- by FatDad
- by Bugula
- by DrHax

Old June 27th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #1776
d3ghia
Rabble Rouser

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: The "Today f*cking sucks club" thread

Yay budget cuts. Just found out today that I get the privilege of doing the same job I do every day for ALOT less money. But the good news (according to them) is that I am still employed. So now I am going to have to do alot of creative budgeting to make everything work. So now I basically am half salary. But thanks for all your hard work and dedication, we wouldn't be able to do all that we do if you weren't part of the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkl Ian View Post
Don't be Fucking stupid.

The bolt is Fucked, it won't fix it's self,
the Bolt Fairy won't fix it, and you can't fix it.

I know there is a Full Moon, but quit Fucking around.
d3ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 05:11 PM   #1777
SCOTTRODS
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3ghia View Post
Yay budget cuts. Just found out today that I get the privilege of doing the same job I do every day for ALOT less money. But the good news (according to them) is that I am still employed. So now I am going to have to do alot of creative budgeting to make everything work. So now I basically am half salary. But thanks for all your hard work and dedication, we wouldn't be able to do all that we do if you weren't part of the team.
That's so you can't collect unemployment..... They offered to keep you, so now if you quit, you're on your own..... Companies suck sometimes. Thoughtfully underpaid.... that's what they intend. if you leave and find something else, they'll miss you for a very short time, until they find some other poor sot that is out of unemployment benefits...

Personally, I'd mow yards in the Hot Texas Sun before I'd stay there.... unless half is still more than the average guy makes,.... then I'd have to think on it a while... then quit anyway.
SCOTTRODS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #1778
TequilaSunset
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3ghia View Post
4 years ago I was laid off and lost it all, home, toys, dignity... lived in a tiny trailer in a friends driveway for almost a year. Fast forward, I am a home owner again, and today's news is not as bad as yours (yet) but unnerving just the same, job is borderline right now and may go away (this after all the cuts). It's been bad for awhile and I pushed on with my new 67 Sins project anyway and will continue to do so... I don't necessarily deal with pending bad news appropriately

This stuff is beyond yours and my control... all we have left is our tude and that can make or break ya.

Maybe, just maybe, this is a precursor to better things... hang tough!
Old June 27th, 2012, 07:44 PM   #1779
dt113
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

My old boss used to say::::

Look at the bright side today --- it could get a lot worse tomorrow!
dt113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #1780
d3ghia
Rabble Rouser

Member Photo Albums

True Dat Dt!! It definitely could! On a bright note, or a bad note (I think a bright note) I bought an oval window before my budget got cut. So now I am poor, but I have a new to me 1956 that is project number 14 in my looong list of things to do. We WILL finish my son's ghia this summer before school starts again in August, then it is time to knock a few things out so I can start my ghia project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkl Ian View Post
Don't be Fucking stupid.

The bolt is Fucked, it won't fix it's self,
the Bolt Fairy won't fix it, and you can't fix it.

I know there is a Full Moon, but quit Fucking around.
d3ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2012, 03:51 AM   #1781
metalmaster1766
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt113 View Post
My old boss used to say::::

Look at the bright side today --- it could get a lot worse tomorrow!
OR tomorrow could be GREAT, 14 years ago my wife started working full time, I made good money, with her working we made $105,000 that year

Following January I got sick, had to quit work October 2000 from renal failure, my mom gave me a kidney Jan 2nd 01, had a pancreas transplant 4/06 cured of diabetes, had a failed pancreas 7/04, living diabetes free now doing what I like to do (make everything myself) as of Jan 2012 after 11 years I get a monthly check, pays $20,000 a year, have 11 years left to pay off the house, we'll be debt free, & I'm HAPPY

I'm gonna live till I'm 110 (or close) & keep on doing what I like to do until "they" won't let me

Live Happy, don't make excuses if tomorrow does turn out worse, just keep on keepin on

Ron
Hell, I sent money in to help myself unknowingly
VolksRods.com is a fantastic family, love ya's all
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #1782
jdinvt
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Went out to work on the vr today, thought I ALMOST had it back to the C pillar but after twisting and trying to bend things that were tack welded in place the WHOLE FUCKING ROOF collapsed because the welds broke, back to the fucking drawing board I guess.
jdinvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 05:07 PM   #1783
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

This really isn't that bad I suppose, but nowhere else to post it..

Bought some more needed fittings for my AN fuel line portion of the project..

get em home, start putting the first 1/8NPT/-6AN fitting into the fuel pump.. I've never worked with this shit before, and I'm an idiot.. so I figured, by eyeball measurements, the thread depth seemed to match the hole depth, therefore, it should fully seat right? Start tightening it down... SNAP! sheared the damn fitting in my brand new fuel pump.. luckily it's only the cheap facet pump style, so if I can't get the threads out I didn't lose a TON of money, but it still sucks... :/

oh well, off to the legion for beer and pool :P

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========
Feel free to stare and admire,
but kindly tell me if it's on fire!

1972 VolksRod "Effigy" Build Thread
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T "Folsom Blue"
1986 Honda Shadow VT1100 Work Thread
tattooed_pariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 07:02 PM   #1784
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Matt, can you get a big easy out to take it out with?

