Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Go Back   Cut-Weld-Drive Forums > The VolksRodders Forum > SH*T For Sale/Wanted > SH*T For Sale

User Information
Your Avatar

Stuff to check out...

Cool stuff you NEED!

Forum Stats
Members: 16,759
Threads: 31,675
Total Online: 64

Newest Member: Colonel Angus

Latest Threads
- by PureC4
- by wvobug
- by 1slo3

Old January 31st, 2011, 07:48 PM   #1
38Chevy454
Site Supporter

Default USA Made High Quality Small Bear Claw Latches,
Price: $36/pr shipped   Location: Albuquerque, NM   

I have been selling many of the large standard size bear claw latches in my other posting. I have had several requests for a smaller bear claw latch, this is the small size latch. Latch size is 3.88 inches tall x 1.25 wide x 0.80 thick, and is the standard mini size bear claw latch. If you have thin doors like a roadster or need a smaller size latch, then these are for you.

These meet the same Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards as the large size latches, which means they are OEM quality. Made in USA, in an OEM quality rated shop, not some aftermarket crap. Zinc plated for corrosion resistance. They are 2-position single arm catch for extra security. When you release the latch it helps push the striker bolt out and the door open when they release - no door popper needed. The release arm is 1.25 inch from pivot to hole in the arm, so they are easy to pull open or adapt to your needs. The three holes are threaded 1/4 x 20 (1/4 coarse) thread for easy mounting. I ordered new striker bolts with the latches, they have 3/8 x 16 (3/8 coarse) threaded stud. These are designed for lighter doors and are not as heavy duty as the large latches, but still a very high quality latch in a smaller size.

Same price as the large size latches: $30 for a pair of bear claw latches and striker bolts plus $6 shipping in USPS flat rate small box. Total is $36 shipped in US. The pair is one left and one right, mirror image of each other. I know they are a bit smaller, but the price is the same from my supplier.

I can fit 2 pairs (4 total latches and 4 striker bolts) in the box for the same $6 shipping. Total is $66 shipped in US. International is $14.45 shipping to Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, etc for one or two pairs. Canada is $12.45 shipping for one or two pairs.

I have these same latches on ebay for $37/pair due to all the ebay fees. Save yourself money and get the same thing here for cheaper.

Pic below has both latches in the open position.

Pic below shows the striker bolts in the fully closed and halfway positions

You will not be disappointed in these. Good high quality US made latches for your door. These do not need a high power solenoid to open. Please use PM or email me at Mr.BearClaw@yahoo.com and contact me if interested. I can take paypal or MO's. I can also mix your order with one large pair and one small pair if you want. Please specify what size latches you want since I now have two sizes. Thanks, Terry

See my other ad for large bear claw latches with many satisfied customers feedback on the latches here:
http://www.volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31302

buy here directly: www.hotrodlatches.com
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote