Total Online: 535

Newest Member: jessup

Latest Threads
- by yimbo
- by JiI

Old January 26th, 2014, 07:15 PM   #101
DrHax
Forum Member

Default Re: Things that make you say.... WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiI View Post
Had a student who was out there...very smart but dangerous in how he could think. Very hippie; dreadlocks, hemp clothes, love beads etc. Said that pot is an herb given to us by mother earth for our mental nourishment and freedom of space... blah blah blah and some other nonsense. I told him Poison Ivy was a gift then too, so why didn't he try smoking that?
Now I have no problem knowing it does have medicinal properties and it has helped many people with glaucoma, siezure/ epilepsy and several physical ailments, but the high is the side effect. Basically it allows you to not care and be okay with that. If it's prescribed, not much of a problem with that. But if you just want to get bonged in you mom's basement...
Jeff
The crowd I found myself hanging out with.. well Crowd I use losely because we were the glad outcasts of the outcasts. There were three groups in total I was the outside person who a friend in all of them. One of them was a girl who had friends who WERE the ones who had their fingers on the drug supply going in and out of that school for the high. Anything abnormal or "getting caught" wasn't them. I never saw the appeal of drugs But still seeing the impact of her being baked and knowing how to hide it... Its a bit startling. Fuck she pulled out her "vapour" in class, and showed me what she just got from one of her friends whose freaking Father got it from down south. THATS where things get interesting when the Drug dealer's kids are taking care of the family business. I shit you not, I'm an author, but I couldn't even THINK of most of the crap I've seen or heard.

As I stated before I'm not a kid who does that crap, and they knew that and respected me. They were good friends to have because they were loyal, but as I stated. I didn't smoke, I didn't do drugs. Crap the worse I've ever done is smoke a cigar with my girlfriend once every 3 months, and drink wine. Granted this is coming from the crazed bastard who went to school wearing a top hat and suit every day with sunglasses on...

Still as much as people want weed to be legalized.. I do not share that opinion. I would prefer it if that shit wasn't a part of life, but you just can't stop people If they do legalize it I hope they tax the living fuck out of it like they do with cigarettes. At least then they get some money from it. Maybe repair the damage or at least some of the OH CRAP health issues they find once they legalize it.

I'll just say it

"Drugs are bad M'kay."

Dude...you are sooo fucked!
DrHax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2014, 07:54 PM   #102
JiI
Forum Member

Location: Mokena, IL Yep, that's me falling down a sand dune in Michigan...
Member Photo Albums

JiI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2014, 09:19 PM   #103
Ace of Shades
Forum Member

I was the biggest loady back in highschool. My grades were good, I had a high moral standard when I sold; I was just a good 'ol pot head. It only took about 6 months to go from that to a downward spiral. I still believe pot is a "harmless" drug if looked at with the same attitude as alcohol.

That being said, it is a "gateway drug". Maybe not like everyone in the media will have you think. It's more of a gateway to bad people and places. Let me channel my loady for you - You smoke a little here and there, then you think hell, I can sell a little and make some cash for some more bud man. Once that happens you get bigger amounts; fast forward and you're spending all afternoon loaded on the couch eating oreos and chocolate milk until little billy (or your supplier) comes over and says try this. Next thing you know you're stuck on a couch trying to figure out what the hell just happened and BOOM, You've been "dusted" - PCP. That snowballs (wow, no pun intended) into coke and that next fix. The next thing you can even kindof remember is coming down in someones basement, surrounded by tweakers, bag bitches, and that one guy you called your friend that got you into something a little harder. If you're lucky what's left of your brain says "who the fuck are you, where the hell are you and what the serious fuck are you doing". If you're real lucky you be a man, deal with the detox and drop it all cold turkey and never touch the shit again.

Everyone around me now wonders how I can be so adamant about being anti weed. They go on and on about how I used to be the go to loady. I just tell them I got lucky and grew up
I found it in a shop in Raton New Mexico. I bought it for a quarter. Cracked me up it was called a Gay Camper. It must be old as hell. They would pull that shit off the shelf now days. Because some Homo would get offended.
If you don't chew big red then FUCK YOU
Ace of Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2014, 10:33 PM   #104
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

WARNING - This may be a long post WTF??

