Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Go Back   Cut-Weld-Drive Forums > The VolksRodders Forum > Members Intros and Project Updates!

Members Intros and Project Updates! New member introductions and project updates...
Your ongoing "journals"...

User Information
Your Avatar

Stuff to check out...

Cool stuff you NEED!

Forum Stats
Members: 16,633
Threads: 31,716
Total Online: 79

Newest Member: ham

Latest Threads
- by sandman

Old August 20th, 2012, 12:46 AM   #1
meat03man
Forum Member

Default Intro 72 VW

Well not sure how an intro is supposed to go so I will tell you a little about myself and the VW. I found this website on accident, I was just looking for custom VW Beetle pictures and ran into this website. After about 2 minutes I knew this was something special, so I signed up quick. Took a LONG 4 days for my account to be activated so I could actually look at things. I would browse everything it would let me and checked multiple times a day to see if it was active yet, but here I am now.
Anyways about me, I am 27 married with 2 daughters, one is almost 3 the other is almost 6 months old. I ride a 07 Harley Road King whenever I can. I work for Norfolk Southern and actually really like my job. I read a lot and have been big on Stephen King lately.
On to the Bug. About 2 years ago my grandpa gave me a 72 VW Beetle he had won in a poker game about 5 years before that. He had kept it in his garage and just started it once a month or so but wouldn't sell it to me. After 5 years of asking he gave it to me. I rode it pretty often and then the gas tank sprung a leak. I waited a month or 2 and got a new gas tank, so the car had been sitting for about 3 months by the time the tank got to me and got installed and then the engine kept flooding out. I am not a mechanic and let me admit this right away I have no idea what I am doing, I don't have a garage to tear this thing apart and figure it out so I am in the process of taking it to a guy that does know what he is doing to have the thing fixed and tuned up as well as having the transmission fixed. (the transmission is fine going forward but in reverse it will kick itself out of gear and usually requires a push to make a reverse move) But I am hoping to get it in for a tune up and to have the transmission fixed soon. Then the next step will be to drop this thing a few inches. I hope to put the beam extenders on it and some white walls and bigger wheels by christmas then I want to chop this thing up some. My ultimate goal is to have the Voksrod finished within a year.
Oh well if you read all that mess then thanks. I am planning to do as much of this work as I can myself and like I said earlier I know nothing about cars or engines but I am willing to learn with some trial and error and lots of questions. So I will probably have lots of basic questions and any help would be greatly appreciated. Glad to be here and glad to meet you.
Jon
meat03man is offline   Reply With Quote