Threads: 31,745
Total Online: 73

Newest Member: Keewee

Latest Threads
- by nomercy

Old October 29th, 2010, 09:56 PM   #26
JiI
Forum Member

Location: Mokena, IL Yep, that's me falling down a sand dune in Michigan...
Member Photo Albums
Default Re: Piece of crap

Shut up Nate, you're pissing me off.
Jeff
P.S. trans raise/ bracing going okay?
JiI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 10:40 PM   #27
Steve
Administradora El Polacko

Member Photo Albums

A handful of the moderators and I can't battle a horde of sandy vaginas with soft feelings constantly needing hugs and reassurance all by ourselves...

The veterans on here can quietly discuss it amongst yourselves behind our backs, and wait for us to try and fix it ourselves...

Or...

Instead of turning their backs on the board, going silent, waiting for us to fix it by ourselves... maybe the veterans on here bothered by all this pansy ass bullshit should be giving us a hand and take their fucking forum back.

Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 11:12 PM   #28
volksmike
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiI View Post
Shut up Nate, you're pissing me off.
Jeff
P.S. trans raise/ bracing going okay?

I just wanna know about the tranys...

Hey Man, ya wanna see something dangerous?
volksmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2010, 12:01 AM   #29
Will46r
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I'd post pictures of some but it'd just moved to "Pin Up Girls"
Will46r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2010, 01:58 AM   #30
Ray-Dean
Forum Member

[QUOTE=Steve;486027] Instead of turning their backs on the board, going silent, waiting for us to fix it by ourselves... maybe the veterans on here bothered by all this pansy ass bullshit should be giving us a hand and take their fucking forum back.[/QULOTE]

PUT ME IN COACH. I'M READY TO PLAY!

Sorry I've been away so long.
Old October 30th, 2010, 05:33 AM   #31
MatteBlack
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I won't go into the wrong or right of it but, parenting and education strategies have changed alot over the years. There was big push on improving self esteem, not defining winners and losers in sports, praising effort and gently delivering criticism or accepting failure.

There is a known issue in management circles about older folks managing workers from younger generations who were more coddled and less accustomed to direct confrontation on lacking performance. These generations are graduating from college and walking straight into the shredder. Their are books and classes on the topic and people on either side of it who get fired.

My point is this, it's a very real thing and it's not just happening here and hammering the offender into shape like we might our cars doesn't seem a likely way to fix it. If you want there to be an influx of newer people around the site and in the hobby, the softer-skinned folk do need to toughen up quite a bit but, our curmodgeonly types also need to be a bit more aware of their audiences.

lee
Old October 30th, 2010, 05:48 AM   #32
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

No more talking in the back ground, no more sitting around waiting for it to change. I've always been the nice one, not any more. Ray, you just need to have your ass here more and be your self again. Maybe my text bill will go down,,,, I don't even talk about this place with hubby , cuz there's nothing to talk about lately.

But ya know, it's bad when even us mods and the boss, go silent. Well screw that, I'm not going to be silent anymore! Don't like it? kiss my ass! Just be damn glad you don't have to deal with me in person! I put up with perimenopausal crap daily, a 14yr old a.d.h.d./o.d.d. tactile lieing child daily, a hubby who is at work more than he is home, and a shit load of other crap.

The elders that are silent, have more info stuffed in their brains than you guys will ever know. I don't know it all, but seems every time a thread with a simple odd question gets ignored, for hours, I answer THEN everyone jumps in to prove me wrong, but at least I admit when I'm wrong . It does NOT hurt my feelings either, and I have a vagina and there is NO sand in it. But right now, the shit around here is too fucking deep. I won't repeat it all, but I will be saying whatever I AM thinking at the time I read stupid posts about what to do with my car. If you don't know, ship it to me, I'll change it, or you can sit and stare at it until it hits you like a fucking brick to change it or leave it alone and drive the bitch.
And the next time some idiot over the age of 10 writes a complete fucking post with NO ................................. at least in it, I'm DELETING IT! There's absolutely no damn excuse for that crap, We're all of the adult age here. That crap gives us a headache.
I've learned my powers well lately. Cleaning up the shit is not my favorite job. I was asked on cuz I'm here all freaking day. And I've watched this place go to hell in newbie land. Well folks, today is a new day. I'm not silent anymore.
If you newbies can't take it then go to the stramba or hambs and get your shit stroked over there if you think you can. They will chew you up and spit you out faster than you can say , 'Here's my project'~
But don't you dare come back here whining, bitchin, moanin and complaining about it, we'll grind you into dust and sweep you out the door you came in.
This is family, family administers tough love .

What a gorgeous way to start a weekend
Originally Posted by fishguts
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2010, 06:03 AM   #33
ratlook63
Forum Member

If you make it to beer 6 without cutting anything you need to be doing something else." - MrChainsaw

Wanted:
Split tail lights. Repop ok!
Split dash pods or measurements to make my own. Repop ok!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Band
http://www.myspace.com/safetynautguaranteed
ratlook63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2010, 06:35 AM   #34
bugdust
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplemyth View Post
No more talking in the back ground, no more sitting around waiting for it to change. I've always been the nice one, not any more. Ray, you just need to have your ass here more and be your self again. Maybe my text bill will go down,,,, I don't even talk about this place with hubby , cuz there's nothing to talk about lately.