My thoughts about Marijuana (& my health problems):
I started smoking weed at around the age of 14, I wasn't doing it all the time, but at least once or twice a week (I never went to school under the influence of weed, however I did drink a 12 oz glass of beer every morning when I started the 7th grade, no it's nothing I like to brag about, I am not proud of it either, but it is relevant to this story), I gave it all up after I was diagnosed with diabetes in April of 1981 at age 15, for the 1st few months I took care of my diabetes as best I could, I wasn't about to let it control me & lose fingers, arms, legs or go blind, all my friends at the time did everything they could to avoid me as if diabetes was contagious, so I started to drink & smoke weed again & my friends didn't ignore me anymore, if I would have been smarter then I'd have found new friends, but just about everybody I knew kept their distance
Then after 2 years at age 17, I met a Beautiful gal (my wife now) I told her about my diabetes, she seen how I ignored my diabetes, within 2 weeks after meeting her she started telling me all the bad things about diabetes (she studied everything about the disease), told me that if I planned to be with her, I had better start taking care of myself, which I did, yeah I smoked weed occasionally & drank beer, but I still took good care of my diabetes, my wife (girl friend at the time) told me that diabetes has 2 outcomes, you can ignore it & die, or you can take care of myself & beat the disease, all was well

Then in my late 20's I started having pain issues in my back, hips, shoulders & basically every joint in my body, now remember, I had 2 back injuries, the 1st was in December 17 1983, I was on the school bus & the driver took off before I could find a seat, he hit the brakes for the last passengers & I flew from the middle of the bus & busted my tail bone on the dash board of the school bus, once everything settled, I had the shifter between my legs & realized what happened, lucky for me the shifter didn't go up my ass, I left school as soon as my teacher got to our class, he sent me home, my dad picked me up & took me straight to my doctor, he thought it was just a muscular problem & told me to take it easy as well as to take Tylenol
My 2nd back injury was in the Summer of 1985, I got crushed by a 350 lb wooden pallet that was 16 feet long, it was standing on end leaning against the building on the loading dock, the wind was blowing really bad that day & it blew the pallet/skid over & I just so happened to be 14 feet away from the building squatting down loading a shaft into the back of a truck, this was at the 1st machine shop I worked at, it knocked me unconscious for almost 5 minutes, I was seeing stars & tweeting birds, I left work & straight to a chiropractor I had started seeing because my back was always in pain, he did X-Rays & I had 3 vertebra completely jammed together along with 2 bulged discs, he did his thing for about 2-1/2 years, then another set of X-Rays showed that my 3 vertebra were just about back to normal, but I did have a herniated disc, after a while he was no longer helping me, the shooting pains started going down my legs, almost felt like I had been struck my lightning

Fast forward to 1996 I started having lots of back & hip pain, was referred to an orthopedic surgeon & I was diagnosed with arthritis as well as told I needed a double hip replacement, he sent me to an arthritis doctor who started me on arthritis meds, I felt much better & resumed back to 12 hour work days, after 3 years I started going into kidney failure, it was from the from arthritis medication as well as NSAID (AKA non-steroidal anti inflammatory drugs, aka Advil, Ibuprofen, they all cause kidney damage), now I was told about the possibility of kidney damage from the meds along with diabetes (double edged sword), it is also hard on the kidneys if not under good control, I had my diabetes under tight control (my wife made sure of that)

So now I get my kidney transplant, I wasn't able to take anything except narcotics for the pain, I didn't like the way they fogged up my mind, so I started smoking weed again, it helped me ignore the pain, I wasn't working si it didn't really matter, now it didn't take away all the pain, but it sure did make it so much easier to ignore the pain
Thenn after the kidney transplant & the meds I was on I lost total control of my diabetes, so I go on a transplant list for a pancreas, while on a transplant list they test for drugs every 30 days, so I gave it up again, then 6 months after my 2nd pancreas transplant, I started smoking weed again & still do to this day, all our meds come 1st, then all our bills get paid, & it there is enough money left, I'd buy a little weed, everything else came 1st, I never ever smoked it around my son's, hell I gave up ciggs because I didn't want them to see me smoke, once my oldest son graduated from high school, he caught me while I was in my garage smoking a joint

