Latest Threads
- by yimbo
- by JiI

Old June 3rd, 2010, 03:21 PM   #101
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: Today F..king Rules Thread

Last month I put in an application for orders to March Air Reserve base in Riverside, so that my gf would only be moving 2 hours away from home when she moves with me and i'd be on shore for at least 2 years (I thought that would help cement a stable foundation for a good relationship..) and I found out tonight that I was selected for those orders!

It's not in stone finalized, but it's better than "penciled-in"

We're both super stoked!!

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========
Feel free to stare and admire,
but kindly tell me if it's on fire!

1972 VolksRod "Effigy" Build Thread
1986 Honda Shadow VT1100 Work Thread
tattooed_pariah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2010, 03:27 PM   #102
AirheadZim
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

WTG pariah.... isn't it great when a plan comes together.... so that the 2 of you can. hehehehe
Zim'rod (zim'-rod)n.- a handbuilt Volkswagen hotrod or jalopy, sometimes a pick-up, from several different years of the classic German automobile. In particular, 67', 69', 72', and 74' model years. Built from the realm of an insane mind, with a volksrod theme or style. Thank you bugdust.
Daily driver: 91' Cadillac Brougham.

Last edited by AirheadZim; June 3rd, 2010 at 03:28 PM. Reason: missing word
AirheadZim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2010, 04:00 PM   #103
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirheadZim View Post
WTG pariah.... isn't it great when a plan comes together.... so that the 2 of you can. hehehehe
haha, i see what you did there..

yea, we're both thrilled, she said she would move with me wherever I went, but only having to go two hours makes it a lot easier, especially since the navy will pay to move me, but not my girlfriend..

that's the main reason why I want the steady foundation... if I have to move again in 2-3 years.. the navy will pay to move a wife, but not a girlfriend..

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========

Old June 3rd, 2010, 04:17 PM   #104
AirheadZim
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

aaahhh the master plan lol. I'm working on my 7th try at a keeper. Married one of them who turned out to be a devious little tramp. 3 years together as live-in, then after 10 months of marriage she wanted a divorce. I'll never do another Vegas wedding thats for sure.
Zim'rod (zim'-rod)n.- a handbuilt Volkswagen hotrod or jalopy, sometimes a pick-up, from several different years of the classic German automobile. In particular, 67', 69', 72', and 74' model years. Built from the realm of an insane mind, with a volksrod theme or style. Thank you bugdust.
Old June 3rd, 2010, 04:23 PM   #105
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirheadZim View Post
aaahhh the master plan lol. I'm working on my 7th try at a keeper. Married one of them who turned out to be a devious little tramp. 3 years together as live-in, then after 10 months of marriage she wanted a divorce. I'll never do another Vegas wedding thats for sure.
yeah, this is my second "the one", first had the good decency to tell me after 4 months of being apart (3 at boot camp, 1 at a-school), but this one seems like a keeper.. her dad was a Naval Officer for 24 years so she has a heads up what to expect and keeps reasuring me that I'm worth waiting for

but time will tell right? gotta see how this deployment goes and then see how actually living together goes and just take it one day at a time..

===========

Old June 3rd, 2010, 05:47 PM   #106
AirheadZim
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

There ya' go.... the great thing about my kitty, and current love of my life is she lets me be me, and do as I please. Of course I'm not the bad guy I used to be in my younger days. Finally learned how to care I guess lol.
Old June 3rd, 2010, 06:26 PM   #107
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

She sounds good! Especially the part when she's telling you that you're worth waiting for. I went through one of 'maybe this is the one' and then met THE ONE over thirty years ago. I was the Nam Vet living at the local Airport and flying, and she thought that I was a pretty good deal. Anyway, congratulation on your orders!
V8Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2010, 06:49 PM   #108
"Kid Casey"
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

i see more of today fuckin rules thread, in the summer n' more of the today fuckin sucks thread, in the winter.. funny how that is aint it
Old June 12th, 2010, 05:29 PM   #109
VWBettie
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Damn! Had to hunt back a few pages for this one!
Today F'n rules because I went junkin first thing this morning, went out and played with the car in the rain then came back and played with power tools all afternoon. Built a new entertainment center for the house and am now covering it license plates.
TOmorrow... brace the body and CHOP OFF A ROOF!!!!!!
Old June 12th, 2010, 05:32 PM   #110
Scott76
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

It didn't happen if theres no pics. Come on you can't tease a license plate collector without pics!!!

Fleetwing Camper

Going to the Basement
Scott76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2010, 07:29 PM   #111
VWBettie
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Sorry Scott... I should have known better.... cabinet 2.jpg

Cabinet.jpg
Old June 12th, 2010, 10:22 PM   #112
J_J_
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooed_pariah View Post
Last month I put in an application for orders to March Air Reserve base in Riverside, so that my gf would only be moving 2 hours away from home when she moves with me and i'd be on shore for at least 2 years (I thought that would help cement a stable foundation for a good relationship..) and I found out tonight that I was selected for those orders!

It's not in stone finalized, but it's better than "penciled-in"

We're both super stoked!!
The you'll be real close to me..
sucker..
J_J_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2010, 10:25 PM   #113
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_J_ View Post
The you'll be real close to me..
sucker..
Awesome, I'll put you down in the "helping us unloda the moving truck" list... now who's the sucker?

hahaha, naw, we haven't even started actively looking for a place yet. but I have done a little browsing and it seems we should be able to get a decent 3br/2ba for between 1 and 2 grand a month, so I'm stoked.. My only real requirement is that it has a garage, preferably 2 car :P oh, and the 2ba is a requirement for those nights when the food is just so good, but you know better than to be eating it...

