Latest Threads
- by yimbo
- by JiI

Old December 23rd, 2011, 08:20 AM   #101
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: I aquired another VW

Well after getting a late start putting the heater boxes back in my V-Rod so I would have heat this winter, I think back and how I wish I had started this back in September
Anyhow I had to put all the heater tubes from the heater boxes to the interior of the car back in, the PO took it all out and didn't plan to drive it during the cold time of year, well it's my daily driver and for once in my life I want heat in my VW

Well I had to cut holes under the seat where the tube comes into the car, there was still a small section of the original sheet metal left which had part of the hole still in it on the drivers side (why I did this side first), so I cut the rest out, hooked up as much of the original pieces as best I could, well the tubes I have that go from the heater boxes to the body weren't near long enough, so i used some gutter down spout tube, wrapped some hi-temp insulation around it and hooked it up

I hooked it up to the new heater channel on the drivers side, then remembered I forgot to install the tube that goes thru the door hinge pillar to the defroster openings, so I just plugged them up where they exit where the front of the seat is so some air can come out there rather than just release all the warm air to no place

Well with only one side hooked up it did get nice and warm inside, well it was around 40 degrees F and raining, my windows just fogged up until it got hot enough, so I imagine it should get much hotter once I get the passengers side hooked up
That will have a few problems, I will need to cut the hole between the battery and side of the car, then I will need to put a piece on so it will enter the heater channel, the PO had cut off the tube that comes out of the heater channel and goes to the front of the car, it shouldn't be to tough to stuff a section of tube into it, then connect it up how it's suppose to be

I also bought myself a few cans of blue paint, I figured out what colors I'm gonna paint my V-Rod, it's just gonna be a cheap rattle can paint job until I get all the body work finished, then I may put a decent paint job on it

I'd do a photo-shop of it if I was able, I may try it using the "paint" program on my computer of what I wanna do

It's gonna be blue up front, kind of a dark blue, then fade to black as it goes to the rear of the car, then I plan to paint the words "Black-N-Back" along the side of the car

So I finally have a name for my V-Rod, "Black-N-Back"
How did I come up with a name like that you ask, well it has something to do with the AC/DC song "Back in Black" but I'm sure you figured that out IF you know the song, if not, oh well

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2012, 03:32 AM   #102
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Well I still haven't gotten both sides of my heater boxes finished yet, but I did a bunha stuff the last few days, it was 62 degrees in the shade

It was a Fantastic Friday, and s'pose to rain today, I just hope it holds out until tonight

Well, did a few things while this warmer than usual weather was here, ground stays nice and warm

So I wanted to rebuild and put my 2 barrel progressive carb kit I got many years ago on, been on a bunch of different Bugs as well a few engines

It's been sitting in a cabinet since '97, I took it in in the house and disassembled it, then I cleaned it all out up, compressor and blew air thru it, I couldn't get a carb rebuild kit where I usually get my VW parts, they are gonna have it Monday

I went ahead and put it on, it was running really good, had much more power than it did with the dual Solex carbs I took off, I believe they were way over jetted for my engine, it got terrible mileage, the past 2 - 3 month it's been around 20 MPG, I know when I ran my progressive carb I was getting about 28 MPG when I kept a lite foot on the pedal, on the highway I could get 33 MPG

I took the V-Rod out for another ride an hour later and it acted like it was fouling out a plug or 2 at a stop, then just bareley giving it much pedal it would creep up to about 10 MPH, then it would take off without pushing the pedal down further, and when I did push it down, it just took off like a Bug-outa-Hell

Only thing is, when I got home I let it run, walked back behind the car and it had all this oil running down the engine compartment again, it was blowing oil out the oil vent hoses I had added to each valve cover, I'm hoping it's the rings, because it was also blowing oil out of a large crack I have in my 1 header pipe, tit was blowing oil out right into my hand into my hand

I bought a set of piston rings back in September, I guess I'm gonna be putting them in Saturday

I also added a new fuse block, the kind that take the little glass tube fuses , I didn't like the original German "SHIT" fuses, I'd knock all the fuses out 1 by1 if I had to change one, we wont talk about my accidental bumping 1 out, it turns into a big deal
I also made the fuse block much easier to get to, they are under the hood facing up which is much better than under the dash facing down (that's so when you drop one you say "SHIT" that fuse