Now since I may be going back to work, I told the guy that owns & runs the shop that I used it & why (they require a drug test), he really didn't say anything about it, but he called my references & according to the once I talked to Saturday morning, it looks like I'm getting the job, I did promise the guy that I'd never come to work under the influence of weed, alcohol, or pain meds

Now as far as medical marijuana use goes, I see no problem with it, I say it's much safer than alcohol, when drinking, you sometimes think "yeah, I can drive" but if stopped you would fail a breathalyzer test, I think it sucks that THC stays in your system for up to 30 day, but you can wake up drunk after a night of drinking alcohol
I also agree that if it does become legal, whether it be medically, or recreational use (like Colorado), they should tax the hell out of it just like they do tobacco & alcohol, the 1st day of 2014 Colorado sold millions of dollars of it, all that tax money could pay off this counties deficit after a few years, at the moment the drug cartels are the ones killing people, it would really screw them up & hopefully put them out of the marijuana sales all together, then again, it could make things worse, ya never know until you try it
Then there was Bill Clinton who said he didn't inhale, he's a flippin liar, he also lied about that sex scandal, I blame that on why kids are having sex at such a young age, most kids back then were led to believe that "oral sex" isn't really sex, he totally fucked up an entire generation of kids, plus I'd rather have a person admit to using marijuana & saying it's not good for you, especially young school aged kids, if caught contributing marijuana to a minor, it should be an automatic 10 years in jail, no if's about it

Then there is the debate that marijuana is more dangerous than cocaine, that's BULL SHIT, it's less dangerous than alcohol, as an example, put 100 people in a room with all the alcohol they can drink, then put another 100 people in a room with all the weed thy can smoke, after a few hours I can almost guarantee the alcohol room will end up with several fist fights, the only argument in the marijuana room would be who is gonna go get some food, but hey, there is an easy fix for that problem, they can call a pizza place & have it delivered, problem solved with no fights except for pizza toppings, but that's when you order several pizzas with different kinds of toppings

Now I know not everyone will agree with my reasoning, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion, yes it has it's bad points, but that's the same with life
I'm pro medical marijuana usage, yes, it's not for everyone, but the same goes for alcohol, not everybody can handle they alcohol, but nobody has ever over dosed from smoking to much marijuana unless they used some other drugs along with it

IF you have never used marijuana, then you can't say whether it's dangerous or not, the only people that it is dangerous for, are growing kids in school, once out of high school, it's no different than alcohol
Almost just like all the people who don't like AC VW's, it's because they have never driven one, they think they are to GOOD to drive one & they aren't worth the metal used to make it, After driving Chevy's, Ford's, Oldsmobile's, Cadillac's, Jeep's or any other non VW car, then you have no idea

The GOV have never confirmed whether it is dangerous of not, they stopped testing it long ago, I believe it's because they found the only dangerous part of using marijuana is the fact that if smoked, it is a carcinogen, so vaporize it, or make butter with the THC in it, ingestion is the best way to use marijuana with no ill side effects

Again, just so everyone knows, alcohol, marijuana, & prescription medications effect each & every person differently, for 6 years I had to take 6 different hi blood pressure meds to keep my blood pressure under control, they came out with a new blood pressure med that works for me with only 1 pill a day, it finally went generic as of Jan 2014

Marijuana also give one an appetite, last March & April I went without using weed at all, I lost 35 pounds over a 10 day period of time, that's because 8 of my 11 prescriptions cause loss of appetite, after I started using it again, I gained 25 of those pounds back, I can't afford to lose 5 lbs let alone 35, my normal weight was 185 lbs, I had between 4 & 5% body fat, all the weight I lost was muscle, hell my favorite leather coat hangs over my shoulders like it's 5 sizes to big, it fit me perfect when my wife bought it for me 22 years ago, now it swallows me up when I have it on, I always wear a thick coat under it so it fits me

