Total Online: 542

Newest Member: Tylerted

Latest Threads

Old September 30th, 2006, 11:53 AM   #126
Ian
Forum Member

Default Re: CRAZY PET TRICKS

"Dude, that's fuckin' sad."

Me and my buddies are lookin at this, take that shit off your dog, bro!!! Help it out!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Punk View Post
it went to a Samba Monkey.
It's all fun and games until the strippers call the cops.

Volksrods.com - Re-engineering the VW Bug one at a time
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2006, 11:53 AM   #127
KK916
Forum Member

hahahahahaha poor dog!!
Old October 1st, 2006, 05:00 AM   #128
a1930ford
Forum Member

So my dogs needed glasses.............. :-)
Huey
a1930ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2007, 05:53 PM   #129
Turbo Punk
Forum Member

My dog is now possesed!! I think it was a direct result of my daughter wanting to keep dressing him up.

Turbo Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2007, 11:16 AM   #130
NightScreams
Forum Member

Xena, our hybred, showing her wolf side...

Millie...she really is just a big ol' lovable hound...despite the teeth...

See? A big softy.

The ladies looking regal.

Trapper ready for a walk.

Project: The Freak

Are you good at something technical?
My RideSpace
Page

My little voices are having conversations with your imaginary friends and it is starting to piss me off.
NightScreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2007, 04:35 PM   #131
FONZY
Forum Member

BUMP:) Let's see em folks...

Old June 3rd, 2007, 04:39 PM   #132
ThrasherBill
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

No pictures but the temp has risen about 15 C over the last 2 days here (we've been into the low 90's today) so my dog has taken to digging holes in the backyard and lieing in them I'm assuming to keep cool.

a silent neighbor lady watching bremelo seeking canadian pinstriping lurker~

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkl Ian View Post
Don't worry about other people.Most of them don't care about you.
ThrasherBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2007, 06:36 PM   #133
Insano70
Forum Member

Here is my kids!
Old June 3rd, 2007, 07:23 PM   #134
speedfreak
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insano70
Here is my kids!
Shit Bro, you cleaned your tank!

Larry
speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2007, 07:33 PM   #135
Insano70
Forum Member

Well it's been so fucking muggy here I just jumped in and cleaned while I bathed!
Old June 3rd, 2007, 07:35 PM   #136
speedfreak
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insano70
Well it's been so fucking muggy here I just jumped in and cleaned while I bathed!

You would if it was a few gallons more!

Larry
Old June 3rd, 2007, 07:46 PM   #137
Insano70
Forum Member

Awe shit,you dump about 50 gallons out of it and wha-la you have yourself a jaccuzi!!!
Old June 4th, 2007, 07:10 AM   #138
raidmagic
Forum Member

Here's my fleet. The brown one (Delilah) is a shepard mix that is the baddest watch dog I've ever seen. The Black one is my first Lab (Sampson) we lost him two years ago on new years day. It only took 2 years and 5 months before we were ready to get another lab we sure miss that dog.
The white poodle (noodle) is my daughters pup and the yellow lab (Cody) is our newest edition he is 8 weeks old and pees everywhere.

raidmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2007, 07:55 AM   #139
NightScreams
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidmagic
Here's my fleet. The brown one (Delilah) is a shepard mix that is the baddest watch dog I've ever seen. The Black one is my first Lab (Sampson) we lost him two years ago on new years day. It only took 2 years and 5 months before we were ready to get another lab we sure miss that dog.
The white poodle (noodle) is my daughters pup and the yellow lab (Cody) is our newest edition he is 8 weeks old and pees everywhere.

Sampson was one handsome dog. I LOVE the coats on a healthy black lab, reminds me of a panther, they absolutely SHINE. I can understand the hole they leave when they are gone. Our Xena passed a few months back. She was severely abused before we got her and it all finally caught up to her, but we gave her a good last few years.
If I ever find the motherfucker who saw fit to discipline her with a sledgehammer for 5 years, I will slowly, very slowly, removed layers of skin with a rusty knife. We rescued all of our dogs, Xena had it the worst but Millie, our coonhound didn't have a walk in the park and Trapper, our lab/boxer mix was in 5 different homes before he was 7 months old. Talk about separation anxiety

Here is Flop, our newest addition. He's a 4 year old Katrina refugee bassett hound.

