Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Go Back   Cut-Weld-Drive Forums > The VolksRodders Forum > Members Intros and Project Updates!

Members Intros and Project Updates! New member introductions and project updates...
Your ongoing "journals"...

User Information
Your Avatar

Stuff to check out...

Cool stuff you NEED!

Forum Stats
Members: 16,752
Threads: 31,673
Total Online: 39

Newest Member: Uranium

Latest Threads
- by 1slo3
- by 1slo3

Old August 17th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #1
120clown
Forum Member

Default Newbie here

First off I'd like to introduce myself. I'm from green bay and just got done with and interesting Volkswagen adventure! I found a 1971 vw super beetle about two and a half hours from where I live I've dreamed of building a volksrod for the last few years and today I decided to finally pull the trigger!

So I set out on today's voyage and rode down to where the vw was. Checked it all over and said why not. So we made and exchange of money for the car and that's where the adventure began. I jumped in the 1971 super beetle and headed back home!

Ten miles down the road POOF nothing but a clowd of white smoke behind me :( so I pull over and notice the plastic piece on the oil spout is broken on he bottom and poured oil all over the engine :( so we limped it all the way home followed buy a trail of smoke :(

Then I stop at a parts store to see if they can get me a replacement and not to my Suprise they can't. So it's Internet searching time for me! So I get ready to leave and I can't seem to get the car into reverse :( so I had some freinds push it back and I made it home..

All in all I'm quite happy and have a ton of work in front of me... But that's why I started this adventure :)

Thanks for having me on the boards I can't wait to dig in and do some reading chopping and welding :)
120clown is offline   Reply With Quote