Sorry for my long winded post, but I just wanted to express my thoughts on the marijuana subject after reading everyone else's
Yes I disagree with some, but hey, if everybody had the same color hair, eyes & drove the exact same car that was the same exact color, all flowers were only red with a green stem, it would be a very boring world to live in, same goes for people, it would be confusing as hell if all our faces looked exactly alike

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2014, 12:44 AM   #105
DrHax
Forum Member

Its more the fact that i've seen.. how do I word it? My female friend the one who got baked. She even classified herself as a whore, and those around her and form her scene were iffy at best. (I never ventured deep into it. I wanted to avoid any potential fuck ups.) Theres the element of the "drug" and the enviroment and mentality. Legalizing it and taxing the fuck out of it might work, or might blow up in everybody's face, because HEY the illegal shits cheaper and if I get caught with it. OH WELL.

I am not a person whose say should be really looked at, because i'm a person who can smoke a cigar once ever three months and not want more, or drink a glass of rum once every 15 months and not crave it. Even sex doesn't control me like it seems to most people. Maybe it was the experience at my middle school and the constant fights and all of the psychological bullshit trauma, but my mind is detached from my body. I

also didn't want to become dependent on something for an escape. So when ever things got rough and I had to avoid putting a .22lr survival rifle down my throat I wrote. Writing was my drug, while my other friends were busy fucking, smoking weed, X, shrooms, and a bunch of code word shit i've never heard of before anywhere. I was blocking out the world creating my own with stories because Life sucked. So yes i'm a geek, I'm a steampunk geek whose into the mechanical elements of things and loves to tinker with shit.
But I managed to stay somewhat clean throught my hellish years and I havent' succumb to any vices that will linger and haunt me. I can't say the same about my friends. Only two of them have no obvious vices from school, One of them was a person who lived such a sheltered happy life you wonder why he can smile when you at the same time was wondering why you haven't snapped anybody's neck, and the other was a friend of mine whose an artist who went through the same hell hole I did.( she poured acid on her face because of the social pressures exerted on her at that hell hole) My wing man friend knocked up a girl who doesn't love him and is going into the military,
and my female stoner friend didn't graduate.
I fared pretty well overall. Sure i'm pretty sure I have mutiple psychological issues and wonder at times if i'm just different or suffering from the early onset of something, But I got a girlfriend who loves me truly, and I got my vw bug, a welder, and a shitty job (Girlfriend's step father helped me there.) I fared well compared to some of my friends, but over all I know I turned out as well as I could have considering what I went through, Overall I'm as happy as i could be. I know for a fact if I got into drugs I probably wouldn't be here talking to you guys I'd be dead in a ditch Edgar Allan Poe style, before I even could graduate.

Now can somebody tell me why Hot dog buns came in packages of 8 While hot dogs come in packages of 10?!

Last edited by DrHax; January 27th, 2014 at 09:08 AM.
Old January 27th, 2014, 03:16 PM   #106
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHax View Post
Now can somebody tell me why Hot dog buns came in packages of 8 While hot dogs come in packages of 10?!
I always wondered the same thing

But now that I think about it, it's so you hafta buy another pack of buns, only so the last 6 buns go bad, it's so they can get the extra $1.50 (or what ever a pack of hot dog buns cost) & your left with extras that most times get stale by the time you buy more dogs

If I was a bettin man, I'd say the politicians are the one's responsible for that deal, the politicians

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
Old January 27th, 2014, 04:40 PM   #107
amrcnbadaz
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmaster1766 View Post
I always wondered the same thing

But now that I think about it, it's so you hafta buy another pack of buns, only so the last 6 buns go bad, it's so they can get the extra $1.50 (or what ever a pack of hot dog buns cost) & your left with extras that most times get stale by the time you buy more dogs

If I was a bettin man, I'd say the politicians are the one's responsible for that deal, the politicians

Ron

And Johnsonville brats come in packs of 5. Which jams up the ratio also.
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 1 2006, 06:05 PM)

That bike makes my scrotum cry...
Quote:
QUOTE Steve Jan 26, 2008

If one of my buddies pulled into my driveway and got out of that, I'd punch him right in the colon.

