- by shindig
- by JiI
- by ahawes
- by Bugula
- by ahawes

Old November 11th, 2017, 09:12 AM   #5976
JiI
Forum Member

Location: Mokena, IL Yep, that's me falling down a sand dune in Michigan...
Member Photo Albums
Default Re: What did you do yesterday...

Got the chassis in the shop somehow, under the Coyote frame and on jackstands. Bolted in the springplates (no bars for now) and got the arms on. Actually found the right socket for the lugnuts and got the wheels on. Need to get my temp fake shocks on to set the ride height. Have to clean the shop as I'm going to have sparks flying soon!:wel der:
Jeff
JiI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2017, 08:28 AM   #5977
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Santa and his brown truck arrived yesterday. Brought the interior and upholstery for our T3. Since it's 24*F out, time to work in the basement.
Jeff
Old November 24th, 2017, 09:31 PM   #5978
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Worked on the driver's seat yesterday and got the window crank rebolted, the door panel on and the start of the carpet going in.
Also found out my Mustang II front end is coming from Speedway next week!
Jeff
Old November 25th, 2017, 06:06 AM   #5979
cretin
Forum Member

Got mine running again yesterday. "Rebuilt" the Weber progressive about a week ago. Wasn't terrible, but did have some varnish in it from sitting. It has been messed with over the years, but it works for now.

Also finally got the steering situation under control. The P.O. had a horrible cobbled together 7" extension, so I replaced it with a proper 10" unit with a brace, and a steering kit from Fab 104.

Since the steering was so boogered up, the steering kit didn't quite fit. Was a little bit too short. So I cut the input shaft off the old steering box and made it fit in the steering shaft. Added the spherical bearing, and I'm good to go.

Drove it to the mailbox with only the ebrake. No stinger, just the header. Crazy loud. I was so happy to drive it again after like a year and a half.

And I installed my new hood ornament

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk
cretin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2017, 08:30 AM   #5980
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

Good to see she's heading back toward the road. 'Nuthin' like a short drive to get ya motorvaited. New front end looks great....are those,um, 'air shocks?'
V8Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2017, 01:45 PM   #5981
cretin
Forum Member

You should see the rear. Driver's side is only attacked at the bottom. So only one shock, effectively, on the car. Had the wrong front wheel bearings. Old are 29mm id, new ones are 27mm. Oh well, driver's side front is missing the small spring. So I'll head up the road to Fisher Buggies Monday.

Before daylight savings time made me quit, I put the stinger back on, and took the front end adjusters back down. I love the look, but I know I'll die if I drive it like this daily.

Old November 25th, 2017, 03:17 PM   #5982
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

Die from grinning? Great looking machine!
Old November 25th, 2017, 09:27 PM   #5983
cretin
Forum Member

Dude, I was more excited when it fired up than I was when I was offered a job last week.

Old November 26th, 2017, 08:50 PM   #5984
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Carpet almost totally in. Seats are getting upholstered in the basement. They are so damn hard to do!!!!!
Jeff
Old November 28th, 2017, 01:04 PM   #5985
tattooed_pariah
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Not yesterday.. Spent all day on Thanksgiving putting my engine back together and putting it back in the car.. had to ratchet strap the #1 and 3 exhaust pipes to make the slip fits go into each other.. also discovered while fighting with the exhaust, that my engine/trans teeter totters about an inch up and down. front trans mount is on tightly and doesn't appear broken, so i'm guessing the part of the car where the mount attaches needs work. :/

tried firing it up on friday, it starts, but won't idle, which I expected with a baseline guess for jetting. but then i discovered that i've got a leak on part of my fuel line that drips about 3 inches in front of my #1 exhaust pipe.. I think it's the bulkhead fitting (-6AN lines) but not positive, so I stopped working on it until I have time to find the leak and fix it..

still need to reattach my front sway bar too.. someday...

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.
===========
Feel free to stare and admire,
but kindly tell me if it's on fire!

1972 VolksRod "Effigy" Build Thread
1986 Honda Shadow VT1100 Work Thread
tattooed_pariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2017, 08:27 PM   #5986
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Finished Rosie. We took her out for ice cream and then eggrolls.
https://scontent.ford1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...3f&oe=5A9A9895
https://scontent.ford1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...17&oe=5A895D2B
Jeff
Old December 1st, 2017, 09:22 AM   #5987
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

She looks like a fun ride, did you make her buy?
Old December 1st, 2017, 10:23 AM   #5988
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

No, and we already have around $1,600 in her, including shipping from Colorado. Taking her over to my in-laws to show them. They already have seen her but this is the first time we've taken her out to family/ daily use stuff. Still have to show my parents.
Jeff
Old December 2nd, 2017, 03:13 PM   #5989
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Hanging out with Rosie at the farm.
https://scontent.ford1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...c6&oe=5ACCF292

Jeff
Old December 3rd, 2017, 07:31 PM   #5990
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Started work on cleaning out the rear trunk and engine compartment. Took out a mouse house about the size of a softball under the manifold. Need to get the wet/ dry vac out and give it a good cleaning.
Santa came early last week and brought an entire Mustang II front end from Speedway Motors for the Coyote.
Jeff
Old December 14th, 2017, 08:51 PM   #5991
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

More early Santa today. Got an Afco master cylinder and connectors, a u-joint and some fiberglass seats that I'm going to modding the hell out of them to make them comfortable.
Jeff
Old December 15th, 2017, 10:37 AM   #5992
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

