if it came down to it, most likely I wouldn't unless the $$$ was there. I spent a lot of time in the 80's starving cause I was making next to nothing playing. If the album broke it would be me playing on the album and them finding someone to replace me on the road. If I decide to join the band I'll do all the regional shows.
1-800-233-3827

Last edited by UVT_Mike; September 26th, 2008 at 12:15 PM.
Old September 26th, 2008, 01:47 PM   #2955
staynedglass
Forum Member

So what if you the band gets the gig opening for the CRUE? would you go on tour then? do you think you could live through going on tour with them?
staynedglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2008, 04:34 PM   #2956
JiI
Forum Member

Location: Mokena, IL Yep, that's me falling down a sand dune in Michigan...
Member Photo Albums

Started on the swingaxle IRS conversion on my Coyote only after cutting and rewelding the left jig that I bought from some company. It was off by 3/8" in and .75" back!!!!!!
I got the right side of the framehorn cut open and am just about there to get the inner pivot in. I'll get going on the other side tomorrow then dress the metal for welding. Then on go the arms!!!!
Jeff
JiI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2008, 10:14 AM   #2957
jaransonT3
Type 3 Nut

I modified my cheapo welder to accept 10lb spool of wire instead of the 2 lb spool. A 10 lb spool is about 1/2 the price of five 2 lb spools at Harbor Freight.

I had to move the center of rotation of the spool over from the original since the spools are bigger in diameter. I also modified the spindle from an old bicycle rim to make a ball bearing pivot for the new spool since it is so much heavier than the little 2 lb ones. Of course with the ball bearing pivot it spun a little too easy and I was concerned that the spool of wire would unwound backwards, so I add a little ratchet catch cut from some shim stock that I had. Here is the result....

Of course the spool now hangs out side the welder a bit so I had to cut some clearance in the flip down cover.

Works great and I will save some money and not have to change the spool as often.
'69 Square (Panel wanna-be)
'70/'71 Fasty (Jane - the Lead Sled project)

My Home Page
CarArt by John Jaranson
2010 Type 3 Invasion
jaransonT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2008, 01:14 PM   #2958
CALIFKID
Forum Member

I WORK ON MY PICK UP....
I REBUILD ITCOMPLETELY! I RESTORE THE ORIGINAL FRONT BODY WITH A 1963 VW KOMBI DASHBOARD, NEW FRAME(EXECUTIVE) OF ADORNS BREEZE OF CABRIOLET TOP CHOPPED, FRAME GO TO TRAIN DEFERRED IN UNIVERSAL JOINT, HI BEAM, CARRIED(WORN) RAISED ETC.... MANY MODIFICATIONS TO THE PROGRAM

http://relic.xooit.com/t2497-pick-up...le-version.htm

Last edited by CALIFKID; September 27th, 2008 at 01:28 PM.
CALIFKID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2008, 01:31 PM   #2959
Hebster52
Forum Member

Took off the heads of th Type-4 and started clean it up some. Will not do any major work on it. Just check it is "ok" and assemble it again.

Need to get one of my trucks on the road ASAP...

HebsterWerks The secret workshop..
Hebster's projects in the introsection.
Cuttin' them splits up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
"What stripping?... all I see is bare metal!"

Hebster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 05:53 PM   #2960
Grunt2504
Forum Member

Okay, so I ended up dragging home, from work, an aluminum box. It is a very big box; the size of a coffin. Mater of fact the funeral honors team used it as a practice coffin. So anyways it has ribs down both sides. I started to cut it up and make the inside of my Vrod all aluminum. Or as much as I can. The floor was first and I started shaping the dash. Will post more pictures as I get more done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01934.JPG (147.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01935.JPG (145.1 KB, 2 views)
Old September 28th, 2008, 07:01 PM   #2961
HeidelbergJohn4.0
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIFKID View Post
I WORK ON MY PICK UP....
I REBUILD ITCOMPLETELY! I RESTORE THE ORIGINAL FRONT BODY WITH A 1963 VW KOMBI DASHBOARD, NEW FRAME(EXECUTIVE) OF ADORNS BREEZE OF CABRIOLET TOP CHOPPED, FRAME GO TO TRAIN DEFERRED IN UNIVERSAL JOINT, HI BEAM, CARRIED(WORN) RAISED ETC.... MANY MODIFICATIONS TO THE PROGRAM

http://relic.xooit.com/t2497-pick-up...le-version.htm

Damn I hate language translator programs!

