Total Online: 59

Newest Member: Deepman

Latest Threads
- by DrHax

Old August 16th, 2008, 08:15 AM   #101
Steve White
Forum Member

Default Re: Volksrodder Meals - real recipes for cutters, welders, and drivers

I don't flollow instrutions worth a damn and the result is this meat stew half assed chili thing I call
My Mess-o-Shit Delight

ingredients vary slighty every time but this is the ore of it

3 lbs of pork back ribs
3 or 4 large british banger style sausages
2 1/2 lbs of ground steak or lean burger
1/2 lb of thick cut bacon
3 eggs
8 cloves of garlic
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon of fresh black pepper
2 tablespoons of italian seasoning
1 - 8 oz can of tomato paste
2 - 26 oz cans of tomato sauce
1 - 40 oz can of stewed tomato's
4 - large fresh sweet tomato's
1 - 28 can of kidney beans
1 - 28 oz can of mixed beans
10 tablespoons of chili powder
8 - slices of bread

Mu moms makes a kick ass easterner style stew and she starts it by frying the meat up in the bottom of the stew pot and once it is lightly fried on all sides she adds the water and her other ingredients. That is where I got the idea from.

I take a big ass pot and toss it on some heat. I pour enough olive oil on the bottom to get a little bit of a deep frying effect. Not actually deep frying you understand, but I want to crisp up the edge of the pork back ribs that I chop into 4 rib sections and toss in with the un-cut english bangers. I fry them up till they are partially cooked on both sides and I have some nice crusty looking edges and the bangers got some sear marks on em.

meanwhile I fry up the bacon in a seperate pan cause I want to be able to drain the grease off it. Soon as its done I toss it on paper towel and pat it down to remove as much grease as possible and then strip the meat, chop it into little peices and toss it in the pot. Throw out the fat and grease.

Then in go the cans on tomato sauce followed by all of the other tomato shit. I take the whole tomatos and just chop them like I would an apple for a pie. I throw the cores away.

Add the salt, pepper, 4 cloves of minced garlic, the chili powder and 1 table spoon of italian seasoning.

Let it simmer for 3 hours.

Take the ground beef/steak and add the eggs, torn up bread crumbs, and the left over spices and garlic and mix that shit up. I make average sized meat balls out of it and I lightly fry them up in a pan with some olive oil. I want them fully cooked and fried crusty. Put them aside.

Fish the ribs and bangers out of the sauce. I strip and shread the meat off the ribs and toss the fat and bones. I slice up the bangers into little peices and toss it all back into the pot along with the fried meatballs.

Now I pour in a beer and let it simmer for another 4 hours.
I makes a horrible mess of the kitchen. I mean its just nasty so sleep in the next morning and thank your wife with good girl sex for cleaning up the mess...seriously, if she cleans that shit up while you sleep she deserve some hard core payback.

So next morning I drain the beans, rinse them under water and toss them in and simmer the mess-o-shit for another 3 to 5 hours.

It friggin rocks. Its not a chili ... its kinda of a meat stew in tomato sauce kinda thing ...it is My Mess-O-Shit and it goes excellent with corn on the cob, crusty buns and a cold beer while sitting down by the water with friends listening to tunes which is where I'm heading in a couple of hours.

We will be following it up by another result of my inability to follow instructions. An infusion of my private reserve conisour honey oil in 140 proof rum knee popper fizz shooters. mmmm mmmm mmmm.

We will be sleeping in the Dubster tonight

Don't argue with idiots, people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
Steve White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2008, 10:16 AM   #102
Charlie Mosh
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcentric View Post
REAL MEN SHARE RECIPES!

[ anybody who says otherwise]

i'm such
a man that I only eat this....

Charlie Mosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2008, 09:18 PM   #103
Feuer_kampfer
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haukola View Post
We did something like that alot when I was a kid... but we used the vegetable beef soup instead of gumbo. We either had it on hamburger buns or over white rice... in the time it takes to make instant rice in the microwave, you can have this done and dinner's on -- we called it skillet stew.
Mmmmmmmmmmmm........poor food.................My mom used to make all kinds a chit.

I never thought spagetti sauce made with ketchup could be sooo good......Thanks MOM!!!
Feuer_kampfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2008, 05:36 PM   #104
XrayDean
Forum Member

This deserves a btt for upcoming leftovers . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcentric View Post
Leftover turkey (or chicken) curry
  1. In a suitable pot, stir 1 cup of Instant Rice, 1 cup of water and a shot of olive oil together, then cook until all water is absorbed by the rice (if it's done before the curry is, take it off the stove, but leave the lid on it)
  2. While the rice is cooking, cut the leftover bird into a cup or two of small chunks (after removing the skin)
  3. Sprinkle 2T curry powder over the chunks as you saute them in 1T olive oil (separate pan, obviously)
  4. Stir in 1/4 cup minced onion (dry or raw) as you saute
  5. When all the curry powder is stuck to the chunks, stir in 1 can of Cheddar Cheese soup, 1T worcestershire sauce, and 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter (unless you're allergic)
  6. As soon as all ingredients of the curry are melted into one lumpless sauce, add 1/3 cup of raisins, and serve on dinner plates over the rice (like gravy over mashed potatoes)
  7. Garnish generously with shredded coconut and a few more raisins on top; serve with a side of chilled mandarin oranges straight from the can
NOTES:
- If you think the curry is too thick, you can thin it with either some chicken broth or milk.
- Since everything in this meal has already been cooked before, you're really only combining and warming up, so it's really quick.

Serves two adults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelrome View Post
The problem with kids today is.

They're too young.
XrayDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2008, 01:56 AM   #105
yimbo
Forum Member

For those of you who like sardines,
1 can sardines in oil
1/2 can black olives pitted
1 handfull Keebler club crackers crushed
mayonase
mix well in a bowl and spread between bread.

Having children is like being pecked to death by a duck!

The differance between a man and a boy. When there is a job to be done a boy will find a way to get out of it, a man will find a way to get it done !
yimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2008, 01:15 PM   #106
max16v
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelrome View Post
The recipe for wienerschnitzel chili is:

Well, if I told you I'd have to kill you.
I worked at weinerschnitzel for about a year and a half and I never made the chili... it always came in a bag and heated it up.

I really don't mind since it tastes awesome. In fact, I might just stop by there on the way home from work...
'56 Royal Enfield Super Meteor -The NorField
'69 T1 "Das Straßenzerstörer"
'86 Scirocco 16vT
max16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2009, 11:00 AM   #107
Turbo Punk
Forum Member

I'm in the process of making home made Hawiian style flavor beef jerky.

Here is what you need.

4lbs of cheap steak (top round, london broil). You don't want lean steak, it just won't work right.

2 tablespoons of onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoons of garlic powder
1 1/2 cup of tariaki marinade
1/2 cup of pinapple juice
1 tablespoon of cayane pepper.

Prep.

Mix ingrediants in a bowl and set aside.

Cut the steak into strips no thicker than 1/4"

Place the meat in a container and pour marinade mixture over the meat.

Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours (at least).

Cooking.

Place oven rack on highest level.
Place aluminum foil on bottom of oven to catch drips
Preheat to 150 degrees. The lowest setting on my stove is 170. Use the lowest setting you can withought going under 150 degrees.
Insert round toothpicks through tops of meat strips and hang them on oven rack making sure they are not touching each other.

Bake for 6 hours.

Makes 1 serving.

Come on, I'm a guy! Do you really think I'm going to share my beef jerky?

Here's a pic after 1 hour. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Turbo Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2009, 01:28 PM   #108
Scott76
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I thought I was the only one crazy enough to cure meat. I have a 23 lb. ham hanging in my garage curing. Mid Feb. it should be done and then I have to hang it in the smoke house for a good heavy hickory smoke! Its hard to find an old country ham anymore.

Fleetwing Camper

Going to the Basement
Scott76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2009, 03:49 PM   #109
don-vee
Forum Member

Ok, this is definitely along my lines of expertise, as I have been a chef for about 20 years. I am in the middle of writing a pretty unusual cookbook featuring some fucking hardcore grub, no prissy shit. Lots of barbecue and comfort food. I cut and pasted part of the transcripts, a recipe for my famous bbq baked beans:

IT'S TOOTIN' TIME!

2 cans of navy beans or northern beans (pretty much the same thing)
1 can of butter beans
barbecue sauce (a sweet kind, like Sweet Baby Ray's, Billy Bee, or any kind with honey or molasses, whatever the hell ya like)
small onion (maybe about the size of a golf ball or a nutsack)
bacon (I personally use turkey bacon, but regular bacon is a-ok!)
a chile pepper (I used a red ancho chile)
maybe a little cracked black pepper if you like that sorta thing