I also thew a little bit of blue pant on the very front of the car back to the the door hinges

I used 1 can and I have 1 more left, so I'm gonna do the doors and a little on the front most part of the roof next time it warms up
Then I'm gonna sand it all down, then put a few more coats on the front, then sand it down a bit more, then make the doors fade into black the closer you get to the B-pillars

The back is gonna be black, in between in between it's gonna look like a bruise
I think I'm gonna paint someplace on the car "Black-N-Back"

Here are a few new pictures
Here is one of the fuse blocks I bought, I got 6 of them so I have 12 fuses now, I also have everything hocked up and working really good, well except for the horn

Fuse block in car

Here it is with the blues

Well that's all for now, almost time to go out and drop the engine out my V-Rod and start taking off all the necessary parts

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
Old February 14th, 2012, 08:56 PM   #103
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

So, I dropped the front end of my V-Rod back down where it was before a leaky shock forced me to put on a set of coil overs on it, well that raise the front up higher than I liked and it road a bit rougher than I liked

So I finally took it out for a drive today to see if it was any smoother, which it was, no bone jarring bumps anymore and it sits almost exactly how I want it, altho I still plan to do a body drop, or build a new pan to drop it down up front another inch, and drop the back down about 3 inches

Here are a few pictures with the before pics first

Before

After

From the side after I took it for a ride, oh yeah I hit the hinge on the gate to my backyard and the bolt that stuck out a 1/2 inch from the rest slashed my right from tire, I had no spare VW wheels with good tires on them so I had to put on 1 adapter so I could put a tire on that was within a half inch of the tire that was on it (VW tire and wheel was 26 inches tall, and the 14 inch & much wider tire stands 25-1/2 inches tall

Now as soon as I get 5 more lug nuts I can put the other matching tire on the front

After dropping it back down

Next is to install a set of beam adjusters so I can drop it another inch, maybe 2 inches, then I'll raise it up to where it is now for driving, it's clears just about everything, the lowest part of the car is the frame head flange that turns down right where the beam extender bolts on which is 3 inches from the ground, the extender dropped it 2-1/2 inches, along with the 2-1/2 inch drop spindles

Taking the coil over shocks off dropped it 3-1/2 inches

Until next time

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
Old March 14th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #104
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

So I removed the rear fenders, added a new exhaust system, as well as added a set of coil over shocks I had laying around that were from a Yamaha Blaster, I wanna lower them to the lowest notch after I get the engine back in, this morning I started installing the new set of piston rings I've had for a few months now

It should run much better, it was starting to burn a lot of oil and I was gettin g a lot of blow by again, so I did buy a new set of rings rather than keep using used rings, this makes the 4th time I have had the heads off to replace a piston ring or two over the last year, tomorrow 3/15/2012 will be 366 days since I took it on it's first drive

No pictures of the engine, but here are a few after I put the exhaust on and removed the rear fenders, it sits up a bit high, but I 'm starting to like it, may drop the shocks now as far as they will go

Next I'll let ya's know how much better it runs, it was chugging in 2nd gear to go up a little hill I was able to go up no problem in 4th gear

Maybe I can stop pouring oil into it as well, I have oil slung around the right rear fender well where it was blowing oil out the valve cover vent

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
Old March 15th, 2012, 12:43 AM   #105
d3ghia
Rabble Rouser

Member Photo Albums

MM,

What a thoroughly fun and enjoyable build/construction drive/modify/drive again thread!!

You write like I think, so I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts as well seeing the pictures!

Now that I know what this thread is, I will stay tuned to this channel. The first couple of times I saw this thread up near the top, I thought it was for people posting new acquisitions. I figured I would save that for reading later, but curiousity got the better of me, so I have wandered through for the past hour or so.....just fun!

Good to get to know you a bit, hope now when I see you around the forum I know who you are

I actually like your "stand in" front tires......But that might just be me. I am not fond of late model VW hubcaps and think most cars look better sans hubcaps, so maybe that is why. Back in Black......nice title! Anywho, it is getting close to my bedtime now, thanks for the "nite nite story"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkl Ian View Post
Don't be Fucking stupid.

The bolt is Fucked, it won't fix it's self,
the Bolt Fairy won't fix it, and you can't fix it.

I know there is a Full Moon, but quit Fucking around.
d3ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2012, 05:41 AM   #106
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

So last Tuesday I was gonna tear my engine apart to put a set of NEW piston rings in, couldn't find my jack, so I gathered all my tools needed to take the engine out, then filled up my parts cleaner so i could clean the cylinders after honing

Wednesday I have my jack, I have my tools ready, I pull the engine out, take off the # 1 & 2 head off and clean it up, take off the cylinders and pistons, remove the old rings, then clean them, put the rings back on, hone out both cylinders, clean them up, start the cylinders onto the pistons, push the head on into place

That's when it hit me, almost forgot the push-rod tubes, so I go to get the gasket set, thinking I can finally use BRAND NEW push-rod tube seals
I had used the ones on the engine 3 times already, ended up using the same push-rod seals a 4th time now

The good news is it hasn't leaked a drop since driving it Friday night

Before I put the engine back in I welded some nails to the fire wall, used some hi-temp insulation and pushed it against the fire wall then bent the nails over
I wish I would a used shorter nails and easier to bend nails as well

The insulation definitely makes it much quieter inside the car, hell I may be able to listen to the radio more often, since putting a radio in, I could only hear it when at red lights or stop signs

Then yesterday I painted the deck lid black, now it matches the rest of the back, took the picture when it was dark, the batteries went dead and the flash didn't work for the 1 picture I was able to get

Almost ready to chop the top, guess I should get the windows first, I'll cut my own front windshield

I had a thought about the stock door windows, has anybody chopped their top and kept the original windows, but just didn't roll them up all the way?
I know you would need to make new door vent windows as well as rear side quarter windows
I have seen a few cars which had used Lexan as door windows and from them going up & down they had wear marks in them almost like they had been sand blasted

I have an extra set of doors out back, I just might hafta go out and play with them sometime to see what all would need in order to make it work

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
Old March 22nd, 2012, 05:20 PM   #107
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

So today I modified an oil filter adapter which came off my 1988 S 10 Blazer (4.3 V6) so I can hook up my full flow oil filter, after the filter adapter I bought turned out to be shit, fixable, but still shitty that I hafta fix something that is supposed to be a bolt on part, (that's why so many people have trouble blowing their oil filter seal out on one side, the hole isn't tapped square to filter sealing surface, at least I read a lot of posts about this problem, most say it's the oil filter, if I was a betting man I'd almost put money on the filter adapter is out of square, my adapter was in a "Scat" labeled package)

I put a few pictures of the filter adapter and the freshly tapped holes, 2 plugs on my intro/ build thread (need to put that link in my signature)

Tomorrow I hope to get it mounted right behind the crank pulley, gonna try to make a filter adapter and have part of the deck lid latch on it as well, it will look crude until I can get a good one made, I just want it on a filtering my oil again even if I have no deck lid latch, that's not as important as filtered oil

I have no idea how many miles are on this engine, but the short block is good, even checked the end play, good at 0.005", I have had the cylinders and heads off 4 times now, I hope it's the last time I pull this engine apart for a long time so I can spend more time the hell out of it, as well as making my own personal custom parts for it

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
Old March 23rd, 2012, 11:46 PM   #108
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

So I cut & bent a few pieces of steel to make a temporary oil filter bracket, as mentioned in previous post nothing fancy, still need to weld in a gusset or two as well

I plan to cast an aluminum bracket and replacing the crudely made temporary bracket I made this afternoon, but it's hooked up and filtering, no leaks either

"The following paragraph went a bit off Topic"
I also ended up with a bunch of keys, they went to some kind of sealed boxes (24" by 24" by 8" deep), well the boxes were used as drawers on 2 heavy duty work benches my friend is building, each work bench is 5 feet wide by 10 feet long, the top surface is 1/2" thick steel plate, 6" channel welded all around the edges with several electrical boxes spaced evenly in the channel all the way around, the channel has nicely cut out openings for each electrical outlet box, then 3" diameter 1/4" wall pipe used as legs with 1-1/4" screws to level them and get both benches at the same height
I'll get a couple pictures of them when they are both finished

