Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Go Back   Cut-Weld-Drive Forums > The VolksRodders Forum > Members Intros and Project Updates!

Members Intros and Project Updates! New member introductions and project updates...
Your ongoing "journals"...


User Information
Your Avatar

Stuff to check out...

Cool stuff you NEED!

Forum Stats
Members: 17,564
Threads: 32,397
Posts: 547,693
Total Online: 657

Newest Member: Tylerted

Latest Threads
- by DrHax
- by Bugula

 
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 25th, 2008, 10:38 AM   #9
max16v
Forum Member
 
max16v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Palm Desert, California
Posts: 1,196
Default CB750 Cafe Project

It's been a couple days since I've updated...

LOTS of progress has been made with the bike. It is currently registered and insured which I did last week. I had mentioned earlier that the bike wasn't running tip top which is keeping me from doing some riding, so I sat long and hard to diagnose the problem. It started out that the #3 cylinder was dead with the exhaust temp giving me the clue. It wasn't vacuum related so I pulled the plug and it was clean.... no fuel. I pulled the float bowl off and took out the idle jet and turns out the damn thing was clogged. I shot it with carb cleaner, put the carb back together and the bike lit right up. After about 30 seconds of idling, all of a sudden I lost cylinders 1,2, and 3 again. I pulled the idle jets out which were covered in crap from the gas tank. I cleaned all the float bowls and idle jets and decided it was time to clean the tank.

I got the tank cleaned, the petcock (grungy and filled with sediments), ran some new fuel line and also added some inline fuel filters to each bank of carbs. Once the pieces were put back together, the bike fired to life on the first kick. and running strong. I took it around the apartment complex for a little spin before taking it on the street and noticed a couple problems. The new fuel hose is 1/4" - not 3/16" like stock-ish size so it leaks (even with hose clamps) and also have to replace 2 float bowl gaskets (all the disassembly and reassembly probably damaged them) which I have a couple left over from the rebuild (original - still good, no leaks). After those small problems are sorted, all is left is setting the timing and syncing the carbs.

Besides all the carb/motor work, I've done some things to get the bike street legal.
I got my fender friday and got the tailight mounted. I didn't like the look of the long fender look so I cut it down.



Here's it installed:


I got the taillight working and also the blinkers working, so I threw on the chromed bullet lights.


Here's the blinkers in the front:




I'm more than excited about getting the bike running! I'm hoping that I can take it for a spin this afternoon!


EDIT: Just picked up some 3/16 fuel hose (stock-ish size, stock size was probably metric since it's a jap bike) at Pep Boyz to fix the fuel leak. Will post updates later tonight with more progress.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
To err is human, to forgive is not my policy.
'56 Royal Enfield Super Meteor -The NorField
'69 T1 "Das Straßenzerstörer"
'86 Scirocco 16vT

Last edited by max16v; June 21st, 2008 at 06:12 PM.
max16v is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ALL text, images, graphics and content herein are Copyright ©2002 - 2020 Three Pugs Design - Cut Weld Drive Forums