Latest Threads
- by yimbo
- by JiI

Old September 4th, 2009, 12:49 PM   #51
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: The "Today f*cking sucks club" thread

I got him to answer a txt, he didn't crash.
You boys like to make me worry with these short drop in and leave posts don't ya?
ah, he's posting~
Originally Posted by fishguts
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2009, 12:51 PM   #52
Turbo Punk
Forum Member

It over heated, got loud as I was pulling over it went bang and shut down. I coasted into a driveway and has AAA tow me home. There's oil on the #3 pushrods and that's as far as I looked.

I had to have the guy dump the car off in the driveway so I could leave to go pick my daughter up from school.

Sorry for the lack of info before, I posted it from my phone while I was waiting for the tow truck.

Oh, I did check the oil level and it's fine but the oil pressure was fluctuating something fierce. Any where from 5 lbs to 45 lbs. depending if I was giving it gas or not. I was trying to pull over when it let go.

Last edited by Turbo Punk; September 4th, 2009 at 12:54 PM.
Turbo Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2009, 04:20 PM   #53
HeidelbergJohn4.0
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Punk View Post
The turbo bug is dead. Forget the cock punch, just Fucking shoot me in the head.
Dude, that just fuckin sucks!
Old September 4th, 2009, 04:57 PM   #54
alabama madman
Forum Member

I'll add one, not today this has been ongoing for the past few months, me and my partner own a mechanics shop and towing business, for the past 6 years I've been stuffing cash back in one of the business accounts (to buy a new rollback with) went 2 months ago to with draw it and the moneys not there. my partner decided to invest that money in stocks without my knowledge, after I found out and had a fit, he told me that it was a sure thing and we would make a killin, well the stock was coloinal bank group, and our killin dried up last month when colonial back was closed by the FDIC. the strain its put on the partnership is to great and I'm selling my half out, I need a partner that I can trust, even though he thought he was doing it for the good of the business he went behind my back to do it. 162,000 dollar down the drain, so not only is it today sucks, to me its this year that sucks!

We do what we do because of who we are, if we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves!
alabama madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2009, 06:25 PM   #55
crack monkey
Capt A's super package

dude i work in banking and as soon as i saw 'stocks' and 'colonial bank' i said oh no. man that really blows. i am really sorry to hear about that one. yeah not telling you anything about it was the wrong move.
So don't tell me that I wouldn't drive to VT to pick up a rusted piece of shit.~scott76
Quote:
If a dictionary could take a shit...
it would look like that sentence.~steve
Random stuff I am looking for: Dont think there is anything at the moment
www.solar4soldiers.org (I am starting a non-profit to put solar panels on to disabled veterans homes. PM me for more details)
crack monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2009, 07:54 AM   #56
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

yesterday i got attacked by a buncha yellow jackets, really wasnt that bad, i had just forgot what its like to be stung by a bee

i only got stung about 6 - 8 times but i was covered with bees

i was weed wippin , and one of the flower bed's timbers had fallen, i bent over to move it back, thought i burnt my back with the weed wip motor, then i realized i had bees all around me, i walked away stripping all my clothes off cause they were stuck to them, they were stuck in my hair

after i stopped and thought about it i should have let them keep stinging me, maybe cure my arthritis, just a few weeks ago i head on the news about some old woman, in her late 70's or 80's, got attacked by her bees she kept to polinate her apple trees (maybe they were cheery trees, some kinda fruit trees) any how she had over 500 stings, and afterward it cured her arthritis, she has no pain at all since then

i should'a let em sting me a few more times

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2009, 09:06 AM   #57
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

minor shit compared to most everyone elses post~ but it still ticks me off~

Got a note, striper from macon, gonna be over here, meet up. Took the bay, ok, fine and dandy, but he has tells his friends , should see the dragon, ' I can go swap it and bring it out?' sure! k. get home, and the front latch is screwed up. ' oh, I forgot to fix that, the wind will keep it down though'~ no, I don't drive like that.I had hoods pop up on me, no freaking fun when yuo suddenly can't see. So I won't be going back, and kid is whining 'I'm bored",ricer cars and mini trucks what every other kid would like to go look at. ,,,,, my first chance out to hang out with another striper,,
and every one wonders why I never go anywhere? cuz shit is always broke or the kid makes it miserable to go out. So today sucks for me.
Now I'm doing weekend chores, house work .

20mins later~ and I've been trying to close it ,it's screwed up royal now~ I hate these damn latches. I'm ready to BFH it. Instead, I'm going to the store for some smokes. just walking away~
Originally Posted by fishguts
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2009, 03:32 PM   #58
Stray Catalyst
Forum Member

My car started making expensive noises on the way home from work - it appears I've blown the motor. My brother's showing up in an hour or so with a compression tester, so I'll find out for sure.

Stray
Stray Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2009, 04:40 PM   #59
bugdust
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

OK, technically not today although today sucks too! I took my two youngest boys (almost 2 and 9) to the playground Sunday. I climbed and ran and slid and see-saw'ed and spun them and myself on the merry-go-round. I got out of the truck back at home and got what felt like a cramp in the top of my foot. A few hours later it had got worse. I got up Monday and it hurt like hell. It eased up some during the day but by the time I got home from work I could barely walk. Same deal again yesterday except worse. today was a little better but now my foot is very swollen and hurts. It seems that I have fubbed a tendon.

Getting old sucks!

Quote:
No pics, but oh well, if you really, really need to see metal removed, turn off your computer and work on your car... ~ Ray-Dean
bugdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2009, 02:33 AM   #60
dt113
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugdust View Post

Getting old sucks!
I'll sure agree with that!
dt113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2009, 08:55 AM   #61
HeidelbergJohn4.0
Forum Member

Being sick SUCKS!!!! I feel like my damn head is going to explode and nothing I've taken seems to help. My kids keep telling me I have the "sweeen" flu.
Old September 17th, 2009, 09:05 AM   #62
hotrodheb

Well this was more yesterday afternoon than today, but it is affecting today as well...

Was doing a job for our solar testing lab which should have been real easy. It involved taking down 160 sq. ft. of plywood off of a solar tracker and replacing it with precut sections of sheetmetal. Well I got all the plywood off the tracker and then asked for some clarification on what to do with one of the support rails. At the end of the conversation, I had discovered that when they said take off the plywood and install the sheetmetal, what they really meant was... take off the plywood, restructure all of the support rails, order about $500 worth of parts, design and build an additional aluminum strut structure on top of the existing. Oh and make it all moveable to accomodate different sizes of solar panels. And by the way, we had been discussing this project for over a week or two!

Not to mention giving me another rush project as well.

"READ more... post LESS." - Steve

"Girls who weld kick ass!" - Notched

"Grumpy, the new master of Anti-Donk." - TurboPunk

hotrodheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2009, 01:42 PM   #63
ClassicGMJunkie
Forum Member

United fucking bank decided to stiff me $34 NSF fee on TWO FUCKING CENTS!!!!!

and you wonder why we all hate the banking system; its a fucking scam!!!

[/rant]

on a good note - enjoying a pb&j with a Stone brewery Smoked Porter . Yumm...

62 Impala buildup...kustom/6shooter lowrod

62 Impala 2dr HT build

70 Corvair-motorvated drop top Beetle Projekt
70 Cabrio build

Intro thread

http://www.volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25084
ClassicGMJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2009, 02:04 PM   #64
ratlook63
Forum Member

yup.... I always go in and bitch till I get the cash back or reduced. Such a scam.... Mines always cause someplace I ate at decided to wait 2 weeks to collect on my card....