Drain and rinse the butter beans and ONE can of the navy beans. Leave one can of navy beans with some of the beanjuice in it, you're gonna use it. Dump 'em all out into a crock or 9x12 baking pan or something like that. Gurgle some BBQ sauce over all of it and mix that shit in good. Don't be a fucking pussy, get a good amount of sauce in there, you're not using it for a condiment, this is your base here. BBQ sauce plus bean juice makes the magic happen, ya dig?
Cut the bacon into 1/2 inch pieces, use as much or as little as you want, I like a good amount so I'd use half a package. Fry them little motherfuckers up, don't overcook 'em, you don't want it to be krispy. Drain it, unless you enjoy bypass surgery. Dice the onion and toss that shit in for a quick bit until it's cooked. Now toss all that into the beans. VERY FINELY dice your chile and toss that in the mix. Now wash your hands, don't rub your eyes or they'll look like radishes.
If you're using a crock, put it on low or medium and go watch TV. If you're baking them, pop 'em in at about 350 or so and go watch TV. Ya don't want 'em to look burnt or dried out, so when it starts to look a little dry around the edges, you're done. It doesn't take too long, maybe 20 minutes or whatever, just keep taste-testing.
For an extra treat, you can add more bacon on top!
Eat-n-toot, fuckers!
don-vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2009, 03:58 PM   #110
richie
Forum Member

After 16yrs of being married,with 4 kids.......and still happy....I cook like a bachelor.1 can of cheap chili,bowl of tortilla chips,handful of cheese.......mix it all up,dig in...........Same with a can of beans and a bowl of tater tots,MMMMMMMMMMMM!
Old January 17th, 2009, 04:06 PM   #111
Turbo Punk
Forum Member

Beef jerky is done. I think I'll add some soy sauce next time for a bit of saltyness some worcestershiersauce for the spices and more cayane pepper to heat it up a bit.

For this being my first time trying this, it came out pretty good.

Turbo Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2009, 05:52 PM   #112
Dbug41
Owner/CEO/Head Janitor

Member Photo Albums

Let me get THE WIFE

Hey guy's here is a brief history or our recipes starting in the lean years,the crappy years and to the present!
Ok so the husband drug me away from what I was doing to tell you how he got fat!
So in the beginning we always had the munchies but no money
recipe 1
This one is still one of his favorites and really easy
Take one package of keilbasa sliced into half inch pieces
one box of augratin potatoes and one can of french cut green beans, prepare the potatoes according to the directions but cut the butter by half stir in the sausage and drained greenbeans, top with cheddar cheese and bake ! 165lbs
recipe 2
Take about 12 mushrooms sliced place in the bottom of a large sauce pan add 1 cup sliced onions, 2 tbsp of butter ,1 clove of garlic minced, sautee till golden brown. place 4 sirlion pork chops directly on top, cover and let simmer about 15 minutes. Add 4 potatoes diced on top of pork chops. pour 1/4 cup soy sauce over top 2 tsp black pepper,re-cover and cook 15 more minutes, add 1 package of frozen fordhook lima beans cover and cook for 15 more minutes,enjoy! 200lbs
recipe 3
cook 1 package of fettucine noodles, set aside. take one garlic clove minced brown in large deep fry pan with 1 tbsp butter add 1 pint heavy whipping cream, bring to a simmer, add 1 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese whisk to keep from sticking, add 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, they will shink to about 1/2 cup. turn to low and get small sauce pan, add 1 tbsp butter 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar, 1tbsp onion powder reduce to a glaze, while doing this grill several sirlion tips till med rare, dice some sundried tomatoes , add noodles to sauce, plate noodles ,put sirlion tips on top , drizzle glaze on sirlions, top with sundried tomatoes and gorgonzola cheese! 230lbs
recipe 4
This is his favorite!!!!
Take 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, filet them in half so you and up with 4 thin ones, tenderized each side with a good mallet, in mixing bowl combine 2 1/3 cups flour , and 1/2 tsp salt , make a well in the middle, in another bowl combine 2 eggs, 1/2 cup water, 1tsp olive oil, beat well, pour into well in flour mixture. stir briskly until all ingredients are combined evenly, lay wax paper on counter flour wax paper lightly, roll mixture out to about 1/4 inch thickness, let stand 10 minutes, in yet another bowl , so you have lots of dishes to do after you've slaved over the meal, combine 2 cups of ricoota cheese, 1 cup grated asiago, 2tsp oregano, 1tsp garlic powder,and 1 egg, mix well. now take a shot glass, I know you have one , and cut an equal amount of circles out of the dried dough. place 1/2 tsp of cheese mixture on half of the circles, places unused circles on top, and use a fork to seal the edges of each circle ravioli, let sit, take a large sauce pan put 2tsp of olive oil in pan 1 minced garlic clove, brown slowly so not to burn the garlic, lightly salt and pepper the chicken, place small amount of fontina cheese in chicken, add 1 chopped sage leaf on top of cheese, roll chcken up and toothpick it to hold shape, sautee chicken in olive oil and garlic, you just want to sear the chicken till lightly brown about 5 minutes, remove chicken , and take out toothpicks it should hold together, place in 9 x 12 baking dish, in same pan add 1 cup white wine and 1 can diced fire roasted tomatoes, just heat to deglaze pan, pour over chicken, place ine oven at 350, put large sauce pan of water on to boil, in food processor place about 12 basil leaves , 1 clove garlic, 1/ cup grated parmesan cheese, 1tsp salt, 1/ cup pine nuts, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1tsp red wine vinegar, blend. put fresh ravioli in pot to boil, about 7 minutes , drain, stir in stir in last mixture, plate ravioli, place chicken beside and spoon tomatoe sauce over, enjoy! 265lbs
OK I see the error of my ways!!!
He gets SALAD for the next 12 yrs!!!
Thanks Guy's
Mrs. Dbug41
Give me a like on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-V...59432887438851

