started painting the walls,
moved 90% of my stuff from the old house to the new house,
started cleaning the old house so the landlord will give back deposit,
did the brakes on the front end of my purple notch,
found piles of HAZMAT type stuff left in a shed on my new property,
cleared said materials,
painted some more,
redid the floor in my daughter's new bedroom
and slept about 6 hours all weekend. whew! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif[/img]
1slo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2005, 06:30 PM   #52
skaterwithasquare
Forum Member

I caught strep throat on friday, and have been sleeping all day every day since. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"
skaterwithasquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2005, 06:50 PM   #53
bugdust
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally posted by vwfanatic@Apr 12 2005, 07:02 AM
lap duty
<div align="right">Quoted post</div>
I don't know why but I find that pic disturbing [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img] No offense Dan but I hate cats.

Quote:
No pics, but oh well, if you really, really need to see metal removed, turn off your computer and work on your car... ~ Ray-Dean
bugdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2005, 07:43 PM   #54
vwfanatic
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

i find it disturbing too, that there are a few hundred cats there that dont have homes where they can get the love and attention that they so deserve because of stupid people that think that pets are disposable and when you get bored with them or move away or they sneeze, you throw them out. damn....you got me started [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yelling.gif[/img]

and no offense, but i hate people who hate cats [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]
vwfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2005, 07:48 PM   #55
walt
Forum Member

Another day in paradise.................Just sittin back covered in pussy hair.

Cats are my favorite people too.

I'm bilingual.......I talk to men and women

My Volks-Rod
Rat Patrol Web Page
Rat Patrol photos
Rat Patrol Car Build Thread
Rat Patrol Timeline
Rat Patrol Videos
(RIGHT click and choose SAVE TARGET AS and download to your PC)
Movie1
Movie2
walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2005, 07:58 PM   #56
daveyj
Forum Member

picked up new cap,points, condenser and rotor.
pruned apple tree ,
o.k, no job or yard work and i'd get more done [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko.gif[/img]

got two cats, one just passed away. he was a stray we took in.poor bastard.
thanks dan.

Subwoofer throbbing,
Spoiler bigger than the car.
Loser in Civic.

Freshly-brewed coffee
Rouses me on the commute,
When spilled in my lap.
daveyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2005, 09:05 PM   #57
bugdust
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally posted by vwfanatic@Apr 12 2005, 09:43 PM
i find it disturbing too, that there are a few hundred cats there that dont have homes where they can get the love and attention that they so deserve because of stupid people that think that pets are disposable and when you get bored with them or move away or they sneeze, you throw them out. damn....you got me started [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yelling.gif[/img]

and no offense, but i hate people who hate cats [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]

I got you started? Cool ,that's what I'm here for. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] We actually have a cat (& a dog, if you consider a dachsund a dog [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] , actually, he's a pretty good dog). I don't particularly care for either one but I'm not an animal person. I don't hate them or anything, I could just do without them and be fine [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] The wife & kids love them and are always spending $$ on them [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]

Quote:
No pics, but oh well, if you really, really need to see metal removed, turn off your computer and work on your car... ~ Ray-Dean
bugdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2005, 04:19 AM   #58
vwfanatic
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

no biggy charlie.....there are animal lovers, and there are those other stupid people....... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rollingeyes.gif[/img]

sorry, i cant stop.

my cats are my kids [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub.gif[/img]
Old April 13th, 2005, 04:43 AM   #59
busguy71
Forum Member

I was gonna put insurance back on my bus last night, but it would be like 500 every 6 months because I'm freakin 23...even though no accidents or tickets.....so I looked up classic car insurance and I'm getting a policy through Hagerty for 90 bucks a year!!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img] that means the extra $410 is going into the volksrod when it arrives.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]