I got to keep all the hardware that went to these boxes (now being used as drawers, hardware was mostly 8mm screws, studs, nuts, and these roller skate keys), the keys were just right for tapping a 6mm thread or a 1/4" thread, I used 2 of them to screw on my windshield wiper arms (may use some as valve cover screws )

The little C-clamp was just used until I got all the nuts & bolts tight, there will be a weld holding the 2 pieces together

The wiper "keys" are to lock the wiper arms on (a sudden rise in windshield wiper arm thefts round these parts), but I will need to shorten them so I can get my hood all the way open, putting gas in I hafta remove them

The day I was driving home with all these keys, an old song I haven't heard in 40 years came on the radio, "Melanie" (Melanie Safka) singing "Brand New Key"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIFknAdVvNM
I always liked that song, I was about 5 years old when it was played on the radio all the time

Next week,
I'm gonna start sanding the car a little, go buy some different shades of blue paint as well as some black paint, all flat if I can find it, if not I'll just use some fine grit sand paper and see if that takes the shine out of it (or DE-buff it )

My plans are to paint the front blue and the back black, then in the middle between the front and back I'm gonna try my best at fading it from blue to black

Then paint the car's name someplace (undecided as to where & what type of lettering I want) but it will say - " Black-N-Back"

Sounds good to me

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
Old March 25th, 2012, 09:19 PM   #109
d3ghia
Rabble Rouser

Member Photo Albums

Just a thought I had.......

Being an AC/DC fan, I really like the play on words and the title Black-N-Back......

Some, however, may not catch the reference, ......

They may think that it is a reference to Rosa Parks or a proposed seating arrangement for anyone wanting a ride in your VR.......

Just wanting to be helpful

Quote:
Don't be Fucking stupid.

Old March 26th, 2012, 06:37 AM   #110
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3ghia View Post
Just a thought I had.......

Being an AC/DC fan, I really like the play on words and the title Black-N-Back......

Some, however, may not catch the reference, ......

They may think that it is a reference to Rosa Parks or a proposed seating arrangement for anyone wanting a ride in your VR.......

Just wanting to be helpful

Hmmm,

Glad you brought that to my attention

Then again I plan on removing the back seat, so there will be no back seat in my V-Rod

Maybe I'll re-arrange the colors from Black up front to Blue in back

Then call it "The Blue's n Back" or "The Blues R Back" maybe it shall remain nameless, except for "The V-Rod" rather than the "VW"

Here are a few picture of it from the rear after I painted the deck lid to match the rest, looks much better with the exhaust I put on, I need to get a better set of tail lights, drop the rear down another 2 or 3 inches, then widen my rear wheels to 10 inches, get some tires to fit

Thinking about chopping the top a few inches as well as putting suicide doors on using the original door hinges, I have an extra set of doors and hinges so it shouldn't be to tough to do, get the hinges mounted onto the doors, mounting the doors will most likely be the toughest part since I'll be driving it

Guess I should get a new front windshield first, then cut it, then chop the top to fit, the rest of the glass can wait

Other than all that I still need to find a way to mount the rear bumper I had on it

More to come soon, gonna try to get the top chopped and doors turned around before July gets here, car show at the end of July and I want the changes finished by then

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
Old March 26th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #111
d3ghia
Rabble Rouser

Member Photo Albums

The bruiser.....black & blue! It is looking nice!

Quote:
Don't be Fucking stupid.

