Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Go Back   Cut-Weld-Drive Forums > The VolksRodders Forum > Members Intros and Project Updates!

Members Intros and Project Updates! New member introductions and project updates...
Your ongoing "journals"...

User Information
Your Avatar

Stuff to check out...

Cool stuff you NEED!

Forum Stats
Members: 16,693
Threads: 31,741
Total Online: 80

Newest Member: 500chaparral

Latest Threads
- by nomercy

Old June 20th, 2006, 09:14 PM   #1
clowncar
Forum Member

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Idunno.gif[/img]

So I just graduated with a bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering...and before I start stanford in the fall for my master's/phd I figured I'd do a volksrod project and maybe actually learn something [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

So step 1: find a bug that isn't scared of [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Sawzallsmiley.gif[/img]
Found one down the road from me..a 67. Get there and it takes the guy an hour plus a call to his mechanic friend to get the engine to fire and idle. I was sold!!!!

so about a grand later I'm pissing off my neighbors with this beauty..

doors are shaved but no poppers and windows haven't been put back in. Inside has 2 seats a non-functioning speedo and some spiders. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img]

Came with a bunch of boxes of crap (like 9 rusted/busted singleport heads [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/confused.gif[/img] wtf) and an EXTRA SHOCK!! yayyy...until i found out the rear was missing one...probably shouldnt have drove this thing so much.

so once the tank was dry it went bye bye into the garage!
clowncar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2006, 12:06 PM   #2
clowncar
Forum Member

Default Re: the clown car

so i'm leaving for a couple weeks in the motherland (armenia in my case) so i'll update with a current picture.

cut the inner fenders, got the extension on and steering semi-hooked up, it's a roller again!!well...i'm not sure yet if the front tires will touch the floor
Right now the beam is on a jack that's all the way lowered and the tires are 3 inches off the floor
sorry bout the crappy pic, not much room left in the garage
Old September 16th, 2006, 11:18 PM   #3
clowncar
Forum Member

wellll...this is how she looks now. Decided to go half-fendered. Only one headlight on, doors still dont have glass, and i only painted the removable parts but i'm off to school tomorrow so she goes back in the garage for hibernation. :cry:

didn't even get to drive her. Brakes aren't bled, wiring's not done
winter break maybe :cry::cry:

Old October 12th, 2006, 02:17 PM   #4
clowncar
Forum Member

well...it's been a month since i've seen her, but my mom sent me an email today with a couple pics of me in the garage. :cry:
Old October 12th, 2006, 02:26 PM   #5
clowncar
Forum Member

noticed i only posted one picture from the last day so i'll put up the couple others i took.

I put in the rear shock on the pass side that was missing and the car went from dumped to completely tilted with the pass side way higher than the driverside. Bad shock on the pass side or are my springs messed up?