Newest Member: Loud71super

Latest Threads
- by Chip

Old September 8th, 2011, 05:02 PM   #1551
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: The "Today f*cking sucks club" thread

Today was ok, then got great , then tiring, then it turned into a WTF kinda day. Some times I wonder why I even bother getting up in the morning...................
Originally Posted by fishguts
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 05:13 PM   #1552
RichG
Forum Member

Well, I thought I had the Bronco fixed... until she dumped me on the side of the road again. One hundred degree heat doesn't do so great with me anymore, not to mention my stupid truck breaking down. I'm really bummed, but I think I'm going to put it up for sale and get something else.
Old September 9th, 2011, 02:50 PM   #1553
ratlook63
Forum Member

Got a nice text at about 10AM from my roomate asking me why there was no water. Long story short, the utilities are all getting switched to my name. Water company was sposed to come out and do a meter reading and then transfer the account to me. Instead they shut off water to the house. Lady tells me its gonna cost me $30 to get it turned back on and they might be out by Monday.... FUCK THEM!

If you make it to beer 6 without cutting anything you need to be doing something else." - MrChainsaw

Wanted:
Split tail lights. Repop ok!
Split dash pods or measurements to make my own. Repop ok!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Band
http://www.myspace.com/safetynautguaranteed
ratlook63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2011, 03:55 PM   #1554
Double D
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratlook63 View Post
Got a nice text at about 10AM from my roomate asking me why there was no water. Long story short, the utilities are all getting switched to my name. Water company was sposed to come out and do a meter reading and then transfer the account to me. Instead they shut off water to the house. Lady tells me its gonna cost me $30 to get it turned back on and they might be out by Monday.... FUCK THEM!

Isn't it FUCKED the way they get extra money from you??
utilities

If it has tits or wheels you're gonna have problems....
Double D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2011, 04:21 PM   #1555
Scavenger
Forum Member

So how about yesterday I go to get on my bus that take me to my town, but the bike rack is full and the prick driver won't let me put it inside the bus considering his is the last one of the day. Fine I hop on another to go another 30 mins out of my way to get on another bus for an hour. I get home with no time to work on the car. Eat dinner, no sex, go to bed and listen to my girl bitch about how I'm giving more attention to the car than her. Sorry I have a fucking deadline to get it on the road so I can have something to drive when I get my license back. Honestly I don't care if I finish it by oct. 4th, she's just been a real bitch lately so I'm giving myself space from that bullshit. Wake up this morning and my wallet is no where to be found.....I left it on the fucking bus!

Shame is so overrated...

Remember, Bugs....Not Drugs!
Scavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2011, 07:09 PM   #1556
GlowstickNinja
Forum Member

Driving to work this morning in my Mazda protege5.......voltage begins to drop, Oil temp increases, almost over heat. Pull off to side of road.....f'ing water pump is seized, broke the belt that goes to alternator, wife is out of town, rents are at work, in laws unreachable.....cell phone dies.....walk five miles to buy a water pump and new belt, antifreeze, and a red bull....proceed to fix on side of freeway. Got it working......3 hours late to work......piece of sh*t car!
Old September 14th, 2011, 11:59 PM   #1557
tequilla
Forum Member

Dude I give you for the Maguiver fix on that...... Been there done that but no 5 mile walk............. to you

My day sucked but not that bad...... guess I'll post it in the drunk thread

'67 Baja

'63 T-Bird

Devils Plaything

Share your cheese....... here kitty, kitty.......
tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2011, 11:06 AM   #1558
Scavenger
Forum Member

So if things weren't bad enough that my dumbass left my wallet on the bus. Yesterday i went to school, spent 5 hours in my autobody class and when I walk over to unlock my bike it's nowhere to be found. Turns out someone cut my lock and took off with my only means of transportation until the bug is ready and I get my license back. Seriously WTF!!! How did no one see a person with bolt cutters cutting my lock? So now its back to walking...after losing an $800 investment that i built up part by part...im off to have some more beer and work on the lil monster

Shame is so overrated...

Remember, Bugs....Not Drugs!
Scavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2011, 12:30 PM   #1559
crack monkey
Capt A's super package

if it will make you feel any better i can kick you in the face
So don't tell me that I wouldn't drive to VT to pick up a rusted piece of shit.~scott76
Quote:
If a dictionary could take a shit...
it would look like that sentence.~steve
Random stuff I am looking for: Dont think there is anything at the moment
www.solar4soldiers.org (I am starting a non-profit to put solar panels on to disabled veterans homes. PM me for more details)
crack monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2011, 02:16 AM   #1560
Ace of Shades
Site Supporter

