I know what I said in my first post about not having the time to build a rod, well I still don't but sometimes you just gotta say screw it and do it anyway!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img]
I've had an idea for a car kicking around for quite some time and recently had a small windfall of cash and I think that I have a line on some workspace so I'm going to give it a shot. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Sawzallsmiley.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/welderface.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/driving.gif[/img]
Here's the concept...
Here's the plan...
- remove fenders, top & rear sheetmetal, and 10-12 inches behind the B-pillar
- move body back to extend the front axle (sorry Tinbeater, no extension needed)
- reskin the doors and build custom rearend out of wood (I'm a much better woodworker than bodyman)
- freshen up the motor and make it look purdy
- drive the shit out of it!!!!
Here's the inspiration...
saw this Woody Deuce in the 2004 Rod&Custom Asphalt Ego-Rama
Rob, I'll probably (read definitely, absolutely, positively) need some tips on moving the body back and relocating the pedals, shifter, etc... plus I dig your upholstery and windshield frame
I really dig this Pascal Meslet cartoon but I want a roadster
the "Little Wood" - I like it but I think I can improve on the woodwork
excellent woodwork but I'd loose the fenders
I'm gonna try to dig up some Peterson plans just to get the dimensions but I want more of a Manx inspired rearend
Well that's the plan for now, just gotta find the donar car...