People who originally adopted him had the common misconception that hounds are slow, stupid and lazy...they couldn't deal with his activity level. They were going to have him put down because he is "completely uncontrollable." Idiots. Some people shouldn't be allowed to have pets or children.
He fits in just right in our home, he and Trapper are great friends already and there isn't a squirrel or woodchuck that is safe in the neighborhood:)

My RideSpace
Page

My little voices are having conversations with your imaginary friends and it is starting to piss me off.
Old June 4th, 2007, 04:16 PM   #140
speedfreak
Forum Member

Here's Trigger with his one floppy ear!

Just hangin' out in the yard.

Larry
Old June 4th, 2007, 04:23 PM   #141
FONZY
Forum Member

hehe trigger... i like it:) good lookin mule ya got there
Old June 4th, 2007, 04:59 PM   #142
speedfreak
Forum Member

Thanks Fonzy. He's finding out that this hot weather we're having right now isn't too fun, and it's only been 86! He'd rather lay in front of the fan and stay cool.

Larry
Old June 4th, 2007, 05:09 PM   #143
Insano70
Forum Member

What's the matter Lar,finally got the balls to post pic's of your lemon-er-I mean dog!! Take his ass out to the shop and zap him with the welder and that might get that ear to straighten up! Here's your sign...
Old June 4th, 2007, 05:35 PM   #144
raidmagic
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightScreams
Sampson was one handsome dog. I LOVE the coats on a healthy black lab, reminds me of a panther, they absolutely SHINE. I can understand the hole they leave when they are gone. Our Xena passed a few months back. She was severely abused before we got her and it all finally caught up to her, but we gave her a good last few years.
If I ever find the motherfucker who saw fit to discipline her with a sledgehammer for 5 years, I will slowly, very slowly, removed layers of skin with a rusty knife. We rescued all of our dogs, Xena had it the worst but Millie, our coonhound didn't have a walk in the park and Trapper, our lab/boxer mix was in 5 different homes before he was 7 months old. Talk about separation anxiety

Here is Flop, our newest addition. He's a 4 year old Katrina refugee bassett hound.

People who originally adopted him had the common misconception that hounds are slow, stupid and lazy...they couldn't deal with his activity level. They were going to have him put down because he is "completely uncontrollable." Idiots. Some people shouldn't be allowed to have pets or children.
He fits in just right in our home, he and Trapper are great friends already and there isn't a squirrel or woodchuck that is safe in the neighborhood:)

Thanks for the compliment. He was a great dog. If you ever find the fucker that beat your other dog I'll help you skin him . Love the Bassett hound, great looking dog.
raidmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2007, 06:35 AM   #145
carcentric
Grateful Member #484

This seems to be the pet-lovers' channel, so I'll ask something I've wondered about for years: What's with cutting the tails off certain dog breeds?

It looks stupid, must hurt (at least at first), and I can't see any purpose. Same question for docked ears, though it riles me less . . . .
Old June 5th, 2007, 06:48 AM   #146
Scott H
Forum Member

Originally, tails were docked and ears cropped in working and hunting breeds for various legitimate reasons, mostly to prevent damage or allow them to better perform their role.

Most now are docked/cropped for aesthetics and to maintain breed standards.
member #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-nor View Post
sliding volksrod discount, depending on how much i like you.
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2007, 07:12 AM   #147
carcentric
Grateful Member #484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott H
. . . Most now are docked/cropped for aesthetics . . . .
Must be a real caring owner to have the conversation with his dog: "Tomorrow, we're going to have your tail cut off. It'll hurt and serve no purpose in your life with us, but you'll look SO fine with a stump . . . really, you'll look kewl in a pathetic way."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott H
. . . Most now are docked/cropped . . . to maintain breed standards.
There doesn't seem to be any way I can imagine to tell if a pup's daddy had been mutilated or not - isn't it the bloodline you're concerned about? I'd think a purebred who's had a leg amputated is still a purebred, but then I really like dogs . . . .