Old March 27th, 2012, 10:10 AM   #112
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

'Da Bruiser,' nice. The rod looks great and I really like the rear tires. In my humble opinion, I'd go with 8" wides at the rear. What kind of tail lights do you plan to switch to? Or maybe elaborate on what you got. I saw a bike a while back with a plain 3" round light similiar to yours with a black painted(gas ) welding rod design the owner had made up to fit over the lenses. It made it look pretty trick and you won't find another rod running the same thing. You have a nice ride any way you look at her.
V8Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 05:23 AM   #113
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Thank ya's

Hmmm, "Da Bruiser" or "Blue n Black" or Black N Blue" I may hafta change the spelling, guess I'll hafta rearrange the letters or add and/or remove some letters until I come up with something that fits me (and yes I have bruises all over my legs and arms from tripping & falling, so it does fit)

As far as tail lights go, not sure yet, thinking maybe something from an old Ford, just a matter of saving money to buy something I like
The tail lights on it now are from a tractor trailer, the rubber gromets that hold the lights in the housings are from some old speakers I got from a car I bought years ago (I keep almost everything)

I think the once chrome housings were also from the speakers, but I had a bunch of the tail lights and they fit perfectly, I used them on my Rail Buggy, hell I may just use them after I paint the housings, the lights are cheap and easy to get

The rear wheels I may be widening today, I'm most likely gonna go with 8 inch wide wheels, but only because wider tires are more expensive, and the rear tires on it now are studded snow tires (I'll pull the studs out soon), they originally went onto 8 inch wide wheels, so I'm gonna go roll up a couple of tubes 4 inches wide then weld them between my wheels which I cut into 2 pieces

Pictures to follow IF I get them tac welded together today

Thanks again, it will be sporting a lower roof line as soon as I get a new windshield to cut, or maybe a piece of Lexan until I can cut a new windshield

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
Old April 7th, 2012, 09:27 AM   #114
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

So yesterday I was driving home and had my camera with me, so I took a short video while driving, went thru the tunnel under Union Terminal (was built in the 1930's as a Train Station, now it is the Natural History Museum) you can't hear it but it is super loud driving thru the tunnel, I even rev'd it up while going thru, but I guess the camera didn't pick it up

Nothing exciting about it, well except when the guy in front of me let off his brakes and everything went dark

It would have lasted longer but I had lots of pictures already on the camera and it ran out of memory space

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...t=MVI_7793.mp4

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
Old April 29th, 2012, 10:33 PM   #115
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Been thinking about different names for the V-Rod, then Friday I did this

Thinking about adding to it as well as an "evil" theme for it, just haven't got enough letters to spell anything else out, now I could go get more letters off other cars, or better yet I may just cast my own letters in a wicked evil font of my own design

Then paint some other wicked evil looking skulls, spiders or even witches or wizards of some kind, the possibilities are endless, just as long as I don't over do it

Guess I better get out my pencils & paper & get busy doodling till I get something EVIL

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
Old May 15th, 2012, 11:03 PM   #116
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Got my hands on a few scraps of carpet

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
Old May 15th, 2012, 11:38 PM   #117
Double D
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmaster1766 View Post
Got my hands on a few scraps of carpet

Ron

That carpet looks like it cam from a Vegas casino!

If it has tits or wheels you're gonna have problems....
Double D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 02:53 AM   #118
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
That carpet looks like it cam from a Vegas casino!
You are correct, except it was being put into someone's home

I like it

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
Old May 31st, 2012, 04:55 AM   #119
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

So I finally edited a picture using the paint program on this here computer to make a rendering of how I plan for my V-Rod may look when finished, well close anyways, I have many other plans I didn't do but will add after I get the stretching & sectioning finished someday before my days come to an end

It's rather crude drawing compared to some of ya'lls Photo shopped pics, but it gives an idea where I'm going, except the paint, but I'll get to that soon

I lengthened the doors about 8" or maybe 6" & plan to suicide them using stock hinges, chopped the top about 3" possibly 4" as well as take an inch or 3 section out of the body from just above the lower door hinge, them once all windows are in comes paint

I first planned to paint it blue, then fade it to black as it gets to the back, I may change the colors to black up front & blue in back, I'll hafta wait till I get that far

I plan a few pattern welded parts as well, like a shifter rod, door mirror mounts & a bunch of other one of a kind parts, but I need to get another daily driver before I can start cutting it up

Thinking I may hafta put my rail buggy back together to drive before the cold weather gets back, but it needs all new brakes before I can drive it

I better get to working & less talking, I spend to much time on this here computer than I'd like, but that's what happens during my mornings & late nights
I'm burning day light as it is, so out to the garage I go

