- by yimbo
- by JiI

Old January 1st, 2017, 05:57 AM   #1
alykat
Site Supporter

Default 2017

HappyNew Year everyone !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4490.jpg (66.0 KB, 26 views)
Old January 1st, 2017, 09:59 AM   #2
Number1tileguy
Site Supporter

To all of my VR family

"Happy New Year" 🎈🎉🎈

May we all get some work done on our Volksrods 😊...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

67' Volksrod 2276cc (sold)

72' Baja Champion SE 1776cc

66' Volkstruck 1641cc
Number1tileguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2017, 10:05 AM   #3
JiI
Forum Member

Location: Mokena, IL Yep, that's me falling down a sand dune in Michigan...
Member Photo Albums
Default Re: 2017

It better be better than last year. Lost 2 jobs, lost our kitty, can't find a new direction. Did get Mia though so that was the one positive.
Jeff
JiI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2017, 01:05 PM   #4
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

^ Plus, you have us and visa versa. This is a new year with new opportunities awaiting. Happy New Year!!!
V8Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2017, 05:56 PM   #5
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

That's what scares me Kim!
Jeff
Old January 2nd, 2017, 05:48 AM   #6
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my Volksrod Family, I wish ya's all the best for the coming year, y'all have no idea how much ya's mean to me,

Ahh yes, finally the beginning of a new year, 2016 wasn't to terribly bad to me seeing how the past 16 years have been a true Blessing, it had its Great moments & a bunch of bad moments I could have done without, but, just like every year for the last 16, I'll gladly take whatever is thrown my way no matter what they are

Today is exactly 16 year since my mom gave me one of her kidney's, 13 days ago I saw my Nephrologist, all is doing as well as can be expected with the complications I have had during these past 16 years, mostly the first 5 years after until my successful pancreas transplant, I did have a few weeks of terror after the pancreas, I was released from that hospital stay & the pharmacy gave me another Ronald Smith's medication for 13 days, it turned out ok except the not knowing what kind of damage it could have caused in these years to follow, again, I'll except whatever comes my way with a big ole smile on my face

Yesterday I did go out & started pulling apart the only decent IRS trans I have so I can exchange the reverse gears, I hope to get my Volksrod back on the road again by the end of January, I'm being completely positive until I know for sure if the reverse gear suffered any damage

Again, I wish ya's All a Fantastic New Year, & lot's a Love

Jeff, I sure hope Mia gives you & yours many happy & healthy years, & I can't forget this ,

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2017, 06:09 AM   #7
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my Volksrod Family, I wish ya's all the best for the coming year, y'all have no idea how much ya's mean to me,

Ahh yes, finally the beginning of a new year, 2016 wasn't to terribly bad to me seeing how the past 16 years have been a true Blessing, it had its great moments & a bunch of bad moments I could have done without, but, just like every year for the last 16 they have all been wonderful

Today is exactly 16 year since my mom gave me one of her slightly used kidney's, 13 days ago I saw my Nephrologist, all is doing as well as can be expected after 16 years with used parts & the complications that go with having someone else's body parts inside me, I'll except whatever comes my way with a big ole smile on my face

Yesterday I did go out & started pulling apart the only decent IRS trans I have so I can exchange the reverse gears, I hope to get my Volksrod back on the road again by the end of January weather permitting, I'm being completely positive until I know for sure if the reverse gear suffered any damage (I'll just try not to get into any predicaments where I need to back up without rolling down hill backwards)

Again, I wish ya's All a Fantastic New Year

Jeff, I sure hope Mia gives you & yours many happy & healthy years to come, oh yeah, I can't forget this