That thing looks like a blue clitoris.
amrcnbadaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2014, 05:14 PM   #108
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Its more the fact that i've seen.. how do I word it? My female friend the one who got baked. She even classified herself as a whore, and those around her and form her scene were iffy at best. (I never ventured deep into it. I wanted to avoid any potential fuck ups.) Theres the element of the "drug" and the enviroment and mentality. Legalizing it and taxing the fuck out of it might work, or might blow up in everybody's face, because HEY the illegal shits cheaper and if I get caught with it. OH WELL.

I am not a person whose say should be really looked at, because i'm a person who can smoke a cigar once ever three months and not want more, or drink a glass of rum once every 15 months and not crave it. Even sex doesn't control me like it seems to most people. Maybe it was the experience at my middle school and the constant fights and all of the psychological bullshit trauma, but my mind is detached from my body. I

also didn't want to become dependent on something for an escape. So when ever things got rough and I had to avoid putting a .22lr survival rifle down my throat I wrote. Writing was my drug, while my other friends were busy fucking, smoking weed, X, shrooms, and a bunch of code word shit i've never heard of before anywhere. I was blocking out the world creating my own with stories because Life sucked. So yes i'm a geek, I'm a steampunk geek whose into the mechanical elements of things and loves to tinker with shit.
But I managed to stay somewhat clean throught my hellish years and I havent' succumb to any vices that will linger and haunt me. I can't say the same about my friends. Only two of them have no obvious vices from school, One of them was a person who lived such a sheltered happy life you wonder why he can smile when you at the same time was wondering why you haven't snapped anybody's neck, and the other was a friend of mine whose an artist who went through the same hell hole I did.( she poured acid on her face because of the social pressures exerted on her at that hell hole) My wing man friend knocked up a girl who doesn't love him and is going into the military,
and my female stoner friend didn't graduate.
I fared pretty well overall. Sure i'm pretty sure I have mutiple psychological issues and wonder at times if i'm just different or suffering from the early onset of something, But I got a girlfriend who loves me truly, and I got my vw bug, a welder, and a shitty job (Girlfriend's step father helped me there.) I fared well compared to some of my friends, but over all I know I turned out as well as I could have considering what I went through, Overall I'm as happy as i could be. I know for a fact if I got into drugs I probably wouldn't be here talking to you guys I'd be dead in a ditch Edgar Allan Poe style, before I even could graduate.

Steampunk? CHECK. My Volksrod has a good splattering of it.
Writer? CHECK. Been writing a novel for the past 23 years. It's pretty detailed and I've been tweaking it and still have a lot to go.
Had a great girlfriend. She makes an even greater wife.
My last pack of Nathan's had 8 dogs in it...
Jeff
Old January 27th, 2014, 06:43 PM   #109
d3ghia
Rabble Rouser

Member Photo Albums

So JiI is an older DrHax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkl Ian View Post
Don't be Fucking stupid.

The bolt is Fucked, it won't fix it's self,
the Bolt Fairy won't fix it, and you can't fix it.

I know there is a Full Moon, but quit Fucking around.
d3ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2014, 07:22 PM   #110
DrHax
Forum Member

Quote:
Steampunk? CHECK. My Volksrod has a good splattering of it.
Writer? CHECK. Been writing a novel for the past 23 years. It's pretty detailed and I've been tweaking it and still have a lot to go.
Had a great girlfriend. She makes an even greater wife.
My last pack of Nathan's had 8 dogs in it...
Jeff
yeah, thats my plan with my girlfriend. We know it, everybody knows it. Yeah shes been encouraging me to finish my novel 194 pages and 91517 words Been writing since 2010, 90% of the book is written

