Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Go Back   Cut-Weld-Drive Forums > The VolksRodders Forum > Members Intros and Project Updates!

Members Intros and Project Updates! New member introductions and project updates...
Your ongoing "journals"...

User Information
Your Avatar

Stuff to check out...

Cool stuff you NEED!

Forum Stats
Members: 16,632
Threads: 31,716
Total Online: 60

Newest Member: tranthithuha8

Latest Threads
- by sandman

Old June 1st, 2012, 04:18 PM   #1
SCOTTRODS
Site Supporter

Default SCOTTRODS
Re:: Who Knows what'll happen here.   

I'm another Noob, but I'm old enough to have seen a fair bit. I Powder coat and have been a Volkswagen (classic) guy for over 20 years... took a few years off and now I'm trying to get my bearings again and do some more fun Stuff.

I currently have a Dune Buggy of ill repute. Sitting for many years. I've cut a KG chassis for it, and There it sits.... Needs more love and care for sure.

I also have a 71 Standard Beetle, that, if the previous owner hadn't done a cool crash into a wall with the left front, would be a DAMN nice Beetle. Since It's been wrecked, and I'm already into it for more than it's probably worth at this point, I'm unsure of what I want to do just yet, but I have a couple of VolksRod Pics that are screaming at me to "CUT IT UP!".... I'm gonna need some help with the front suspension mods and this seems to be the place to get some great tech info.

I'm not really good at keeping the flow going on a build thread, but if there's any progress, or even a decision made, I'll try and keep my info flow up to date. I'm starting a new Job next week, so it'll probably be slow starting. Reading and pondering are the order of the day for now.... at least for a few weeks.

I look forward to helping and being helped. This looks to be a great bunch of guys with commonality. Since I powder Coat too, I can help with recommendations and more as we go too. Just ask me if you need some advice related to pwoder coating... I do Custom Stuff only... no production line stuff here.

My name and my User name are pretty obvious. I'll try and get an avatar up soon.
SCOTTRODS is offline   Reply With Quote