PS: It's the practice I'm upset with, Scott, not your explanation.
Old June 5th, 2007, 09:02 AM   #148
NightScreams
Forum Member

I agree, there isn't any point in it at all, IMHO. The whole process of peaking doberman ears for example is just...well...fucking cruel. Add to the irresponsible breeding that goes on and I get really pissed off. I refuse to watch the kennel club shows they have on Animal Planet. I mean, atleast a human supermodel can get out of the business if they want to, a show dog has no choice. They are an object, not a pet or companion. Pisses me off. Yes, we have two purebreds but that was by chance, not choice. At least the redbone is a young breed (only goes back about 100 years) so there are no know genetic health issues for her, but the basset are suspect to hip issues. I happen to love hounds (blueticks, black&tans, bloods, etc) and think they have a wonderful appearance, but it is the personality of those breeds that really attract me. That being said, give me a mutt any friggin' day of the year.

Hybreds are an entirely different story. Xena was great, but I think mixing a domestic pet with a wild animal is a BAD BAD idea. She had a bunch of issues that had absolutely nothing to do with her genetics and everything to do with her sadistic abuse, but some of her traits from her breeding did require some special care and attention. The prancing instead of walking and howling instead of barking were unique and fun (at times) but she would attack without a sound or overt warning. If you knew her, you could see the signs that she was on a hairtrigger, but the usual obvious signs of an upset dog were not there. No growling. No barking/snarling/raising of hair on the back. Her ears would flatten and her tail would droop slightly, very much like a dog entering into a submissive state. If you assumed that, you were in trouble. She would also kill instantly. The times she caught woodchucks, turkeys, etc, there was no drama to it. She grabbed the neck, clamped and ground until it went limp, dropped it and moved on. Very cold and calculating. I would not have trusted her around small children. I loved her, but I would not go and seek out another hybred.
Ok, I guess I should get off my altar here, sorry for the rant.

My RideSpace
Page

Old June 5th, 2007, 09:48 AM   #149
Scott H
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcentric
Must be a real caring owner to have the conversation with his dog: "Tomorrow, we're going to have your tail cut off. It'll hurt and serve no purpose in your life with us, but you'll look SO fine with a stump . . . really, you'll look kewl in a pathetic way."

There doesn't seem to be any way I can imagine to tell if a pup's daddy had been mutilated or not - isn't it the bloodline you're concerned about? I'd think a purebred who's had a leg amputated is still a purebred, but then I really like dogs . . . .

PS: It's the practice I'm upset with, Scott, not your explanation.
I understand your post, Doc, and I don't take it that way at all.

I love dogs but I'm no expert, although we have owned as many as five at one time.
We currently have three.

I don't really even consider myself a "dog person" but my wife and her family are. Her late father especially was, being a big time rabbit hunter. In addition to the Beagles he used for hunting, they had many other breeds as pets.

I was just trying to point out that many of the things you see done to dogs were once done for a `real' reason, even the silly looking cuts you see on show Poodles, even if the dog is no longer used in that role.

No, none of it has anything to do with bloodlines. By "breed standards" I meant either what has come to be expected in the appearance of certain breeds or by kennel club/show standards. I not sure but I don't think any kennel clubs dictate docking or cropping but I think they do require certain cuts on specific breeds.

Personally, I like the look of Boxers and Dobermans with their natural ears and tails.
member #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-nor View Post
sliding volksrod discount, depending on how much i like you.
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2007, 12:45 PM   #150
hal
Forum Member

here you go dog lovers....... looks like they get even . http://youtube.com/watch?v=KwsOsitZWm8

Tags
animals, cats, dogs, fish, pet, pet thread, pets, snakes