I can't make it "idiot proof" the universe will just make a better idiot and send them my way
life is short make fun of it!
Dbug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2009, 07:26 PM   #113
duct-tape
Forum Member

Man, I missed this thread. I'm a serious foodie.
I make my own BBQ sauce, I make pasta from scratch, and if I have a busy day I'll just throw a buncha shit in the crock pot and go work until it's all cooked.

I'll have to do some more reading and contribute to this thread later.
Old January 18th, 2009, 12:08 AM   #114
UncleSlacker
Forum Member

I cook a LOT. I feed 35-50 every Friday night. Gotta do something Quick and EASY? Spaghetti is a good start.

Brown and drain some meat. (I like to do a mix of about 75% ground beef and 25% Sage Sausage)
Add the meat to some ready made canned spaghetti sauce
boil up some noodles and DONE.

Wanna get a little fancier? Add some Cheddar Cheese soup and change Pasta.

Crock Pot Cheesy Mostaccioli

Brown and drain some meat. (again, I like the 75/25 mix)
Mix the aforemetioned Canned Spaghetti sauce with some Cheddar Cheese soup.
Boil up some water and add Mostaccioli pasta, but DON'T COOK it.
(we're going to put this in a Crock Pot and you can EASILY over cook the pasta)
Boil the pasta just enough to where they aren't HARD, but not SOFT either. Only a couple minutes and GET 'em OUT.
Mix the meat, sauce, pasta and put it in the crock pot on low.

I come home from work at lunch and turn on the Crock Pots, go back to work. Come home after work, pick up the Crock Pots and head to the Lodge with a ready to eat meal. Add a little salad from a bag and some bread, DONE.
UncleSlacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 12:30 AM   #115
UncleSlacker
Forum Member

I also like to make soups, some are REALLY easy to slap together.

Easy Potato Soup is GREAT and SIMPLE to make with only a few ingredients and is my FAVORITE thing when it gets C-C-C-COLD outside.

I was raised eating this at least once a week, my father did the best he could and to me this recipe is like that scene in that Ratatouille movie, takes me back to being that poor kid again and it makes me smile because my soup is now as good as my dad's!

POTATOES (red ones work better for this recipe) peeled and cut up.
(big cuts take longer to cook but I like 'em that way, cube 'em up small if you're in a hurry)
Put the cut up potatoes in a big ass pot and just barely cover with water.
ONION - cut one up and put it in the pot with the potatoes. I use an OSTER to really chop that shiat up, but you can go with big chunk if you like onions that way.
BUTTER - put some in, a little or a lot - depends on how much soup you're cooking
SALT - gonna take some salt here folks, won't taste right without a bunch of salt. I pour the salt into my palm and then dump it in the water with the potatoes/onion/butter. I don't measure anything, sorry. Just taste it and use your own judgement. I can tell when I didn't put enough salt in, and it doesn't work as well to add it after the soup's done.
PEPPER - you're going to want some in there after that handfull of salt.
I add some minced garlic in there also, I like garlic.

BACON DRIPPINS (This is the south and we keep that bacon grease in a container on the stove. Gonna need just a tiny bit in this soup. Just take a small spoon and scoop up some of that tasty goodness, flop it off in the pot. Don't take much but you gotta put a little in there)

BOIL.

VELVEETA (start cutting up in small cubes so it melts easily)

Get started on some cornbread, you're going to need it. This Potato Soup AIN'T the appetizer, it's a MEAL and you can't have THIS Potato Soup without some Cornbread cooked in a cast iron skillet... more bacon dippins needed here folks.