===========

Old June 13th, 2010, 05:42 AM   #114
Scott76
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWBettie View Post
Sorry Scott... I should have known better.... Attachment 24656

Attachment 24657

Looks good. I like it. I just can't wait til my garage is built because I have SO MUCH garage art its going to take a small army to hang it all.

Fleetwing Camper

Going to the Basement
Scott76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 10:31 AM   #115
AirheadZim
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

That entertainment unit looks SUPER Bettie!! Today rocks for me cuz its my day off and I'm gonna be lazy. Hands and arms are a little sore from cleaning and scraping crap off of my trans and rear supension but that is a good thing.
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:59 PM   #116
Will46r
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Well after the last night of this 70 hour work week (I'm on night shift) I was planning on getting the grass cut before I went to bed...... stepdaughter got her boyfriend to cut the grass for me! I wasn't looking forward to it, working all night in a 90 degree, 90 percent humidity (keeps the dirt out of the air) paint plant wearing a paint suit and thinking about cutting grass in 90 degree weather wasn't fun.

Looking forward to a 140 hour paycheck for the last 2 weeks so maybe I'll have the extra money to get my Ghia body and start on Karmaru (that's what I've been calling my VR in my mind.)

Not a really big thing but it made my day or night or whatever. I've learned to be happy over little things.

I know all too much about exes and getting the good one finally. First ex.... well lets just say I was supposed to be gone on a 6 week trip, came home in 3 weeks, caught the soon to be ex with ole Jody. Thought about killing them, told them she wasn't worth it, called my Sergeant Major, he kept me drunk for a week and him and my Team Sergeant threw her crap outta housing. Second ex just got burned out by the Army, I understand, being home 4 months in 3 years with 3 kids will kill a marriage. Luckily I remet and married a girl I knew growing up, kinda nice to be with someone that when I tell a story I don't have to explain all the people in it. She understands and accepts me. I'm kinda proof that girls do marry their daddy. The womenfolk all complain at family stuff because me, her dad and grandpa all sit in the kitchen... basically we're all the same guy, old broke down warhorses.

Enough babbling, the coffee has hit.

BTW, this group is the first place I've come across that's almost like being around knife makers (that's a great thing.) I'm glad I found y'all.

Last edited by Will46r; June 13th, 2010 at 01:05 PM.
Will46r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 03:02 PM   #117
J_J_
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooed_pariah View Post
Awesome, I'll put you down in the "helping us unloda the moving truck" list... now who's the sucker?

hahaha, naw, we haven't even started actively looking for a place yet. but I have done a little browsing and it seems we should be able to get a decent 3br/2ba for between 1 and 2 grand a month, so I'm stoked.. My only real requirement is that it has a garage, preferably 2 car :P oh, and the 2ba is a requirement for those nights when the food is just so good, but you know better than to be eating it...
you just bring the drinks and food, I'll be there, My supervisory skills are supurb!!

J_J_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #118
AirheadZim
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Will you know you're damn welcome here....how do I know? Hell man, they let me stay!!! No really, even though we have all age groups in here, we all have kindred minds and spirits. Do whatever we can to keep our bugs alive, and help each other do the same thing.
Old June 14th, 2010, 01:26 PM   #119
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

My girl's goin to Vegas!

So my girlfriend plays on a 9-ball team and manages/plays on an 8-ball team in San Diego..

the 9-ball playoffs were last weekend, I think they placed 3rd or something, but the 8-ball playoffs were this weekend that just past... She won all her games, and the team took 1st place!

Now they go to Vegas in August for the National American Poolplayers Association tournament

She'll have to quit the team to move to Riverside with me, which kinda bummed her out, but going to the National Championships is a helluva way to leave

===========

Old June 23rd, 2010, 09:43 AM   #120
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

I just got a limited edition shirt I ordered last month from fellow pinstriper Jack Lindenberger

GEDC0256 (Medium).JPG
Originally Posted by fishguts
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2010, 03:38 PM   #121
AirheadZim
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Nice shirt Carlene!!! Also nice to see you posting in this thread instead of the "sucks" thread.
Old June 24th, 2010, 09:26 AM   #122
Cat Box
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I just got an offer letter for a new JOB!

The best part is that they offered more than I asked for which is $5000 more than I made at the last place a few months ago....Oh wait there I was also on 4 day weeks, so it will be $13900 more a year plus health insurance for my family.

Perhaps getting laid off wasn't such a bad thing after all.

:danc ing:: dancing:

http://www.Rosecityvolksters.com
Cat Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2010, 09:29 AM   #123
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

WOOHOO PETER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 10:35 AM   #124
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Ok, this is a suck turned rules post.
Mailman was early. instead of 10 or later, he goes thru before 9. I have a tax bill that needs to be in town by tuesday, so I now waste gas to drive to courthouse to pay it. I'm not in the best of moods to begin with. Go in the tax office, the tax commisioner rings me up, then tells me the mortgage comp paid the extra a couple months ago. Odd, I never sent them the bill. So he says 'you can go out to eat tonight' lol, no, means I can atv harder this weekend
Then mood turned around sorta since I'm 1 block from hubby's work and sat there bsing with Crash and hubby setting plans for sunday~
Old July 2nd, 2010, 11:00 AM   #125
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations on your day turning around....and that's a really nice T-shirt.
V8Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
popular thread