Total Online: 607

Newest Member: Funk_Fletch61

Latest Threads
- by bigguy

Old October 10th, 2014, 04:19 PM   #2276
V8Transporter
Forum Member

Default Re: The "Today f*cking sucks club" thread

Are we talking filtered or, um, 'un?' "Cept I don't smoke. Oh, wait, I smoke the SC's tires on occasion.
V8Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2014, 04:38 PM   #2277
Paperweightnate
Forum Member

pinky piggy. Could be fatal.
Old October 10th, 2014, 06:02 PM   #2278
DrHax
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperweightnate View Post
pinky piggy. Could be fatal.
If you die can I have your 1968?

Dude...you are sooo fucked!
DrHax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2014, 10:31 AM   #2279
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

well shit...

on my way to work this morning, smooth flowing traffic turned into about 1/4 mile of brake lights in an instant.. the car in front of me dove to the shoulder, which left me no option but going straight, the car behind me dove to the shoulder which left no option for the car behind him but to go straight..

I stopped about 5 feet away from the car in front of me.. the car behind stopped after smacking into my rear bumper.

minimal damage to my car (was driving the wife's Charger R/T), the other guy pretty much destroyed the front bumper on his Mustang..

Turns out he's an E-3 stationed on my ship. Working with his insurance now. We both went to medical for sore necks and headaches, typical shit for a fender bender, just covering our bases.

meh, fuck it.

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========
Feel free to stare and admire,
but kindly tell me if it's on fire!

1972 VolksRod "Effigy" Build Thread
1986 Honda Shadow VT1100 Work Thread
tattooed_pariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2014, 10:50 AM   #2280
JiI
Forum Member

Location: Mokena, IL Yep, that's me falling down a sand dune in Michigan...
Member Photo Albums

Most importantly, is the bumper okay?
Jeff
JiI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2014, 12:50 PM   #2281
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiI View Post
Most importantly, is the bumper okay?
Jeff
might need to be replaced.. shitty modern cars and their fiberglass/plastic parts... it's cracked in one spot..

otherwise would just need the mounts looked at (it shakes now.. ) and some buffing and paint..

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========
Feel free to stare and admire,
but kindly tell me if it's on fire!

1972 VolksRod "Effigy" Build Thread
1986 Honda Shadow VT1100 Work Thread
tattooed_pariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2014, 02:13 PM   #2282
DrHax
Forum Member

Sigh I don't like the modern day ABS plastic or w/e compound they're using. Mold injected plastic. I own a Saturn and its nothing but that... I reaally want a car that's steel.

Old December 4th, 2014, 06:02 AM   #2283
AirheadZim
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Yeah today sucks alight ..... Zim's back and looking for a vrod ....but not a projecr.
Zim'rod (zim'-rod)n.- a handbuilt Volkswagen hotrod or jalopy, sometimes a pick-up, from several different years of the classic German automobile. In particular, 67', 69', 72', and 74' model years. Built from the realm of an insane mind, with a volksrod theme or style. Thank you bugdust.
Daily driver: 91' Cadillac Brougham.
AirheadZim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2014, 06:51 AM   #2284
V8Transporter
Forum Member

Uh, oh. Let the drama begin. Oh, of course we'll expect pics.
Old December 4th, 2014, 08:14 AM   #2285
AirheadZim
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

You got it.....pics and LOTS of meaningless posts...
Zim'rod (zim'-rod)n.- a handbuilt Volkswagen hotrod or jalopy, sometimes a pick-up, from several different years of the classic German automobile. In particular, 67', 69', 72', and 74' model years. Built from the realm of an insane mind, with a volksrod theme or style. Thank you bugdust.
Daily driver: 91' Cadillac Brougham.
AirheadZim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2014, 08:22 AM   #2286
d3ghia
Rabble Rouser

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirheadZim View Post
You got it.....pics and LOTS of meaningless posts...