If you make it to beer 6 without cutting anything you need to be doing something else." - MrChainsaw

Wanted:
Split tail lights. Repop ok!
Split dash pods or measurements to make my own. Repop ok!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Band
http://www.myspace.com/safetynautguaranteed
ratlook63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2009, 05:14 PM   #65
HeidelbergJohn4.0
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicGMJunkie View Post
United fucking bank decided to stiff me $34 NSF fee on TWO FUCKING CENTS!!!!!

and you wonder why we all hate the banking system; its a fucking scam!!!

[/rant]

on a good note - enjoying a pb&j with a Stone brewery Smoked Porter . Yumm...
Two words- overdraft protection!!

That said, go in and bitch at them when they do that. A lot of time it's done by them intentionally. It's called Ordering checks. They have to tell you they do it, but all banks have done it since the federal government made it legal. They always deduct the highest dollar amount first because it increases the likelihood it will CAUSE you to overdraft more. They like to tell you it's to make sure they pay the most important bills first, but it's to make sure THEY collect the largest amounts first and you are more likely to overdraft. Say your mortgage is the last check you write that month of 20 other transactions. They intentionally hold charges up to 5 days before posting them. instead of that last charge overdrafting you, they post it first, then take all the small ones, at $35 a pop which further compounds your nsf.

I proved that M&T bank caused my overdrafts several times before I finally droopped them. They had started ordering checks before they informed customers it was to start. I also cought them hard posting debits, then pulling them back and re-ordering the debits. I got smart and was keeping screen prints of my online accounts. They refused to correct it until I threatened to sue them in federal court for wire fraud and had dated proof laying on their desk.
Old September 18th, 2009, 07:56 AM   #66
ClassicGMJunkie
Forum Member

got the fee taken off by another branch calling that mgr so I didnt have to deal with them!

so there's fundage to go into new bearings and gaskets for the 1500 sp build .....

62 Impala buildup...kustom/6shooter lowrod

62 Impala 2dr HT build

70 Corvair-motorvated drop top Beetle Projekt
70 Cabrio build

Intro thread

http://www.volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25084
ClassicGMJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2009, 08:23 AM   #67
cdscowboy
Forum Member

Not really all THAT bad, but I was planning on having the bug going by the 4th of July. It's now the middle of September. Fucking family and other crap always gets in the way of me accomplishing anything! If I had a house or rented a place w/a garage, I could work on some stuff at home, but I don't make enough money to afford that, so I have to work at the shop. I think I'm starting to get kinda burned out on cars. I need a car coffee or something.

Good thing it's Friday.

Build

www.99westcustoms.com
cdscowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2009, 10:41 AM   #68
Vegas volks
Forum Member

I met the so called expert Dr that will be testifying at the trial for my lawsuit, and he tells me that I'm disabled due to chronic pain even after my back surgery. If that's the case why did I go thru the operation, that cost north of 250k$ to get better, when I'm still in pain and have major restrictions for the rest of my life. I'm only 47, I know I'm old to some of you whippersnappers but not that old. I really hate cockpunches.:y elling::yellin g::ye lling::yelling :
Vegas volks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2009, 12:54 PM   #69
skaterwithasquare
Forum Member

I bought an 87 Nissan Sentra. Two hours after getting it home my best friend broke the starter solenoid. Tried to loosen it and the entire housing just broke. It's kind of okay because I can't get the registration done until monday so I shouldn't drive it anyway. It's kind of not okay because it's a hundred dollar part that didn't need to be touched in the first place. And because I had only owned the car TWO HOURS! And it's a hundred dollar part for a four hundred dollar car!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"
skaterwithasquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2009, 01:31 PM   #70
Charlie Mosh
Forum Member