When the Potatoes start cooking down they'll thicken up the water. Don't cook the potatoes completely away, you want the chunks in this. Boil until you can smash a big piece of potato with a fork.

Add some milk, not a lot here. I think I might use about a half a cup or so. Really, not too much at all.

Add small cubes of Velveeta until it gets to tasting like you want. I like it kinda cheesy so I put the velveeta to it like maybe 16oz in a really big stock pot of soup.

IF the soup is too thin, you can mix up some milk and flour and add that to the soup to thicken it up, but that almost never happens. Gotta be careful if you're adding the milk/flour also or it'll get big clumps all mixed up in there and that just ruin the soup. I did that the first time I tried to make Potato Soup. The next time I didn't even need it.

I've added Broccoli to this recipe and that's good. I've added corn and that makes it Chowder for some silly reason.

You can add slivers of carrots, add some celery, whatever.

NOW, the MULLINS way of doing this was to take a bowl and put a big slick of that Cornbread in there. Pour the Potato Soup over it and start eating. MAN THAT'S some f'n good eating right there!

Sprinkle some green onions or chives on top, add some crumpled up bacon if you want to. Heck, you can even add some shredded Cheddar on there if you feel like it.

It's kinda cheap, it's TERRIBLY easy, and I'm proof you can eat it all the time and not get sick of it. I'm going on about 35 years or more of eating it, had it two weeks ago and I want some RIGHT NOW. SOME? Shiiiiiiiiiat... I want a LOT of it right now. I'm freezing.

Last edited by UncleSlacker; January 18th, 2009 at 12:32 AM.
UncleSlacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 08:47 AM   #116
rostigbug
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguy View Post
flour tortillias warmed up in a pan and then put a little butter an peanut butter on it then fold into a triangle and eat. or take a flour tortillia and deep fry it in a shallow filled pan then take out and let sit on paper towels. then take cinnimon sugar and lightly sprinkle over all of it. the tortillias on this one need to be cut into smaller triangles to to work best.
A loaf of cheap white bread is cheaper than paper towlels.
I use that to drain my greasy shit on!
Old January 18th, 2009, 08:52 AM   #117
rostigbug
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

If it is hot outside in Iraq or Tucson I make Pasta salad.
At my house we pronounce it "pass the salad"
Like duh
boiled noodles not too boiled. still kinda chewy
broccolii
carrots
onions
meat ( any kind but summer sausage is good,ham also)
grated paramasan cheese
Eye-talian salad dressing
chop everything up reel reel good like and dump it in a bowel
Add eye-tailan dressing untill you think it is enough.
Remember the key to making this good is to chop,mince,dice& cut everything but the noodles into tiny tiny bits!

Last edited by rostigbug; January 18th, 2009 at 09:02 AM.
rostigbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 08:57 AM   #118
rostigbug
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

lotsa' times when we have a buncha' guys over for a work party and food I will make breakfast for dinner.
This is odd but has many good points
1) raw potatoes are cheap & you will have plenty of guys to help scrub& grate 'em for hashbrowns
2) ham sliced thin& fried is waaay cheaper than bacon-sausage
3) Pancakes are easy if you have one of those big electric grills
4) eggs, any style, are easy & cheap
5) none of this is good with beer, so it is a good meal if you are in a non drinking group.
Old January 18th, 2009, 09:00 AM   #119
rostigbug
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

or pat out some hamburger pattys and grill 'em
Burgers,a bag o'chips and a few brewskis allways works!
Old April 19th, 2009, 05:35 PM   #120
losinground
Forum Member

Default O/T White trash recipes wanted

Anybody know of some good cheap recipes when your using all your money on ms.fenderless? Getting tired of pot pies and $1.00 pizzas!
Old April 19th, 2009, 05:44 PM   #121
bigguy
Forum Member

Default Re: O/T White trash recipes wanted

http://www.volksrods.com/forum/showt...ght=quick+food
Old April 19th, 2009, 05:52 PM   #122
losinground
Forum Member

Should have known..you guys have covered it all. In my defense though, never thought of looking up food hear.
Old April 19th, 2009, 05:54 PM   #123
bigguy
Forum Member

no biggy. just didnt want to rewrite some of them.
Old April 19th, 2009, 06:09 PM   #124
losinground
Forum Member

But I'm talking about easy crap...like cream of chicken soup and toss in a potpie.
Old April 19th, 2009, 06:18 PM   #125
losinground
Forum Member

Wow. Just made that...pretty damn good actually.

Tags
food, meal, meals, popular thread, recipes, snacks