Well Hell!!! Zim is back! Not sure if that belongs in this thread.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkl Ian View Post
Don't be Fucking stupid.

The bolt is Fucked, it won't fix it's self,
the Bolt Fairy won't fix it, and you can't fix it.

I know there is a Full Moon, but quit Fucking around.
d3ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2014, 12:12 PM   #2287
DrHax
Forum Member

Damnit I keep on forgetting this forum.doesn't have a like button, otherwise I'd be liking these posts

Old December 5th, 2014, 08:33 PM   #2288
V8Transporter
Forum Member

Um, what's a "Like Button?"
Old December 6th, 2014, 12:36 AM   #2289
DrHax
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Transporter View Post
Um, what's a "Like Button?"

Old December 6th, 2014, 05:23 PM   #2290
DrHax
Forum Member

Well today was a bit sad. I got to fire my mosin nagant for the first time today. But it was to put down our rooster. He must've gotten into a nasty brawl with the young rooster. his tongue was missing The poor guy was having issues breathing and such and he couldn't eat or drink without a tongue. He was so out of it and not himself I was able to pick up him. This is our nastiest rooster who would attack EVERYTHING. he was a prick! But just seeing him like that.. It was a bit sucky.

So yeah I put him out of his misery. it was for the best. I hated the freaking bird but it was best to end it now then instead of letting him suffer for god knows HOW LONG starving to death.. its been three days since he crowed. So who knows how long it'd take him to pass. Still The shot was clean.

I don't feel anything at all towards it. It was the right thing to do

Old December 7th, 2014, 09:15 AM   #2291
V8Transporter
Forum Member

If you "didn't feel anything at all," you wouldn't have mentioned it. It's called 'empathy' and it's a good thing to have.
Old December 7th, 2014, 03:16 PM   #2292
DrHax
Forum Member

Quote:
If you "didn't feel anything at all," you wouldn't have mentioned it. It's called 'empathy' and it's a good thing to have.
yeah thats the word for it. I felt nothing about pulling the trigger other then it was the right thing to do. Fiancee was there to help me pick put the body in a trash bag. The actions I felt nothing towards, just having to put him down sucked a bit. I don't like seeing things suffering. Nobody else was going to do it too. i even used a good bullet to make sure it was clean..

Old December 10th, 2014, 07:53 AM   #2293
metalmaster1766
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Ya know, I try to stay positive about everything, but I just wanna piss & moan, life has a way of breaking me down & it's starting to suck, please, don't feel sorry for me, or pity me, just be happy I'm alive & able to do what I still can do, which seems to be less & less each day, I truly think I'm starting to lose my mind, about the only thing I CAN do now without much thought is machine parts, I was really good with AC VW's, but I'm starting to think my mind is slowly losing that as well

It's been rough the past 7 - 8 days, last Tuesday I was really sick, first time I've vomited in almost 20 years, & it was an all day thing, Wednesday was my doctors appointment, I go every 3 months to 3 different doctors, he (my nephrologist, aka kidney doc) thinks it was either food poisoning, or I caught a G.I. virus, I ate the same stuff as my wife & son & they didn't get sick, so....
Last Monday was Vampire's office day to give blood for my appointment, probly caught something while I was there, wasn't able to eat anything until this past Saturday, lost another 12 lbs, I weighed 148 lbs last Wednesday, the summer of 2005 I was at my normal weigh of 185 lbs, I was up to 165 this past summer, I was happy
Then Sunday comes, I noticed I had a tail light out, Monday my turn signals stopped working, all 4 flashers/hazard lights work, so it's not the bulbs, fuses or sockets, I replaced the turn signal switch & bought a new flasher, still nothing, yesterday I messed with them for a while, checking all the connections, really didn't do much, I go inside to warm up, go back out & poof, the left side started working, right side nothing, it ticks me off when people don't use turn signals, specially on the highway, now I hafta make right turn without using a signal, yes I'm pissed at myself, I mean why couldn't this have happened when it was warm out, messing with wires when it's cold it just asking for trouble, this morning I bought a new tail light, brake light works, but tail light doesn't, the plug has power to it, I even checked the light itself & it's good, I checked it with my 12 volt power supply & it works, the old one doesn't work, but it was bad

