Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Go Back   Cut-Weld-Drive Forums > The VolksRodders Forum > Members Intros and Project Updates!

Members Intros and Project Updates! New member introductions and project updates...
Your ongoing "journals"...

User Information
Your Avatar

Stuff to check out...

Cool stuff you NEED!

Forum Stats
Members: 17,564
Threads: 32,418
Total Online: 226

Newest Member: Tylerted

Latest Threads
- by Bugula
- by f4u5t
- by Bugula

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 4th, 2010, 08:52 PM   #1
metalmaster1766
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums
Default My Newest Project, the "Fire Bug"

So this is my newest VW project, I need to get a running car as soon as possible.

It's a 69 Bug which has been stripped of the front and rear fenders, the passengers side has a new floor pan and heater channel welded in, I cut the drivers side out over the past few days and I am in need of my grinder so I can finish cutting part out and then grind the lip so I can weld the new floor pan and heater channel in. Only thing is I looked for about 2 hours today looking for the grinder.

Plans for the car after I get another car running (I already put together an engine for the 69 so it does run). next fall or winter I plan on chopping the top and raising the rear torsion housing as well as the front bulkhead so I can lower it as low as I can and keep the suspension as close to stock as I can.

I have another rear torsion housing and I also have a complete 66 floor pan from my V-8 Bug AKA the 'BitchN Bug'.

I could build a custom floor pan using the front bulkhead from the 66 pan and the rear torsion housing I have. I could start as soon as I get this pan in and out of the garage and then start on a nice 1-1/2 inch tube chassis over the next buncha months, then put the body on and cut away what needs be, add onto where it needs it, with a full roll cage as well.

Now it may take me a while but I also work very slow (think I mentioned that a few times before.

Here it is the day after I brought it home -

I'll keep this thread here as my criticism and comment page.

http://www.volksrods.com/forum/showt...306#post482306

That's all for now, y'all come back now, ya hear, take ya shooos off N sit a spell

RSS

Last edited by metalmaster1766; September 11th, 2014 at 08:17 AM.
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote