Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Go Back   Cut-Weld-Drive Forums > The VolksRodders Forum > SH*T For Sale/Wanted > SH*T For Sale

User Information
Your Avatar

Stuff to check out...

Cool stuff you NEED!

Forum Stats
Members: 16,771
Threads: 31,763
Total Online: 125

Newest Member: Otherexacerbater

Latest Threads
- by Rokus

Old December 12th, 2011, 09:26 AM   #1
fishguts
Forum Member

Default Ratgutz reverse trike
Price: $5000   Location: MA   

$5,000 now or wait until I have it runnable and the price goes up a lot.

Your chance to own and finish out one of the most radical volksrods ever built. This is a very carefully thought out and well built design that should make for an excellent ride. It certainly gets a lot of looks.

My arthritis is getting the better of me and I need to raise some cash, so here it goes. If I press myself to finish the trike, I will raise the price accordingly, probably to $10,000 or more as a runner, so now's the time to get it before it gets expensive.

No trades and non-negotiable. Shipping up to you. Come and get it.

You can get most every detail by looking through the discussion thread from concept to crazy ideas and twists and turns to where it is today. Warning: it's 41 pages long and has over 46,000 views, so there's a lot of banter:

http://www.volksrods.com/forum/showt...hlight=ratgutz

Here's the short list:
-Roadster style Bug body narrowed 16", windshield chopped 6", sectioned 3", channeled 3", early 50's deck lid molded into rear.
-New adjustable front beam with dropped spindles and disc brakes and adjustable coil-over shocks.
-2"X3" .0125 box tubing chassis, accurately built to within 1/32" front-rear alignment.
-New Honda Goldwing rear swingarm and disc brake.
-Custom built GM rear wheel and custom machined adapter.
-New tires.
-Front mounted 1600 dp, stainless and hand formed steel exhaust.
-Mazda 4-speed tranny.
-Bomber seat.
-Comes with original title, ID tag by windshield still in place.

What it honestly needs:
-Windshield.
-Steering linkage constructed - steering knuckles, shaft and support bearings included.
-Bellhousing swapped out with proper bus bell, which I will also include. Need to add internal clutch mechanism. Clutch included.
-Build a driveshaft to connect tranny and swingarm. This would consist of a Mazda front yoke and a carrier bearing just before the swingarm.
-Pedal assemblies, linkages and lines.
-Wiring, battery, gauges and switches.
-Fuel tank and lines.
-Interior panels.
-Other stuff.

The bodywork is pretty good at the ratrod/primer level I like things. If you want it shiny, you've got some work to do. If you want to get extreme with it, you will want to consider some panel replacement as I'm a weld and grind kind of guy and not afraid of Bondo. Just telling the truth.

How much work this amounts to depends on how far you want to go with it, how handy you are or how deep your pockets are.

Ask anything you want. I don't mind being honest about this project. I want you to know exactly what you are getting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ratgutz1.jpg (51.2 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg ratgutz2.jpg (42.0 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg ratgutz3.jpg (46.6 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg ratgutzr4.jpg (50.1 KB, 84 views)

Last edited by fishguts; December 13th, 2011 at 06:17 AM.
fishguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 09:37 AM   #2
fishguts
Forum Member

Default Re: Ratgutz reverse trike

Body comes off this weekend and I start finishing out the drive line. Then it gets a gas tank and wiring and brake lines and pedals and it's running. Which is to say, the price will soon jump to $7,000. After this next phase, I will finish out the rest of the details and paint it. It will then be a $10,000 reserve on Ebay.

I need the cash so let me know if you want it before it gets more pricey.

Last edited by fishguts; January 30th, 2012 at 09:40 AM.
fishguts is offline   Reply With Quote