I'm really starting to think I'm losing my mind, I'm gonna blame all the meds I take, I haven't used any illegal meds (weed) in months, probly why my weight is down, my one doc even tells me to use it just so I eat, haven't had an alcoholic drink in a long time either, IF I had the money, I'd buy a pint of Tequila & finish it off just so I'd feel a little better, it would help me forget everything for a few hours, but everything would be exactly the same once the buzz went away
If our heavy bag wasn't in the shed (I take it down when it gets cold out) I'd go out & beat the hell out of it, altho I had to give up punching that a few years ago do to my bones being so brittle, last thing I need is to punch the bag & shatter my wrist
OK, I think I'm done pissing & moaning, think I'm a go out & work on cleaning my garage/workshop up, took me 7 years to accumulate all that crap, it's time to get rid of the stuff I had plans for & just wait till I can buy it someday, that'll never happen, all my pocket change gets spent on meds or bills

Life will find a way of working itself out, it always does, I just don't like that it always happens as soon as it gets cold & the holidays are around the corner

Ron

RSS
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2014, 02:19 PM   #2294
V8Transporter
Forum Member

When Sherrie got out of the hospital after she had "died" and I'd been told repeatedly that she would not survive without major heart and mental trauma, she gave me a refrigerator magnet with this on it:

"courage does not always roar. sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "i will try again tomorrow."
Old December 11th, 2014, 03:26 AM   #2295
metalmaster1766
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

This morning, I do feel better, I should have just kept it to myself, I have nowhere else to vent, my mom, who gave me a kidney is in denial that I am even sick, the day I do die she is gonna cry & say "I didn't know he was that sick" I have explained it many many times, besides all of you, I have maybe 2 good friends, they work 16+ hours a day 7 days a week, I very seldom see them anymore, I owe thes 2 a lot, they helped me get all the machines I have, & for that I am truly greateful

I'll admit, yesterday & the few days before were very bad days, I did talk to my wife about these things, she knows me better than I know myself, it doesn't help that she is starting to have major health issues as well, then there is her work, they give her a tough time about me when she has to take off work & bring me to my visits for procedures, appointments & what not, it will be 14 years January 2nd 2015, she has the FLMA paper work filled out for work, it says right there, Critically ill, he will never get better, it will never improve, yet they still write her up AWOL, she fights it thru the union, & now they are threatening her job, she's the best one in her unit, she can do in 8 hours what everyone else does in 1 week & they wanna give her hell, 1 of her manager even told her it will get better when I die, that's real professional

I'm just gonna keep on doing it no matter how I feel, it's all I can do to keep my head up, trust me, I'm not one to even think about throwing in the towel

I believe it's this cold weather that is getting to me, my wife can transfer to any city that has an IRS near by, they will pay to move everything except my machine shop & tools, I might be able to get my friends trucks & equipment to move it, but fuel is gonna be expensive, plus I'm a one man team, yeah my wife will help, I'm sure my youngest son will help, my oldest can't do anything until June 5th, sooner for good days, he did get a job, that gives him 1 day off his sentence for every 5 he works, so he may get out as early as May 5th, only time will tell
I'd like to move out near Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, or Utah, but that's only if a job opens up that she qualifies for, they're few & far between

I'm gonna hafta sit back & work out a plan, if y'all don't hear me on here for a while, it's because I'm sure y'all are sick of hearing all my stories & my struggles in life, I'll still come read everyones progress on their projects, hell, look me up in the phone book & give me a call, or send me an email, BTW, use this email address "bastard metals @ gmail dot com" I just made it a few months ago & haven't gotten any spam mail yet, I bet that changes as soon as I hit submit