X- GT40 builder

This weeks job: pharmacudical courier
busguy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2005, 04:50 AM   #60
vwfanatic
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

tom

make sure you read the restrictions on the hagerty policy.....may have limited milage and may not be able to drive to and from work. OK if nothing happens, but if there is a claim.....they WILL research it.
Old April 13th, 2005, 04:56 AM   #61
busguy71
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by vwfanatic@Apr 13 2005, 03:50 AM
tom

make sure you read the restrictions on the hagerty policy.....may have limited milage and may not be able to drive to and from work. OK if nothing happens, but if there is a claim.....they WILL research it.
I only drive the thing about 1000 miles a year, I got a garage, and I really dont plan on crashing it this year [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

X- GT40 builder

Old April 13th, 2005, 05:02 AM   #62
vwfanatic
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

just trying to help tom.....i didnt plan on crashing my super a few years back either......but just had to see how much fun getting glass plucked out of your forehead in the emergency room could be. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img]
Old April 13th, 2005, 06:27 AM   #63
wlfhwk1
Forum Member

Talking

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img] Well Sunday I got my new to me 64 bettle home. Long trip long day.
Monday I started cleaning the 10 years of dust and crap off of it and cleaning out the inside. Yesterday I took off the bumpers and finished cleaning out the inside. I put it in my garage which I built a door for yesterday also. Once I got it in the garage in jack it up and put it on jackstands. I started looking at the engine and trany. I didn't think it has the orginal engine in it. today I will hopefully get the fenders off and get the seat removed. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smokin.gif[/img]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 38Chevy454 View Post
Easy and cheap, two of Volksrodders favorite words. Works for car parts or girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiism View Post
Quote:
I didn't mind the bra but it would look better with it off.

Doesn't everything?!?
wlfhwk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2005, 07:17 AM   #64
BIG BAD BUG
Forum Member

Do I need to wait till tomorrow to tell you a bought another Beetle Today...???
ooopps... I did it now...
Bought a 2 owner '74 from A little old lady of 70+ years who's had it since Almost New...
Needs a little work, but it's still registered and running and it was Very Cheap...
That makes 6 Beetles and a kombi... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko.gif[/img]
I better start a dealership... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

Oh, I like cats...

But I couldn't eat a whole one... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]

Kidding...!! .. I do like 'em..

Really... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
~We'll get you kicked outta your house.
BIG BAD BUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2005, 07:50 AM   #65
hotrodheb

I spent all day yesterday sitting in a courtroom on jury duty! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yelling.gif[/img] They went through 47 people before both sides were happy with the 12 jurors and 1 alternate. Luckily I was one of the three out of the original 50 that got to go home without having to sit in the Jury box.

No more jury duty for at least a year!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img]

Oh and when I got home, I had to move the TV (vcr,dvd, satellite box and extend the coax cable!) and move a 50 gallon fish tank to another room. All because my wife is on spring break this week and wants to rearrange the fucking house! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yelling.gif[/img]

"READ more... post LESS." - Steve

"Girls who weld kick ass!" - Notched

"Grumpy, the new master of Anti-Donk." - TurboPunk

hotrodheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2005, 01:52 PM   #66
alltypesvw
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by busguy71@Apr 13 2005, 06:43 AM
I was gonna put insurance back on my bus last night, but it would be like 500 every 6 months because I'm freakin 23...even though no accidents or tickets.....so I looked up classic car insurance and I'm getting a policy through Hagerty for 90 bucks a year!!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img] that means the extra $410 is going into the volksrod when it arrives.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]
if the bus is the one in your avatar, it looks like a westy, I had a westywhen I was in college as my daily driver, I registered it as a mobile home because it qualified (2 beds, sink, stove, fridge) not only was insurance a hell of alot cheaper (90 a half instead of 600 a half) but my friends could consume alcohol in the back while operating and I had unlimited milage on my policy I'd just have to call the insurance company and tell them that I went somewhere way far away everyonce in a while.
Old April 13th, 2005, 02:32 PM   #67
purplepeopleeater
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by alltypesvw+Apr 13 2005, 12:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(alltypesvw @ Apr 13 2005, 12:52 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-busguy71@Apr 13 2005, 06:43 AM
I was gonna put insurance back on my bus last night, but it would be like 500 every 6 months because I'm freakin 23...even though no accidents or tickets.....so I looked up classic car insurance and I'm getting a policy through Hagerty for 90 bucks a year!!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img]  that means the extra $410 is going into the volksrod when it arrives.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]  [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]
if the bus is the one in your avatar, it looks like a westy, I had a westywhen I was in college as my daily driver, I registered it as a mobile home because it qualified (2 beds, sink, stove, fridge) not only was insurance a hell of alot cheaper (90 a half instead of 600 a half) but my friends could consume alcohol in the back while operating and I had unlimited milage on my policy I'd just have to call the insurance company and tell them that I went somewhere way far away everyonce in a while.
[/b][/quote]

