- by DrHax
- by FatDad
- by Bugula
- by DrHax

Old May 12th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #51
a4maine
Forum Member

Default Re: Project Squatting Turd

Not much accomplished lately. Sucks not having any extra income. Birthdays in a couple weeks so maybe I can get my paint and the last couple parts needed to get this on the road.

Started playing with windows. Quarters are just plastic... used to be my wifes desk top cover so their all cut up and covered with random crap... fitting for this project haha.

Used the diamond wheel angle grinder trick that so many of you have used on your windshields. dulled the edges with a sanding wheel after. Quick and easy work! Heres the new window quick fit and the excess.
a4maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2012, 02:30 AM   #52
a4maine
Forum Member

Default Re: Project Squatting Turd

She's all painted, put back together, and purring. I've taken the engine out twice now for a cracked throw-out bearing carrier and a leaky input shaft seal, but I think the major issues are taken care of now. I just have a VC gasket that keeps getting sucked in but I'm hoping I got it to stay with high tack sealant. (these rubber gaskets suck) Road tests have been successful aside from that and the townsfolk can't help but smile and when they see me coming.

I can't thank you guys enough for the pointers you've shared. It's great to have a resource like this readily available. Thanks
a4maine is offline   Reply With Quote