Sounds like he re-built his entire truck yesterday!
Old September 29th, 2008, 06:39 AM   #2962
UVT_Mike
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by staynedglass View Post
So what if you the band gets the gig opening for the CRUE? would you go on tour then? do you think you could live through going on tour with them?
They would be a wild time I am sure. Hope all of ya vote for us there, in fact make it a daily thing!!

I would be the one traveling with the band to NYC for the finals. From there I would have to see what happens. I think I may be able to survive it.
1-800-233-3827
Old September 29th, 2008, 08:55 AM   #2963
PAPA_SMURF
Forum Member

sat in my father in laws fully restored 356 roadster. 1 of 247. It was a good day.

66 schwinn, 04 Jetta
https://www.facebook.com/joe.lynch.739
vwclubofhawaii.ning.com
PAPA_SMURF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2008, 09:02 AM   #2964
riverstream
Forum Member

I worked on my pick up bed.

riverstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2008, 11:14 AM   #2965
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

well, this weekend, sold the super, finally and money is spent. dr bills to come.

Now here's one for you, you know the story of the Jed Clampet right? off to the woods to hunt up some grub ? Well sunday after the race, hubby wanted to go check out his deer stand and took the 20ga in case he came on a treerat or two, plus snakes is a moving now. So he gets out there, parks the truck and sees something large, gray laying in the ditch by the creek bridge, bout 50ft or so up the rd. Wanders over and this is what he finds! a SHARK!!!!

This is NOT native to our area! The nearest salt water is 75+miles east of here! He didn't mess with it , just took a pic, it's about 5ft long and have no idea what kind it is.... but it's weird just the same. Looks like it's been there for the day. Guess the coons had a feast last night.
He did get 4 squirels though they have a date with some gravy and taters later
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0928081800a.jpg (98.6 KB, 17 views)
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
Old September 29th, 2008, 11:30 AM   #2966
Mikelrome
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Goose wanted his Handy many truck to look like dads' Vdub. He was so proud of himself. The top is removable but he likes it like this.

Mikelrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2008, 06:40 AM   #2967
UVT_Mike
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Now here's one for you, you know the story of the Jed Clampet right? off to the woods to hunt up some grub ? Well sunday after the race, hubby wanted to go check out his deer stand and took the 20ga in case he came on a treerat or two, plus snakes is a moving now. So he gets out there, parks the truck and sees something large, gray laying in the ditch by the creek bridge, bout 50ft or so up the rd. Wanders over and this is what he finds! a SHARK!!!!

This is NOT native to our area! The nearest salt water is 75+miles east of here! He didn't mess with it , just took a pic, it's about 5ft long and have no idea what kind it is.... but it's weird just the same. Looks like it's been there for the day. Guess the coons had a feast last night.
Hmm, never had squirrel before, kinda sounds good though with the gravy and taters!

Did someone dump that fish there or is there a river there? If there is a river there the only shark I know that can swim in fresh water is the Tiger Shark (Gotta love shark week on Discovery Channel), which is a rather mean shark. It attacks more often then the Great White does.

You may want to notify your fish and game commission that you found it, especially if you think it swam there rather then was dumped off.
1-800-233-3827
Old September 30th, 2008, 06:54 AM   #2968
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

It was dumped Mike, no way this thing swam up here.The savanaha river runs from north thru augusta then south, our local river runs all inland and runs into the swamp which then tricks into the suwannee down in fla. The creek this was by, runs thru so many woods and right now they are drybeds. We thought about calling it in, but in our county, game warden is so slow , the local wildlife will have removed the thing before he ever got to it, yeah, he as in 1 guy

and yes,squirells with taters and gravy,,,, and the way they are cooked,battered, fried quickly, then simmered for about an hour til tender in the gravy, sorta like country fried steak, they have a taste all their own. NOT like chicken, acorns as their main diet, they are just different~
these had quite a bit of fat packed on them, another sign, winter's coming.
Old October 2nd, 2008, 12:20 PM   #2969
CALIFKID
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeidelbergJohn4.0 View Post
Damn I hate language translator programs!

Sounds like he re-built his entire truck yesterday!
Sorry for language translator programs(it's a big shit but i'm not good in your language... )
it's exact i'm re-built my truck...IRS t the rear,HI BEAM to the front,bus 63 dashboard and a lot of bodywork...

CALIFKID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2008, 05:49 AM   #2970
matthewsuckerpunch
Forum Member

i got bored yesterday after putting a few beers down. so i went outside and pulled my 3rd taillight out of the back window of my bug. i had been diggin around in the basement and found an old ass STOP light in a dark hole down there (its not a gas repop one from some douche nozzle on ebay). so i tore into the old one and took everything out of it and cleaned it up, then did the same to the new one. i replaced all the old parts with the parts from the new one and reinstalled it. i didnt have all the right wiring tools so its kindof a bullshit job but ill fix it at the shop today to clean it up a bit. took about an hour but it looks pretty awesome. id post a pic but i dont have any...
Old October 4th, 2008, 04:03 PM   #2971
staynedglass
Forum Member

got done rebuilding the engine in my v-rod. 1641 with brand spanking new heads and a pair of duel 35's. woot even with a clutch that slips this baby will spin back tires now.
staynedglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2008, 05:06 PM   #2972
HeidelbergJohn4.0
Forum Member

Quote:
well, this weekend, sold the super, finally and money is spent. dr bills to come.

Someone probably went deep sea fishing on the coast and decided to bring a trophy shark home until it got to stinking the high hell and decided to dump it. Dead shark is some nasty smellin shit. If there had been any water it could have swam. It's not unknown for sharks, especially sick ones, to swim up a river and get lost far inland. We had a 760 lb tiger shark cought in a net about a mile downstream from me in the bay. Even if it had made it's way in through the C&D canal from the Delaware Bay, we're still over 100 miles from the ocean It's still a little brackish, but we don't normally have any sharks anywhere near us. Especially 700+ lb sharks.

I tried squirrel once. I'll stick to the taters and gravy.
Old October 5th, 2008, 09:28 AM   #2973
JiI
Forum Member

Location: Mokena, IL Yep, that's me falling down a sand dune in Michigan...
Member Photo Albums

Got the IRS parts ready to weld in. Got the rotors for the Coyote but will be sending them back because they sent me Chevy and I needed the Ford bolt pattern. They are cool about it and are paying for the shipping back and for the new ones coming out. I'm pulling the engine and tranny fron=m the speedster to test the Coyote chassis. Gotta get a lot done before it gets too cold!!!!!
Jeff
JiI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2008, 03:47 PM   #2974
bugdust
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I finally got all my air lines ran around my shop. I have a 60 gal vertical tank. I have 3/4" coming out of the tank horizontally for 15", 90* up 36", reducing to 1/2" for 6", a T going off to the left, 3" going up to a cap (going to be a pressure relief valve). The T goes left horizontally (sloping ~2") with 18' of 1/2", 90* down, 6", another T,%% 15' of 1/2" going back to the right, another T going up,% 6" of 1/2", 90* through the wall, 3", 90*, down 24" to a ball-valve, another 6", another T, another 6" and another ball-valve. The last T has 6" coming out horizontally to a water trap/regulator. Back at the % there is 6" of 1/2", 90* down, 36" and then a ball-valve. Back at the %% the 1/2" goes left 6" to a 90*, around the corner of the shop then 19', a T, 6", 90* dwon, 36" and another ball valve. The last T goes up 6", 90* through the wall, 3", 90* down, 24", ball-valve, 6", T, 6", ball-valve. That final T has the same 6" coming out horizontally to a water trap/regulator.

It's all galvanized threaded pipe. The bummer is I have about 8 joints leaking (bubbles when I spray soapy water on). That's not good. There's about 50-60 joints I think. I really do not want to take it all back apart and start over. Any ideas? I used teflon tape on every joint wrapped twice clockwise.

**edit** this is the first draft...it has a few changes since this model...another down pipe and more ball-valves.

Quote:
No pics, but oh well, if you really, really need to see metal removed, turn off your computer and work on your car... ~ Ray-Dean

Last edited by bugdust; October 8th, 2008 at 03:50 PM.
bugdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2008, 04:59 PM   #2975
Cue
Forum Member

Well, I did this today, but I think it fits the thread...

I got my 4 lug to wide five adaptors and put my sandrails wheels and tires on my newly acquired kellison sandpiper (thanks again for identifying the body, Bugdust!). I think it looks a lot better! I also found a guy that's gonna sell me a body lift, and possibly some 3x3 arms/930 cv's/axles/ect... Gonna get that stuff hopefully tomorrow...

Last edited by Cue; May 18th, 2009 at 03:37 PM.
Cue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
what did you do, yesterday