Old January 27th, 2014, 07:24 PM   #111
DrHax
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3ghia View Post

Oh god tempted to make that my signature now

Old January 27th, 2014, 07:46 PM   #112
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:

Are you warning me or him?!
Jeff
Old January 27th, 2014, 07:55 PM   #113
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
yeah, thats my plan with my girlfriend. We know it, everybody knows it. Yeah shes been encouraging me to finish my novel 194 pages and 91517 words Been writing since 2010, 90% of the book is written
I should tally mine up. I know I had around 700 handwritten pages that I'm still transposing. A little advice:
1. Break the book up into separate files so if one goes corrupt, it's just a section. I lost 16 pages, all single-spaced, original thought one night. Have my novel backed up on my laptop, on our tower, my jump drive, my computer at work, e-mailed to myself and on my phone. 23 years of work is NOT going to be lost!
2. Get some speech recognition software. I have dragon Naturally Speaking 12.0 and it's pretty amazing. You'll have to go back and edit stuff but you can get thoughts down really fast.
Jeff
Old January 27th, 2014, 08:38 PM   #114
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Just did some math: Mine is 17 "chapters", at 6 chapters written and only about 90% of those are done. 97,700 words so far. Page numbers? Ugh, have no idea!
Jeff
Old January 27th, 2014, 09:25 PM   #115
DrHax
Forum Member

Quote:
Just did some math: Mine is 17 "chapters", at 6 chapters written and only about 90% of those are done. 97,700 words so far. Page numbers? Ugh, have no idea!
Jeff
I save my stories directly to an SD card, because I use linux, libreoffice use to corrupt files by turning them into 0 bit null files. So yeah i'm paranoid. I've lost 4 sd cards have 5 harddrives crash on me, yet i've managed to retain all of my stories. I'm paranoid I've had my story get corrupted four times and i've save it twice. Once on my desktop and then on the card if one goes out I just copy the file then move it over. It works fine.

Old January 27th, 2014, 09:34 PM   #116
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

E-mail it to yourself. You can pull it up anywhere.
Jeff
Old January 27th, 2014, 09:37 PM   #117
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:

I guess he's a mini me.
Jeff
Old January 27th, 2014, 10:02 PM   #118
DrHax
Forum Member

Talking Re: Things that make you say.... WTF?

Quote:
I guess he's a mini me.
Jeff

Sanity is overated

Old January 27th, 2014, 10:06 PM   #119
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Sanity isn't allowed here....
Jeff
Old January 27th, 2014, 11:26 PM   #120
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I save my stories directly to an SD card, because I use linux, libreoffice use to corrupt files by turning them into 0 bit null files. So yeah i'm paranoid. I've lost 4 sd cards have 5 harddrives crash on me, yet i've managed to retain all of my stories. I'm paranoid I've had my story get corrupted four times and i've save it twice. Once on my desktop and then on the card if one goes out I just copy the file then move it over. It works fine.
that sounds like a shittily unstable distro, or there is something seriously wrong...

if you have a gmail account, you could use their word-clone.. it's free and stores in your gmail cloud.. I used to do my homework there so i could work on it while I was at work and then continue at home without having to remember to send the file to myself..

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========
Feel free to stare and admire,
but kindly tell me if it's on fire!

1972 VolksRod "Effigy" Build Thread
1986 Honda Shadow VT1100 Work Thread
tattooed_pariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2014, 11:34 PM   #121
Ray-Dean
Forum Member

Ya know, I buy the 24 pack of hot dogs and three packages of buns... Problem solved.
Old January 28th, 2014, 08:03 AM   #122
DrHax
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooed_pariah View Post
that sounds like a shittily unstable distro, or there is something seriously wrong...

if you have a gmail account, you could use their word-clone.. it's free and stores in your gmail cloud.. I used to do my homework there so i could work on it while I was at work and then continue at home without having to remember to send the file to myself..
Basically it was the way Libreoffice didn't exactly save to the harddrive, it mounted it first, then made a copy of the save then SAVED it to the harddrive. The issue is if anything interuppted this madness.. The file got corrupt. So power outage, You're screwed. Screen saver You're screwed. Don't ever... let the screen dim. Yeah...I found the work around was to save to and SD card since it ididn't have to deal with mounting the harddrive and crazy crap like that. Just instant saving to the SD card. Worked great for multiple programs And considering the fact I had 3 different laptops I used.. (all of them broken now... Seriously they don't make those things to last ) it was nice.