While I'm here, something stupid from my secluded world. Was told tonight another piece of striping I did last year at a bike get together is gone. the barb wire on a trike.
BUT, she had it removed.
Honestly I didn't like it after I did it, got the feeling she didn't either and was too nice to tell me to wipe it off and she did pay me. She kept what I did on her helmet though. I hope I don't run into her at the same bike met next weekend.
Robert's custom bike and his vulcan , if I get it finished this week, are the only things I have on wheels now to show. I'm already freaked out about being in public, now I hear this.
The pebble in my gut just turned into a rock..........
Originally Posted by fishguts
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #1785
V8Transporter
Forum Member

Hey Ms. PM. I spent a fair portion of my life and a sign painter and graphic artist. You can't please everyone (as you know, art is pretty subjective), so suck it up and don't let it get to you. Best thing you can do is say "hi" to the customer and really see what's what. Huh, where's the little striping artist icon thingy?
V8Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 08:54 PM   #1786
JiI
Forum Member

Location: Mokena, IL Yep, that's me falling down a sand dune in Michigan...
Member Photo Albums

We graphic artists do have fun with art but it can be a PITA sometimes. I know V8 is seriously nodding right now. Had some great clients, some gave me full reign, others had me follow a set plan but gave me license to tweak while others pissed and groaned if their inner child wasn't being tended to if I didn't uses PANTONE 322CVC in the proper setting of the mood.
I miss doing it, just not for the people I worked for. Love teaching it though! I start a new term Monday.
PM, just do what you do, be proud of it and let othres do whatever.
Jeff
JiI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 08:06 AM   #1787
TJM
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmaster1766 View Post
OR tomorrow could be GREAT, 14 years ago my wife started working full time, I made good money, with her working we made $105,000 that year

Following January I got sick, had to quit work October 2000 from renal failure, my mom gave me a kidney Jan 2nd 01, had a pancreas transplant 4/06 cured of diabetes, had a failed pancreas 7/04, living diabetes free now doing what I like to do (make everything myself) as of Jan 2012 after 11 years I get a monthly check, pays $20,000 a year, have 11 years left to pay off the house, we'll be debt free, & I'm HAPPY

I'm gonna live till I'm 110 (or close) & keep on doing what I like to do until "they" won't let me

Live Happy, don't make excuses if tomorrow does turn out worse, just keep on keepin on

Ron
Hey Metalmaster. Good for you and I wish you the best.You, without a doubt, have one of the most positive attitudes I have seen in a long,long time.Many,many,many years ago (1968) when I was overseas in the military, I vowed that if and when I get home, I would have a new outlook on life. And you know what, I have pretty well lived up to that promise. Oh sure, there have been some roadblocks along the way, but nothing worth getting all riled up over. My wonderful wife, of 46 years, and I have raised two great sons, we are 100% debt free and enjoy enjoying life. I treat each day as though it is my last and figure that everyday I wake up, sucking air on my own, is a great day.

Last edited by TJM; July 8th, 2012 at 08:09 AM.
TJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2012, 09:41 AM   #1788
cdscowboy
Forum Member

Well I'll throw my hat in.

Fuck money. Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

We moved up to Portland from Corvallis for my wife's contract job at Nike (not as spectacular as you may have heard) that paid REALLY well. Like, twice what we made combined when living in Corvallis. We had the wedding to pay for, which was really the only major expense last year. Come end of the year, we have nothing to show for this supposed "movin' on up". To make matters worse, they "reevaluated" her position, and she ended up getting a paycut of about 45%. Talk about a blow. And not the good kind.

I finally got a job, thankfully, at SAR. It doesn't pay well, no benes or anything, and asking for a raise would be a joke (last one given to anyone was several years ago). I know learning and working with some of the guys is worth something, but still feel hosed.

So after the increase in living up here, renting a house, all the bills (some loans which increased after moving up here), we're still living paycheck to paycheck. We were hoping to go to HI for one of our best friend's wedding in Oct., but that's not looking likely. I just hate feeling like we'll never get ahead. Really demoralizing.

Rant done.

Build

www.99westcustoms.com
cdscowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #1789
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdscowboy View Post
Well I'll throw my hat in.

Fuck money. Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

We moved up to Portland from Corvallis for my wife's contract job at Nike (not as spectacular as you may have heard) that paid REALLY well. Like, twice what we made combined when living in Corvallis. We had the wedding to pay for, which was really the only major expense last year. Come end of the year, we have nothing to show for this supposed "movin' on up". To make matters worse, they "reevaluated" her position, and she ended up getting a paycut of about 45%. Talk about a blow. And not the good kind.

I finally got a job, thankfully, at SAR. It doesn't pay well, no benes or anything, and asking for a raise would be a joke (last one given to anyone was several years ago). I know learning and working with some of the guys is worth something, but still feel hosed.

So after the increase in living up here, renting a house, all the bills (some loans which increased after moving up here), we're still living paycheck to paycheck. We were hoping to go to HI for one of our best friend's wedding in Oct., but that's not looking likely. I just hate feeling like we'll never get ahead. Really demoralizing.