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
Old June 5th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #120
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Today I had all day to do whatever I wanted, so I put in a different seat in, their from a 92 Honda Accord my son had as a parts car, it's also where I got my rear disc brake set up I modified for the back of my V-Rod

Pictures are better than words, so if'n ya wanna read all about it check the "build" thread which will be near the top since I updated it

I hope to have them both in & ready to cradle my ass before this time tomorrow

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
Old June 6th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #121
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Today I finished the other seat, & they are so much better to sit on, I was thinking what is the best comparison to sitting in old VW seats with worn out springs, padding that was hidden under the seat covers, the only thing I can compare them to is a toilet seat

Now imagine sitting on a toilet seat & drive 400 miles

I'll hafta take an hour drive just to see if it makes a difference

Today after I finished the seats I decided to put some black primer on the front to somewhat fade from blue to black, it didn't turn out that good, but it kinda gives me an idea on how I'm gonna do it later, altho I think I'll use sand paper & a few coats of paint, then sand some more until I like it

Here's a couple pictures of the hood, it turned out better than the sides

Yes I painted over the dirt, I didn't wanna wait for it to dry so I could paint, plus it'll come off a bit easier

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:50 PM   #122
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

A few pics of the roll cage in except the 2 rear tubes

I was afraid it would cause problems getting in the way, other than needing to open the doors so you can roll the windows up & down it fits like a glove

Ron

My 1966 V8 Bug AKA - The "Bitch~N~Bug http://www.volksrods.com/forum/showt...etalmaster1766
My 1969 V-Rod AKA - (no name yet) http://www.volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32284
My Web Site
http://metalmaster1766.webs.com/

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
Old June 25th, 2012, 09:21 PM   #123
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

So 4 weeks from yesterday is the annual Rolling on the River car show is here

I was hoping to have made many changes since last year, but most of my time was spent keeping it alive & running/working so I have a DD, yes I broke down & spent some $$ rather than putting used parts in (ran out of usable 85.5mm piston rings, except the 1 I had to replace the new broken ring)

It seems as if it's running purty good, so what noticeable changes can I do in 3 weeks & 6 days?

Well it looks like I'm gonna widen 2 VW wheels to 8 inches, I rolled a piece of 12 ga by 8 inches wide into a 13-1/4 inch diameter I just need to cut it in half, then cut 2 wheels & put the 4 inch pieces in & weld them together, take the rear tires off the stock 4 inch wide wheels & put them on 8 inch wide wheels like they are suppose to be on

Doesn't look like much is gonna stand out except the rear wheels, maybe the seats and I removed the rear fenders

OH yeah, I almost forgot, I put a rear buggy bumper on that matches the one up front except it's a few inches wider than the front one, I just whipped up a couple simple & cheesy brackets out of some 3/4 inch wide banding material then mounted it around the header pipes until I can make something nicer that doesn't mount to the header pipes

Should be much easier now that it's right where I want it, I just need something that looks better, if I don't get them finished by show time, I'll just pull it off until after the show

Yes they look that bad, I'm ashamed to even post a picture

Oh yeah, I need to come up with a better name as well, my wife suggested the Blue on Black, but after hearing the Kenny Wayne Shepard song I decided to come up with something unrelated to music

Ron

My 1966 V8 Bug AKA - The "Bitch~N~Bug http://www.volksrods.com/forum/showt...etalmaster1766

My 1969 V-Rod
http://www.volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32284

My Web Site

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
Old June 28th, 2012, 05:39 AM   #124
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

I cut 1 wheel yesterday, when I get more cut off wheels for my grinder I'llcut the other one, then cut the 8" piece I rolled into a tube, just need to cut it, weld the center of it into two 4" wide pieces to widen the wheels, I hope to at least get the rear wheels widen'd, tires put on before the show, may even shoot some paint on it

pics of the wheel cutting
chucked up an axle with a modified drum bolted to it, when I put the tail stuck into the end of the axle it has about .009" TIR

This pic is with the 8" wide tube looking down into the mounting flandge & hub cap, it's gonna be half as deep

Ron

My 1969 V-Rod
http://www.volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32284

My Web Site

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
Old June 28th, 2012, 07:33 AM   #125
jkien65
Forum Member

Wow, good work Ron!. How well will these balance out?