But ya know, it's bad when even us mods and the boss, go silent. Well screw that, I'm not going to be silent anymore! Don't like it? kiss my ass! Just be damn glad you don't have to deal with me in person! I put up with perimenopausal crap daily, a 14yr old a.d.h.d./o.d.d. tactile lieing child daily, a hubby who is at work more than he is home, and a shit load of other crap.

The elders that are silent, have more info stuffed in their brains than you guys will ever know. I don't know it all, but seems every time a thread with a simple odd question gets ignored, for hours, I answer THEN everyone jumps in to prove me wrong, but at least I admit when I'm wrong . It does NOT hurt my feelings either, and I have a vagina and there is NO sand in it. But right now, the shit around here is too fucking deep. I won't repeat it all, but I will be saying whatever I AM thinking at the time I read stupid posts about what to do with my car. If you don't know, ship it to me, I'll change it, or you can sit and stare at it until it hits you like a fucking brick to change it or leave it alone and drive the bitch.
And the next time some idiot over the age of 10 writes a complete fucking post with NO ................................. at least in it, I'm DELETING IT! There's absolutely no damn excuse for that crap, We're all of the adult age here. That crap gives us a headache.
I've learned my powers well lately. Cleaning up the shit is not my favorite job. I was asked on cuz I'm here all freaking day. And I've watched this place go to hell in newbie land. Well folks, today is a new day. I'm not silent anymore.
If you newbies can't take it then go to the stramba or hambs and get your shit stroked over there if you think you can. They will chew you up and spit you out faster than you can say , 'Here's my project'~
But don't you dare come back here whining, bitchin, moanin and complaining about it, we'll grind you into dust and sweep you out the door you came in.
This is family, family administers tough love .

What a gorgeous way to start a weekend
So what are you trying to say Carlene?

Quote:
No pics, but oh well, if you really, really need to see metal removed, turn off your computer and work on your car... ~ Ray-Dean
bugdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2010, 06:55 AM   #35
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

you know me Charlie, I'm female, I talk. It's not normal for me to be silent, and I'm not gonna be silent anymore. I have to babysit at home, I'm not gonna baby sit at work though.
I've watched, I've listened, I've learned, and I'm going to put it all to good use now. My own house is being wrecked by a child, I'm not gonna sit here and watch our online home get wrecked by a bunch of whimpy pansies who are too dense to search ,read and follow the simple fuckin rules the boss had to install which seem to be doing no good.
I only cuss when I'm pushed over the edge and completely pissed off. Nate just had the bigger balls to start the thread.

I don't like to hurt peoples feelings, but it seems the only way to get their damn attention anymore.
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
Old October 30th, 2010, 07:15 AM   #36
freightshaker
Forum Member

Sniff sniff.. I'm not new I just don't post much. And I have seen several forums go down hill here lately...I agree with the old timers here git your heads out of your ass and git back to your roots....I'm in the process of doing that myself... I am undecided on some things about my cars but I seldom post ANYWHERE to get opinions...Why? Because I don't give a damn what YOU would do with it...If I wanted something you would build I would just buy your car...That being said if ya'll want to ban me for overstepping my grounds so be it..I like what I have read so far in this post....just my 02 cents..
freightshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2010, 07:19 AM   #37
Iowa Mark
Forum Member

Maybe we should just get over ourselves a bit. This forum is exactly what it is. The culture of almost anything in this world is all about inovation followed by the stampede of followers. If anyone has been following Unk's posts for the last year, he has been steadly offering up some of the tools for becoming an inovater. Unfortunately, it takes a true fire in the gut to want to create something that is "new and different" from all the cookie cutter, flat black, red wheels, beam extendered, fenderless, chopped top, volksrods already built. When everyone had that 2276 cc'd IDA'd, one color, Erco wheeled bugs over on the Cal-look forum, they started nit picking each other and the place fell apart. We are no different. I still come here because once in a while someone has something completely different to show us. I don't come for the hugs. I don't come here for a chance to feel important. I come here for something to stoke that fire, and get me back off my tired old butt and out in the barn screwing up some automotive nightmare that haunts my imagination. All the newbies have that same fire, but just don't know how to deal with it. Some of us grew up having to invent our entertainment. Today, kids are so overstuffed with crap that recognizing a true "new" thought or idea in all the clutter is difficult for them. This idea of taking back the forum is about as rediculous as turning back the clock to a better time in this world. What is needed is permission and encouragement to do things differently instead of "the same". Thinking should never be optional around here! I'm going out and make some seats out of truck tires cut in quarters.
Iowa Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2010, 07:22 AM   #38
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Banning is usually last resort, and I think the number of actual banned can be counted on one hand.
Mike sent you, you're ok
Old October 30th, 2010, 07:25 AM   #39
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Seats out of tires,
Old October 30th, 2010, 07:28 AM   #40
bigguy
Forum Member