Rant done.

I know the feeling buddy, but keep your head up.. paycheck to paycheck is better than deciding which bill to pay this month and which one to go late on until next month..

I left Iraq in 2010 with NO credit card debt and about 12k in the bank.. after living with my ex for 8 months, I had 8k credit card debt and nothing in the bank.. now i've got a couple hundred in savings and still 8k credit card debt but I'm making progress, it's never fast or easy, but you can get through it :)

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========
Feel free to stare and admire,
but kindly tell me if it's on fire!

1972 VolksRod "Effigy" Build Thread
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T "Folsom Blue"
1986 Honda Shadow VT1100 Work Thread
tattooed_pariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #1790
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:

Ron
You may live to 110 but we all know your brain shut down about 4 years ago.
Jeff
Old July 15th, 2012, 05:39 AM   #1791
metalmaster1766
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiI View Post
You may live to 110 but we all know your brain shut down about 4 years ago.
Jeff
& here I thought it was just last year

Either I must be working really slow, or to damn fast, but, I can't remember

Ron
Hell, I sent money in to help myself unknowingly
VolksRods.com is a fantastic family, love ya's all
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2012, 06:41 AM   #1792
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
& here I thought it was just last year

Either I must be working really slow, or to damn fast, but, I can't remember

Ron
Old July 17th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #1793
Ace of Shades
Site Supporter

Two part bitching.
We have one of them magnet screen things for my dog because no one wanted to cut a hole in anything for a doggy door. Works about like you think it would, ain't the best but its actually kind of cool. The only down side of it is that it wont keep anything out besides bugs... Enter marmot (woodchuck).. I came around the corner to shut the house up because I was leaving and seen a blur of fur fly into the house. "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!? cus it sure the hell wasn't my dog." luckily most of the inside doors of the house were closed and I got it flushed out easier that I though..

Bitch number 2 -
I have a 3M GVP PARP
It is freaking awesome because as of right now I don't have a dedicated fresh air line. I got a pretty good deal on it but I didn't realize I don't have a charger for the batter. Its finally not working like it should after I painted the last truck. Today I got in the intarw3bs and started the search for a charger and possibly a spare battery.. $120 battery charger and a $450 battery
I found it in a shop in Raton New Mexico. I bought it for a quarter. Cracked me up it was called a Gay Camper. It must be old as hell. They would pull that shit off the shelf now days. Because some Homo would get offended.
If you don't chew big red then FUCK YOU
Ace of Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2012, 07:26 PM   #1794
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Sorry Ace but the marmot thing is funny! I can just imagine you running around, swearing (just a little ) trying to get it out of the house. I thought of the squirrel scene from Christmas Vacation.
Jeff
Old July 17th, 2012, 08:30 PM   #1795
Ace of Shades
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiI View Post
Sorry Ace but the marmot thing is funny! I can just imagine you running around, swearing (just a little ) trying to get it out of the house. I thought of the squirrel scene from Christmas Vacation.
Jeff
I actually didnt swear at all, I usually stopped short of swearing because it would dart from hiding spot to hiding spot "what the ff... where the hell did it go now". I never thought about the squirrel thing but looking back on it it is quite fitting
I found it in a shop in Raton New Mexico. I bought it for a quarter. Cracked me up it was called a Gay Camper. It must be old as hell. They would pull that shit off the shelf now days. Because some Homo would get offended.
Old July 17th, 2012, 08:45 PM   #1796
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

You know the usual, "Pics or it didn't happen." In your case, I think, "Excessive swearing or it didn't happen."
Seriously, it's good you or someone else didn't get bit or scratched up. I don't care what kind of animal it is, if you corner it and it has claws and teeth, it will go honey badger on you!
Jeff
Old July 17th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #1797
Ace of Shades
Site Supporter

At that point in time that is exactly what I was afraid of. That's the laundry room and what's in the picture is about all the room is. I got back around the back side of him and he beet feet. I got a pot shot off at him as he and I both beat feet across the field, but I never even came close. I spent most of the day setting the live traps up and trying to figure out how to catch this bugger.
Old July 18th, 2012, 02:22 AM   #1798
Scott76
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Just a tip. You can catch a groundhog one time in a live trap. BUT you will NEVER catch him twice in a live trap! Those F'ers remember that shit and won't come close to it again. So if you catch him. Just finish he.

Fleetwing Camper

Going to the Basement
Scott76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2012, 05:40 AM   #1799
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of Shades View Post

At that point in time that is exactly what I was afraid of. That's the laundry room and what's in the picture is about all the room is. I got back around the back side of him and he beet feet. I got a pot shot off at him as he and I both beat feet across the field, but I never even came close. I spent most of the day setting the live traps up and trying to figure out how to catch this bugger.
Well, at least you had fun.
Jeff
Old July 18th, 2012, 06:14 PM   #1800
91forever
Forum Member

well here's my story. I found out after 16 yrs in the military i get to be put out with about half my benefits and now I have to go get a job. Uncle Sam uses you and when he's done... He drops you off at the next street corner.
91forever is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad day, today sucks