Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Go Back   Cut-Weld-Drive Forums > The VolksRodders Forum > Members Intros and Project Updates!

Members Intros and Project Updates! New member introductions and project updates...
Your ongoing "journals"...

User Information
Your Avatar

Stuff to check out...

Cool stuff you NEED!

Forum Stats
Members: 16,619
Threads: 31,711
Total Online: 61

Newest Member: sledhead

Latest Threads
- by Manx
- by DrHax
- by FatDad

Old April 26th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #1
VonKartman
Forum Member

Default Umm...hello?? Anybody here??
Re:: ...it's me...the new guy...   

Ahhh...there you are!! Greetings and salutations!!!
Von Kartman calling. Pleased to make your acquaintance...:o)

Not gonna lie, I'm a true 'newb'...at least to this whole forum thing, anyway. Took me forever just to figure out where the heck the 'Member Introduction Area' was...let alone how to make this first post...lol. I was almost like this little guy here: Yeah, yeah...I know...get the ribbing out of the way now, kids... Anyhow, I happened upon this site and thought I'd partake, as it looks like there are some very like-minded individuals here. I've been into das VW's since I was a wee lad. My '63 Type 1, I bought as a graduation present from me to me and the '72 'not-quite-standard' Type 1, I picked up a couple years back. My white '63 is all original and will be getting a body-off-pan resto, along with the full 'Herbie' treatment. Why Herbie?...'cause Herbie is badass and he's the whole reason I fell in love with VW's in the first place...
Horrace...the '72...well, he's a whole 'nuther story... My intent was to build your typical Volksrod from him...chopped, sectioned, lowered, straight axle front w/ hairpins, big 'n little wide whites, etc... Well, the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to make him even that much more uni-q, so I figured 'no holds barred' on this one. He shall be an exact opposite to Herbie...much like in the remake movie back in the late 90's, but with a bit more modern flare in the appearance and driveline department... As I make progress, I'll be posting pics.

Cheers to all!!...:o)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01016.JPG (114.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01053.JPG (134.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01113.jpg (83.4 KB, 4 views)
VonKartman is offline   Reply With Quote