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS
Old January 2nd, 2017, 10:22 AM   #8
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Happy new year!
Last year I did some personal major mental attitude changes.
Got Dragon back on the road (even though I can't drive him in rain now due to cheap tires) Still has a shitty paint job but I no longer care what he looks like.
Got a pt job in 2 green houses that grow hydroponics lettuce.
Still have Horse (bronco) running just fine.
And had a great hunting season ( so far, 1 week left of gun) with 2 tags filled, a doe and a buck and took out 1 coyote after an encounter with a 6pt, I had only been 30 mins in the stand. My first Doe , I was in the stand 45 mins and they walked at sunset. Small buck came in with his twin 11 mins after I walked away from cam and was posting a pic on Facebook, he dropped 10mins after that, lol! Waited til sunset and tracked him and pulled him out all by myself since Hubby was still at work. I love quick hunts! I go out alot on my own, 1-3 times per week, tending cameras, dropping feed and just sitting. Hubby has 1 small doe ( 1 of 2 yearlings of my Doe 2 weeks later) on his tags. But we have 5 in the freezer with 2 hits right in front of the house, in the cooler with n 1 hour. Last one was seconds before we got home FROM hunting last Monday afternoon. There is absoluetly nothing wrong with doing that, as long as they aren't obliterated to pieces. These were both hits at 50 mph and side grazes but enough to do damage and kill them :-/
But The herd where we hunt around Uncle's cattle farm greatly improved since last year. Have plans to do more land improvements before Spring. Tractor is up and running good and works a 4 ft bush hog just fine. Atv is finally being nice, fuel cut of inline switch and using non ethanol gas was the trick!
(can you tell I love hunting? lolooo)
62 F100 has a new engine and it fired up Saturday, oh it's healthy now! Truck is getting some much needed tlc and hope to be back rolling by next Fall when he stops biking again.
Oh and finished the year off doing a painting
This year things are hopefully going to keep improving.
Keep looking up and forward~~~
Originally Posted by fishguts
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2017, 08:45 PM   #9
1jarhead2
Forum Member

Happy New Year to you all. May it be an epic year
1jarhead2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 06:48 AM   #10
fernon
Forum Member

Happy New Year. Hope everyone is doing great.

Forum Members Comments (Fernon's Chop)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Why do you have to "put your two cents in,"
but it's only a "penny for your thoughts"?
Where's that extra penny going to?

Just remember saying I'm sorry and appologizing are the same thing.
Unless you are at a funeral.
fernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 11:07 PM   #11
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmaster1766 View Post

Ahh yes, finally the beginning of a new year, 2016 wasn't to terribly bad to me seeing how the past 16 years have been a true Blessing, it had its great moments & a bunch of bad moments I could have done without, but, just like every year for the last 16 they have all been wonderful

Today is exactly 16 year since my mom gave me one of her slightly used kidney's, 13 days ago I saw my Nephrologist, all is doing as well as can be expected after 16 years with used parts & the complications that go with having someone else's body parts inside me, I'll except whatever comes my way with a big ole smile on my face

Yesterday I did go out & started pulling apart the only decent IRS trans I have so I can exchange the reverse gears, I hope to get my Volksrod back on the road again by the end of January weather permitting, I'm being completely positive until I know for sure if the reverse gear suffered any damage (I'll just try not to get into any predicaments where I need to back up without rolling down hill backwards)

Again, I wish ya's All a Fantastic New Year

Jeff, I sure hope Mia gives you & yours many happy & healthy years to come, oh yeah, I can't forget this

Ron

Thanks Ron. Mia is doing great. Oh, and by the way, right back at ya buddy!
Jeff
Old January 3rd, 2017, 11:10 PM   #12
1slo3
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Screw you

1slo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2017, 09:08 AM   #13
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

And, we're off to a rousing start of the Volksrodder's New Year.
V8Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2017, 09:18 AM   #14
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I love these family gettogethers...
Jeff
Old January 4th, 2017, 09:19 AM   #15
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jarhead2 View Post
Happy New Year to you all. May it be an epic year
If you build another kick-ass volksrod, it will be!
Jeff
Old January 4th, 2017, 10:42 AM   #16
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiI View Post
I love these family gettogethers...
Jeff
They can be lotsa fun

I decided that this year I'm gonna try to keep busy doing constructive things, towards the last few months of 2016 I only talked about the stupid stuff that happened & what all I wanted to do

2 years have past & I still haven't gotten my garage cleaned out yet
Last year I did however get rid of almost all of the unneeded VW front suspension parts I had laying in piles, the only S10 Blazer parts I think I have left are two transfer cases & two R 700 transmissions, I'm gonna try to sell the transfer cases, the transmissions I'm gonna scrap the insides of the one without reverse, the other the bellhousing is completely broken from when I crashed it, I was gonna try to put the insides of the broken one in the housing of the one that doesn't have reverse, I just can't get the one with the broken bellhousing to come out of the case, when I crashed it I must have bent everything inside it, I may keep the aluminum case to melt down, I know what alloy it is so it's good for making certain parts out of

Ron

I Love ya's ALL !!!

RSS