So around 2:30 the dog wakes me up, acting all funny and in my daze I still realize "dog HAS to shit NOW" if not already has, so OUT the door she does. She bolts off to the poopen spot and I go back to looking to see if I let her out in time. 5 minutes go by, no dog at the back door. 10 minutes, I'm outside with the light trying to find out where this dog is. I thought she might just be hid out thinking I was mad, I was more pissed when I did find her because now I can smell her from half the property away. My weekend has went from finishing out hunting season and relaxing to trying to get the skunk smell of the dog, where the dog is, was and even thinks about going
I found it in a shop in Raton New Mexico. I bought it for a quarter. Cracked me up it was called a Gay Camper. It must be old as hell. They would pull that shit off the shelf now days. Because some Homo would get offended.
If you don't chew big red then FUCK YOU
Ace of Shades is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2011, 09:16 PM   #1561
V8Transporter
Forum Member

Default Cell phone scam, or simply incompetent?

Monday my fairly new cell phone popped out of its case while I was riding my motorcycle on a local back road. A guy later called to say that he had found it and he would drop it at the shop. He also told us that the screen was shot.

So, yesterday the guy who found my cell phone drops it off at the shop. The screen is shot but it sort of still works. But, hey, after AT&T screwed me on my last warranty claim of a POS Nokia phone, this time the salesman promised that if anything went wrong of even if I lost it, there would be no charge,, because I was buying a 'deluxe' warranty. I know, I believed him, I’m an idiot.

I arrived at the official AT&T store where I bought the phone last July, and hey, the salesman I bought the damn thing from no longer works there. It gets better. AT&T does not actually warranty their phones. They outsource the warranty, and I have to call 'them' from the store. I mention to this ‘salesperson’ allegedly helping me that last time I had to deal with their service (the phone kept shutting off during calls), the claim was denied because, over the line they determined by my description of the problem, that the phone had “been under water.” At the time the salesperson assured me that he could see that the phone had not been under water, and that he would take care of it. To make a long story short. I ended up with my old phone back and the new one sits in a kitchen drawer.

Meanwhile, today, after ten minutes on their phone I get to the point where the person on the other end of the line tells me that they will ship a new phone to my residence and a “$50.00 non-refundable charge will be applied to my account.” I tell her that the salesman (the one no longer working here) has told me that the extra charge that I have been paying will cover anything, at no charge to me.” She replies that the guy was wrong and the charge stands. I ask her to cancel my warranty and won’t be needing the new phone.

Today’s salesman, who I can now see is more of a “greeter,” than someone who will actually do something, sees me away from the phone and asks if everything has been “taken care of.” I carefully explain the situation and that their warranty is a joke. I’ve arrived on my Triumph, have my leather jacket back on and am now, angry. The guy becomes nervous and shakes a little. I finish swapping the SIM card back into a six year old phone I brought along ‘just in case’ and he hustles over to an open register. With my receipt in hand, he removes the extra warranty charges from my previous bills and assures me that a refund will be on the next bill. When he’s through, I take my receipt back and turn to leave. He tells me the "have a nice day." I turn back and inform him that, “Either the person on the phone, or the other salesman, was lying." That "I carried a rifle and radio in Vietnam and if my equipment had worked this poorly, I and a bunch of my buddies would be dead.” My statement is accurate, but mostly, I say this because it gets their attention and if I say, “fuck you and your chicken-shit company and your fucking warranty,” well, they might take it wrong.

The woman who has been complaining to the salesmonkey next to this guy about a feature she didn’t want and is being billed for, pauses to look at me. I smile and say, “good luck with that.”

I can see that AT&T sets this up so that they can sell their service, they aren’t responsible for their warranty claims, and their so-called salespeople can’t do anything either. So, I paid for a phone that I can’t use and am stuck with a two year agreement to use AT&T.

Tonight I was cruising the internet and will just find a newer phone that my SIM card will fit. Hmm, now that I think of it, there’s a electronic convention coming soon. Amybe I’ll find something there. My old phone is actually parts of two phones I've cobbed together and seems to be working okay. We’ll see.
V8Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2011, 11:32 PM   #1562
67vwnv
Forum Member

well guess what happened today
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ghia.JPG (25.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0901.jpg (62.7 KB, 8 views)
67vwnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2011, 01:27 AM   #1563
norville
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67vwnv View Post
well guess what happened today

ouch, why would you want to do that?

bob
norville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2011, 07:21 AM   #1564
drscope
Forum Member

Default Re: Cell phone scam, or simply incompetent?

If you think thats bad, go back into the store and try to get out of your 2 year service contract!

Then you'll have a real story to tell.

Unfortunately when it comes to the cell phone service companies, they are all just as bad.

We recently went through similar situation with the wife's Sprint phone. She has had their service for 8 years. The same phone for 5. The phone recently got dropped one too many times.

No problm we thought, just go into the store and get the phone replaced.

The ONLY way they would replace it was to have her sign another 2 year contract.
drscope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2011, 07:31 AM   #1565
alykat
Site Supporter

I learned way back in the early dyas of cell phones to NEVER sign a contract that ties you to a time frame. If their little "Can you hear me now?" dick had been traveling with me, the answer about 95% of the time would have been NO. When I contacted them to complain they said nothing could be done and I was stuck with the contract. Five minutes after my lawyer spoke to them it was a whole different story and the contract was canceled. Since then I have always demanded , and gotten, a time limit free deal.
Old October 20th, 2011, 07:37 AM   #1566
alykat
Site Supporter

The real question here is, did you do it or did someone do it to you ? Don't think I ever had a Ghia that had not had a least a little bend in the nose.
Old October 20th, 2011, 08:25 AM   #1567
67vwnv
Forum Member

well if you can tell it was previously had bondo but not anymore and it was my fault. i wrecked and was punching my steering well the lady i hit had a Pontiac grand Prix was scared of me i told her i wasn't mad at her i just fucked up my baby's face. Well if anyone has a parts ghia let me know i need a few pieces and would like an IRS pan.
Old October 20th, 2011, 09:35 AM   #1568
RichG
Forum Member

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Straight-T...Phone/14099180

I bought this phone for my wife, it came with a $45 card that paid for the first months service. She gets unlimited phone, text, and internet for $45 a month... and if I don't have the money one month, the phone number will stay with her phone for 45 days. She also got the unit when they were still working off of Qwest network towers, so she can get service just about anywhere in the country.

Fuck those thievin' bastards and their 2 year contracts, fly solo and flip 'em the bird!
Old October 20th, 2011, 11:26 AM   #1569
V8Transporter
Forum Member

Oh man, I'm sorry to see that. That truly sucks.
Old October 20th, 2011, 12:41 PM   #1570
V8Transporter
Forum Member

Well, as a buddy used to say, "Zounds, screwed again." Actually the reception out here is okay, except tha some times someone will call my cell, leave a message and then I don't get it for, oh say, a week. I've lost a couple of prospective jobs due to this and no longer have my cell number on my business card.
Old October 20th, 2011, 07:53 PM   #1571
JiI
Forum Member

Location: Mokena, IL Yep, that's me falling down a sand dune in Michigan...
Member Photo Albums

24 days to go student teaching. Had the first fight in the classroom. Didn't need that. The classes didn't roll smoothly today.
Then my wife and I went out to a seminar and I hit a raccoon on the way home. That really messed me up.I love animals and I can't imagine ever hurting one.
Only one good thing today. It's posted in the other "rules" thread.
Jeff
JiI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2011, 08:00 PM   #1572
dt113
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichG View Post
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Straight-T...Phone/14099180

I bought this phone for my wife, it came with a $45 card that paid for the first months service. She gets unlimited phone, text, and internet for $45 a month... and if I don't have the money one month, the phone number will stay with her phone for 45 days. She also got the unit when they were still working off of Qwest network towers, so she can get service just about anywhere in the country.

Fuck those thievin' bastards and their 2 year contracts, fly solo and flip 'em the bird!

AT&T got me about 12 yrs ago, but NEVER again!!

I started using Tracfone, and never a problem! My old phone makes and receives calls, but nothing else. I do NOT want to text, or take pics.
If it rings to often I hit ignore.
Call me --- quickly say what you want, and then get off my phone!!!! This works perfect for me!

Some say I am an ass hole, but I never figured out why?
dt113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2011, 05:16 AM   #1573
metalmaster1766
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Cell Phones,

How'd we survive without them???

Oh yeah I remember, we either called from the house, used a pay phone (which have become almost extinct, and called collect if we didn't have a dime, oh wait they went up to a quarter in the 80's, and the 2 pay phones that are still left near my house are now $0.50) OR we walked and knocked on doors.

And that just makes TODAY F'n Suck !!

Can ya'll tell I just wanted something to bitch about <-- makes me laugh cause it looks like a BIG ear (I think we need a right handed Thumbs Up so I can put ears on both sides of my Smiley Faces)

OK I'll let ya's get back to your Sucky day

Wait it's Friday, So have a Stink'n Farting Friday

Ron
Hell I even sent money in to help myself unknowingly
Ron
What a fantastic family I have found here at Volksrod.com
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2011, 08:44 AM   #1574
67vwnv
Forum Member

took one hour yesterday looks ok
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0904.jpg (79.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0905.jpg (67.5 KB, 8 views)
Old October 21st, 2011, 09:52 AM   #1575
tequilla
Forum Member

What's the steering wheel look like after you were beating on it

'67 Baja

'63 T-Bird

Devils Plaything

Share your cheese....... here kitty, kitty.......
tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad day, today sucks