<Rant>

I've been driving my bike for the last 8 months, due to the fact that my car decided to lose compression from the first piston(#1) making it impossible tu start, it could idle for a few seconds, but then die, I took my ass from chair and began to get some money to fix it, took me three weekends selling Hot Dogs near to a bar to get the money, by the end of the first month I got the parts needed an extra cash for emergencies, then made a deal with one of my bests friend, a fellow VW lover, the
deal was that we manage to finish his engine completely(full engine build), this lazy bum took 4 months to get his parts, so I told him if we can get my engine first, knowing that my problem was a half of the work that we could do in his engine, he just say ok, but never took a chance to help me out, I almost leave school to get my car on the road again, and thanks to this pendejo, My grades are all failed because of my absences... I wasnt that mad, but the drop that spilled the glass was that I took my dads birthday and other three days helping the shite out with his engine so he can finally drive his car, last nite he called for some reason and I asked when we could start with mine, he just said he's not willing to help me the next two months...

I hate the fact that I cant say no...

</Rant>

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
she's cute ... but she's still blond
Quote:
Originally Posted by max16v View Post
Ran like a raped ape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by notched View Post
Pinstriping by the World-Famous Pepe Pistolas!!
"as i sit here broken hearted, tried to shit but only farted." R. Peek

Going Fenderless!
()o\_!_/o()
Charlie Mosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2009, 01:32 PM   #71
Charlie Mosh
Forum Member

I know my English sucks, but needed to get rid of this somewhere ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
she's cute ... but she's still blond
Quote:
Originally Posted by max16v View Post
Ran like a raped ape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by notched View Post
Pinstriping by the World-Famous Pepe Pistolas!!
"as i sit here broken hearted, tried to shit but only farted." R. Peek

Going Fenderless!
()o\_!_/o()
Charlie Mosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2009, 05:23 PM   #72
dt113
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Mosh View Post
<Rant>

I've been driving my bike for the last 8 months, due to the fact that my car decided to lose compression from the first piston(#1) making it impossible tu start, it could idle for a few seconds, but then die, I took my ass from chair and began to get some money to fix it, took me three weekends selling Hot Dogs near to a bar to get the money, by the end of the first month I got the parts needed an extra cash for emergencies, then made a deal with one of my bests friend, a fellow VW lover, the
deal was that we manage to finish his engine completely(full engine build), this lazy bum took 4 months to get his parts, so I told him if we can get my engine first, knowing that my problem was a half of the work that we could do in his engine, he just say ok, but never took a chance to help me out, I almost leave school to get my car on the road again, and thanks to this pendejo, My grades are all failed because of my absences... I wasnt that mad, but the drop that spilled the glass was that I took my dads birthday and other three days helping the shite out with his engine so he can finally drive his car, last nite he called for some reason and I asked when we could start with mine, he just said he's not willing to help me the next two months...

I hate the fact that I cant say no...
</Rant>
I hate to be the one to tell you this, but he is NOT your friend! Be sure to remember this, next time he needs help.

I'd stay away from him, and cut your losses!

My 2 cents
dt113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2009, 07:04 PM   #73
66 Shorty
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Man that sucks! He's not a good friend! I have had problems with "friends" like that... Needless to say, I'm not friends with them anymore...

Jack of all trades, Master of collecting projects.
(yeah the unfinished kind... )
"Bunny's Bug" Build thread
"The 66 Shorty" Build thread

Looking for "Buggy parts" for my Spatz Buggy (Budget build)...
66 Shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2009, 08:07 PM   #74
Mikelrome
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
pendejo

My dad always called me that. Also Please stay out of Amarillo I sell the Hotdogs here!

Mikelrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2009, 07:17 AM   #75
badboyzkustumz
Forum Member

so i moved down to LA with my big ass truck only to realize that my woman was right...the truck had to go. wont fit in the parking garages anywhere, doesnt make it thru most drive thrus, doesnt like tight traffic, cant get anywhere with it. so i finally found a guy to buy it...for way less than what i was asking. but i need something else. just makes me mad i gotta sell a truck i really like because its too big. this makes 3. maybe i should find a new hobby.
badboyzkustumz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad day, today sucks