Santa is bringing me some goodies for the Single Cab. At one time I ran a 110 and then 140 hp Corvair and powerglide with the IRS. at the time, (1975 or so) I'd also converted to 12 volt and used a '65 Corvair ignition switch.
I've been working on the SC and found the ignition switch has become sketchy. Yesterday I ordered a new VW switch and door handles with matching keys, from Wolfsburg West. A new fuel gauge and sender are coming too. The ones I installed with the old 24 gallon tank I built in the mid-80s had showed from full to half-full only for the last ten years or so. With the new and slightly modified stock 10 gallon VW tank, things should improve.
Old December 15th, 2017, 08:24 PM   #5993
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

I won't know if Santa is going to be bringing me anything untill "The Day", I only have 2 things I really need and I have been good this year, altho I didn't fulfill all the things on my honey-do list this year but I do have a few good reasons, I'll get to them first thing in 2018 so I can continue on my own projects, I just don't know where to begin, I need to find a couple machining jobs to get some money for materials, then I can finish some knives that are long overdue, those found their way to me, I wish the machining business would find me a bit faster, I guess I'll just hafta start advertising the right way, we shall see

My tomorrows are going to be much better than my past few yesterdays, I'm finally starting to feel better

Ron

RSS
metalmaster1766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2017, 09:04 PM   #5994
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

Great to hear you're feeling better. Have a Merry Christmas!
Old December 16th, 2017, 11:25 PM   #5995
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Hey Ron! Healing fingers!!!!!!
:f inger::fin ger::finge r: :f inger::fin ger:

Jeff
Old December 17th, 2017, 09:14 AM   #5996
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

^ Jeff's version of, 'keeping a stiff upper lip.'
Old December 17th, 2017, 10:42 AM   #5997
JiI
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

If Ron can keep from laughing.
Jeff
Old January 16th, 2018, 03:02 AM   #5998
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Jeff, I try to laugh at everything

Altho this past Friday I wasn't laughing, it started to snow around 4 pm, I jumped into Trina's car and went to the store to get a few things, it's a little over a mile round trip, the store is a little over a hundred yards from us but walking it's a little further because I hafta walk thru my backyard then walk around the house behind mine, as I was leaving the store a woman who works there asked if I could drive her home, it wasn't that far, maybe about 3 miles total by the time I got home, her ride got stuck in the snow and wouldn't have gotten her home in time before her babysitter had to leave, when I left the house the car had a dusting of snow on it, by the time I got out to the car at the store it had 2 inches, it was coming down hard, so I drop the woman off and headed home, about a half mile from the house the car started shacking, so I slowed down thinking it was the snow, as I'm turning left onto the street that my street is off of the left front wheel falls off and the car drops to the ground, the fucking lug nut came off and stripped the studs, I was able to get 1 lug nut on and get the car home

Now I'll tell ya's what's been happening with the left front lug nuts since May, I bought new tires for the front the weekend before Memorial day, Saturday before Memorial day we drove to my wife's union picnic, it's about a 35 mile round trip, we took our granddaughters, about halfway home the car started shaking, the more I drove the worse it got, I stopped to see what was going on, the lugs were loose, I tightened them up went home, the went to the place I bought the tires to complain, they assured me they tightened them, so I asked them to check the car to see if anything was causing it, it needed a left front wheel bearing, I put one on, about 200 miles later Trina gets home from work and says the car is shaking again, the lug nut were loose, I tightened them back up, about 400 miles they come loose again, then back just before Christmas as we walked out of the doctors office she noticed a lug nut was missing from the same wheel, I got the lug wrench out and the one that was missing the stud was broken off, the other 3 were tight, I know I didn't tighten it enough to break it the last time it was loose, I'm thinking somebody it messing with it, I have 3 security cameras I need to put up, but the question is who would be doing this, I guess I need to put them up or sleep on the porch with a shotgun
I started to knock the stripped studs out yesterday but gave in do to the snow, the wind was blowing it right under the carport so bad I couldn't see what I was doing
Maybe I'll have better luck today, I'm gonna loctite them suckered on this time

Ron

RSS
Old January 16th, 2018, 12:42 PM   #5999
V8Transporter
Site Supporter

I can see why that would drive you 'nuts.' Sorry, I had to beat Jeff to it. Are you certain the nuts are the correct thread? In the past I've seen lugs with close but not really the same diameter and threads come loose. Then there are the holes in the (regular steel wheels) where the nuts seat. This doesn't apply with mags. They are designed to compress and provide a load when the lugs are torqued. Sometimes the wheels can be less than right. I'm pretty sure you know all this but, wtfo?
Old January 16th, 2018, 07:41 PM   #6000
metalmaster1766
Site Supporter

Member Photo Albums

Driving me nuts doesn't begin to explain how I'm feeling about it

It has the original alloy wheels and lug nuts that came with the car, altho I did replace one on the passengers side years ago
I do have reason to believe someone may have it in for one of us and our granddaughters, it has something to do with our oldest son who got himself into trouble back in May about a week before I bought the tires, I'd go into detail but this isn't the place for it, he tells us we have nothing to worry about, but he's lied to us one to many times

On the bright side of things my face is finally starting to get better from Bells Palsy, as of this morning the left side of my mouth is starting to open, I just hope it gets back to normal so I can smile, I don't like walking around with a mean look on my face

Ron

RSS

Tags
what did you do, yesterday