hahaha, sweet deal....when i get my westy i'll remember that [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]
purplepeopleeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2005, 07:01 PM   #68
ConductorX
Forum Member

Tonight I pulled the seats out of the sand rail and I am getting ready to cut the car in half to realign the rear torsion tube level with the rest of the car.

No one ever says "It's only a game." when his team is winning.
ConductorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2005, 07:05 AM   #69
vwfanatic
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

oh???? do tell [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Idunno.gif[/img]
Old April 14th, 2005, 08:59 PM   #70
wlfhwk1
Forum Member

Talking

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smokin.gif[/img] Well It was almost yesterday, so it was actually this afternoon. A friend of mine has had a lot of bug parts sitting in his garage for 11 years and today he loaded me up with 2 complete engines and a whole bunch of bits. He still has a 73 super w/ a 1700cc that I want that part. disassembled. The girlfriend wants it for a baja and I want the engine for my rod so hopefully it will work out. Nothing actually done today. stupid work. almost midnight so I'm tired and heading to bed. later. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sleeping.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sleeping.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sleeping.gif[/img]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 38Chevy454 View Post
Easy and cheap, two of Volksrodders favorite words. Works for car parts or girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiism View Post
Quote:
I didn't mind the bra but it would look better with it off.

Doesn't everything?!?
wlfhwk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2005, 09:58 AM   #71
ConductorX
Forum Member

I cut the sand rail in half last night to fix the misaligned tranny. I realigned the steering box and installed the steering wheel and shaft.

"G"

No one ever says "It's only a game." when his team is winning.
ConductorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2005, 11:09 AM   #72
purplepeopleeater
Forum Member

i brought home my 2 new bugs....mashed up the 68 auto stick pretty good unloading it....tore a tranny line....bent the header.....bent the t-bars [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crybaby.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crybaby.gif[/img]

oh well...almost fixed as of last night
purplepeopleeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2005, 06:37 PM   #73
FlatBlacker
Forum Member

Yesterday I pulled the motor and transmission out of my beetle [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]
FlatBlacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2005, 06:47 PM   #74
Steve
Administradora El Polacko

Member Photo Albums

Ok... something car related... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek1.gif[/img]

Well, didn't really "DO" anything to the 'Buncher...
But I did make an appointment to have the belly-burner exhaust welded up for next Wednedsay! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img]

...ok, so that was lame. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2005, 07:04 PM   #75
busguy71
Forum Member

so today I decided to go into the woods and "aquire" a free roof off an abandoned beetle. I was sawing it with my buddy when I busted my knuckle and it started gushing blood. He gave me a used tissue and it quickly bled through that. I got back to my car and tied a used sock on it til I got home. Then I put a bandaid and some tape on it, but it bled through that cause it kept bending. Then I figured I'd put a splint on it so it wouldnt bend, but I didnt have any popsicle sticks, so I had to eat a popsicle. That gave me nasty brain freeze. I finally taped it up with the popsicle stick, but the wood was sticking way out past my finger. So I took the same saw I was using when I busted my knuckle and sawed off the popsicle stick on my finger. Then I ground the stick, on my finger, on the grinding wheel. Thank god for boy scouts training [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/imwithstupid.gif[/img]

X- GT40 builder

Tags
what did you do, yesterday