Old January 29th, 2014, 01:12 PM   #123
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

I guess he's a mini me.
Jeff

Now that confirms a number of suspicions.

On a novel note. A Snowman's Chance (my Vietnam novel) runs 436 pages and 84,000 words or so, shortened from 126,000 word after working with an agent and editor. The editor was great, (a former editor-in-chief with Putnam)...the agent didn't work out so well.
Gabriel's Trumpet (a beautiful ex-Air Force fighter pilot pulls her motorcycle side car rig over along a desolate stretch of Nevada highway to pick up a wayward golden retriever and his late master.) also edited, is 234 ages and 72,000 words. I'm roughly 35k words into each sequel and still looking for a new agent.
We've got one for art, maybe we should have a 'Novel' thread?
V8Transporter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2014, 09:41 PM   #124
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Old joke: Old guy says he's been married 54 years, "Best 12 years of my life."

Been with my wife 16, married a touch over 10. She is blind and mental like John's, Kim's and yours Ron.
Jeff
WOW, WTF, I didn't realize that my wife was blind, well dadgum, that explains everything
Actually I'm the one who WAS blind in both eyes at different times, the first time was in October of 2000, the 2nd time was in August of 2004, for some unknown reason diabetics have unnatural blood vessel growth inside the eyes, it can lead to a hemorrhage of a blood vessel & the blood clouds up the vitreous gel in the eye, next thing you know you can't see a thing
To restore vision they do what's called "Vitrectomy Surgery", they suck out the vitreous gel from the inside of your eye & replace it with a similar type gel (synthetic vitreous gel), after a week or two it does restore your vision

I can see clearly now that I have a new pair of glasses, my last pair broke in 2010 shortly after I had renewed my drivers license, I haven't worn glasses now for almost 4 years, I'm only supposed to wear them when driving, my right eye is much worse than my left eye, that's what's been causing my eyes to get tired so often, guess I'll find out soon enough

BTW, below is a pic of my SweetHeart
We have been together 31 years as of this coming April
I tried to do the attachment thing with this pic, I hope I did it right, every time I try to use photobuckets it makes my computer slow down & freezes up, then it sends a crash report to FireFox which then Emails you with ways to fix the problem, I have tried almost everything, now that I'm working again I'll be able to send some money so I can become a premium member of this site, I just hope my body can handle it

Ron

09-16-11_2304.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 09-16-11_2304.jpg (190.3 KB, 12 views)

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
Old January 31st, 2014, 11:40 PM   #125
DrHax
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Transporter View Post
I guess he's a mini me.
Jeff

Now that confirms a number of suspicions.

On a novel note. A Snowman's Chance (my Vietnam novel) runs 436 pages and 84,000 words or so, shortened from 126,000 word after working with an agent and editor. The editor was great, (a former editor-in-chief with Putnam)...the agent didn't work out so well.
Gabriel's Trumpet (a beautiful ex-Air Force fighter pilot pulls her motorcycle side car rig over along a desolate stretch of Nevada highway to pick up a wayward golden retriever and his late master.) also edited, is 234 ages and 72,000 words. I'm roughly 35k words into each sequel and still looking for a new agent.
We've got one for art, maybe we should have a 'Novel' thread?
I'm down for it. Honestly I'm just curious to hear about the tasks of publishing and other bullcrap. Also considering the fact my story is steampunk.. and went a totally opposite direction of the classic "OI WER IN LUNDIN WITH ZEPPEL'NS N' CHIMNEY SWEEPS!" I honestly don't know if my crap is publishable. Granted I should worry about finishing the damn story first