To take it back to old times is a hard thing to do i agree. But when you wade through all the trivial questions the person building the car should be able to ask themselves and decide is my problem. Most of the info is in these boards. Now showing them the way and encouraging is not the only thing they need. They need to do for themselves as well.
Old October 30th, 2010, 07:59 AM   #41
Choppercabra
Forum Member

You guys are just all mean mean men. i am going to cry now.
Choppercabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2010, 08:01 AM   #42
Budreaux
Forum Member

The main thing is to teach them to use the search function. It is very true that the new generation was raised with a much different parenting style and it has been hell in the workforce trying to get settled in. So many new policies, and procedures have been written or revised to avoid lawsuits that the common sense approach has been lost. I don;t give a damn about your feelings if you are doing a shitty job and don;t show a concern to improve and do it right.
This is the same thing we are dealing with here, only in a different venue.
For me, I joined here because I saw a great community of some really good talent that wasn;t afraid to express themselves. I can take constructive criticism, hell, i ask for it, BUT, I used the search function for months and did a shitton of reading before I even started to work on my project. I think that is the difference. I didn;t want someone to build me a car, I wanted to build it myself and with my boys so that I could give them a sense of accomplishment and teach them some work ethic along the way as I learned how to do to metal work myself.

My suggesstion would be to be up front and basically blunt, but with a welcome aboard approach. Something I think you guys have been great at. The flood of silly ass posts has definately gotten bad. Heck, I used to read the entire front page of posts several times a day, but now I just skim through. That's a bad habit to allow yourself to get into because you may very well miss the opportunity to read something that one of the old timers may have explained something that you could use in your current or future projects.

I'm still basically new here, but I really enjoy this place for what it was when I joined over a year ago. The problem is real and the solution is simple. If their skin isn;t think enough to handle some constructive criticism, then they need to step back an reevaluate their reasons for being here. I want the information you talented old timers have tucked back in your head....i NEED that information so that i can get better at this, but I promise to look for it before I just ask for it.
Budreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2010, 08:26 AM   #43
Turbo Punk
Forum Member

Quote:
You haven't been on fb lately?

Turbo punk is mean over there, and Rob posted pics of his big wood
I'm not THAT mean. I just like the fact that I can post what ever the fuck I want. Not that I wouldn't post some of those things here. It's just that I respect the rules here and some of those things just aren't suitable for this site (anti-religious, political...etc). I'll be adding a new pic soon if you really give a shit to see what I think.

Toughen up bitches, if you don't want sand in your manginas you better put on your latex panties.
Turbo Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2010, 08:38 AM   #44
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

I said that as a joke Tim, you know how it was and how it used to be here.
Rules have always been simple here~

i know your not mean strange yes, but not mean~
Old October 30th, 2010, 08:52 AM   #45
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Old October 30th, 2010, 09:43 AM   #46
Unkl Ian
Trouble Maker and Bad Influence

Instead of whining about "the good old days",

how about posting something interesting and/or informative ?

Maybe even get your hands dirty and do some work
on your Volksrod/Bus/Bike/Buggy/Ghia/POS/Whatever.

Want things to be "better"?

MAKE THEM BETTER with your actions.

UnkLian.net

FlyingEyeballs.net

Unkl Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2010, 09:54 AM   #47
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

My POS project is in my intro, along with all the rest of the other projects we were working on. It's not worthy of being over here on the main board. But it is posted in the yesterday thread, sometimes.
I'm not doing anything vr related lately. Just waiting for him to blow up the dragon sooner or later
Old October 30th, 2010, 10:19 AM   #48
fishguts
Forum Member

I run a classic boat web site and it's even more boring than here.

"Back in the day" on my site there were people signing up left and right and there were a variety of interesting topics going on at once. But there was more expendable income then and people could afford to have a money pit hobby like an old boat or a Volksrod. But that was then and this is now.

It's hard to feel good about throwing money at an oversized toy right now. So our projects get sidelined and with them, our interest. I do hope it turns around but I'm thinkin it's a long way off.

Now I need a hug.
Old October 30th, 2010, 10:43 AM   #49
RichG
Forum Member

Quote:
And the next time some idiot over the age of 10 writes a complete fucking post with NO ................................. at least in it, I'm DELETING IT! There's absolutely no damn excuse for that crap, We're all of the adult age here.
I think I'm in love...

Can you delete the 50 sentence paragraphs also please? I try to read them, I really do, but I get halfway through them and lose my place, then the headache sets in...

Misspelling bothers me also, but I can overlook that, I'm not a freakin' English teacher, I just want to be able to understand what I'm reading without having to get my Ebonics dictionary out.

Thank you Carlene, and all the other moderators also, you guys help Steve make this site my favorite place to hang on the internet.
Old October 30th, 2010, 11:51 AM   #50
JiI
Forum Member

Location: Mokena, IL Yep, that's me falling down a sand dune in Michigan...
Member Photo Albums

So.... can anyone tell me the difference between a beetle and a super beetle? I don't know how to search for it.....

Jeff
JiI is offline   Reply With Quote