I start everyday off new, I try to stay positive about everything, I just let it get the best of me, yesterday I snapped, I got some Gorilla Glue & should be good to go today, only time will tell, just pray for my health, that's all I ask

Ron

RSS
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2014, 09:27 AM   #2296
SCOTTRODS
Forum Member

Prayers and mojo, Ron... Keep up the good fight.
Old December 11th, 2014, 11:53 AM   #2297
Unkl Ian
Trouble Maker and Bad Influence

www.FlyingEyeballs.net

Unkl Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2014, 06:55 PM   #2298
V8Transporter
Forum Member

Hey Ron;
Three years and eleven months ago when Sherrie had her Sudden Cardiac Arrest, the doctors told me she likely wouldn't survive. If she did, they assured me, she would have major brain trauma and would need major heart surgery.
A few minutes ago she left with a friend to see the local high school's Christmas program. She keeps the Doggie Day Care running. This morning my stubborn, beautiful wife was out with a couple buckets of broken rock, filling a pot hole in the road down at the corner.
So how do I put this delicately? Um, okay, fuck those arrogant pricks and their half-assed opinions.
You want to let off steam, do it here 'cause we want to know how you're doing. That's what family is for.
Old December 13th, 2014, 07:59 AM   #2299
SCOTTRODS
Forum Member

Quote:
Hey Ron;
Three years and eleven months ago when Sherrie had her Sudden Cardiac Arrest, the doctors told me she likely wouldn't survive. If she did, they assured me, she would have major brain trauma and would need major heart surgery.
A few minutes ago she left with a friend to see the local high school's Christmas program. She keeps the Doggie Day Care running. This morning my stubborn, beautiful wife was out with a couple buckets of broken rock, filling a pot hole in the road down at the corner.
So how do I put this delicately? Um, okay, fuck those arrogant pricks and their half-assed opinions.
You want to let off steam, do it here 'cause we want to know how you're doing. That's what family is for.
What he Said ^^^^^^
Old December 13th, 2014, 11:03 AM   #2300
DrHax
Forum Member

Quote:
Hey Ron;
Precisely. We've all been there in one form of another. I understand exactly where you are guys are. between my cracked knee. and other issues I have.

I know what its like to have people basically half ass an opinion on you. My fiancee when were dating was suffering from Alexithymia and D.I.D (Split personality disorder ) Nobody took her seriously when she asked for help. they all just claimed she was depressed and what not. What doctors she did go to just told to her quote.
" take some vitamins. its just a phase."

I was the only one there for her and I helped her get through it without any need of drugs or hospitalization. It was scary at times, but I was stubborn and I refused to lose her. Even to this day she can't talk about what was happening for weeks she'd be gone and It'd be in her place. Caused numerous issues, she'd wake up with scratches on her arms. It was through my kindness and being there for her... Nobody was there for her except me. I've been through the same shit she was when I was younger but had nobody there to support me or guide me through it, so I went deep end bonkers.

One day it was so bad she was lying in bed unable to speak more then a few broken words, running a fever, yet complaining about being freezing, basically losing her f-ing' mind. I was there to support her encourage her grab her hand and tell her I was there. With my help she was able to recover her mind and basically end all of the bullshit. She managed to fight it and finally break free from it.. If I go into any detail it'll sound even freaking crazier. Some of these things you just can't explain to people without them thinking you should be thrown into a white jacket with shiny straps. Its been two years since then and we've gotten much closer and she's thankful for me putting up with what happened. We both know if I wasn't there she wouldn't be here...

Basically moral of the story. We're here for you. You can vent here as much as you want. Email or PM any of us. I know I could easily chat up a storm about the bullshit of the world. I've been there... maybe not with physical pain(besides my knee) But psychologically, yeah I've been through battles.

Keep strong, Mate. Come here, vent and share. We're here for you even if you think you're annoying us.. I personally enjoy each one of your off topic posts. They brighten up my day.

You are family! We're one f-ed up family. *inserts adam's family theme song*

Tags
bad day, today sucks