- by yimbo
- by JiI

Old April 15th, 2005, 08:42 PM   #76
crack monkey
Capt A's super package

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve@Apr 15 2005, 09:47 PM
Ok... something car related... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek1.gif[/img]

Well, didn't really "DO" anything to the 'Buncher...
But I did make an appointment to have the belly-burner exhaust welded up for next Wednedsay! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img]
<div align="right">Quoted post</div>
right on brotha man!

that is going to look sick!

i brought home my 58's actual pan from grandmas house tonight... its still sitting in my truck though..... plan is to clean it all up so this winter i can swap the body onto it.
So don't tell me that I wouldn't drive to VT to pick up a rusted piece of shit.~scott76
Quote:
If a dictionary could take a shit...
it would look like that sentence.~steve
Random stuff I am looking for: Dont think there is anything at the moment
www.solar4soldiers.org (I am starting a non-profit to put solar panels on to disabled veterans homes. PM me for more details)
crack monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2005, 09:15 PM   #77
walt
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by busguy71@Apr 15 2005, 06:04 PM
so today I decided to go into the woods and "aquire" a free roof off an abandoned beetle. I was sawing it with my buddy when I busted my knuckle and it started gushing blood. He gave me a used tissue and it quickly bled through that. I got back to my car and tied a used sock on it til I got home. Then I put a bandaid and some tape on it, but it bled through that cause it kept bending. Then I figured I'd put a splint on it so it wouldnt bend, but I didnt have any popsicle sticks, so I had to eat a popsicle. That gave me nasty brain freeze. I finally taped it up with the popsicle stick, but the wood was sticking way out past my finger. So I took the same saw I was using when I busted my knuckle and sawed off the popsicle stick on my finger. Then I ground the stick, on my finger, on the grinding wheel. Thank god for boy scouts training [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/imwithstupid.gif[/img]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]

You're nuckin futs.

I'm bilingual.......I talk to men and women

My Volks-Rod
Rat Patrol Web Page
Rat Patrol photos
Rat Patrol Car Build Thread
Rat Patrol Timeline
Rat Patrol Videos
(RIGHT click and choose SAVE TARGET AS and download to your PC)
Movie1
Movie2
walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2005, 11:00 PM   #78
spraypaintspecial
Forum Member

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img] I found out tonight that a buddy is getting a new bug project, but doesn't want the running 1600.... $400 and its Mine. Nothing better than two engines!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old April 16th, 2005, 05:24 AM   #79
mkparker
Forum Member

OK...I'll jump in.....replaced the starter on the wife's 2000 Intrepid....OH...MY....GOD!
Almost 4 hours and many cuts, scrapes and really bad words later....tada! I'm pretty sure the starter was the first part of the car they started with...then added the rest around it....who could be so stupid to design a car this way?(rhetorical) I had to disassemble the old starter in place so I could get it out...not wanting to do the same to the new unit, I ground about a half inch off the motor mount......popped right in. New(er) cars suck when ya have to work on 'em! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]

Today we're off to see "Dust to Glory"!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

mkparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2005, 07:59 PM   #80
speedfreak
Forum Member

just got back from a 12 hour round trip drive to bring home my '64 hdtp we start on it tomorrow, damn, it's about time!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img]
speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2005, 08:01 PM   #81
NICKSTER

Quote:
Originally posted by speedfreak@Apr 16 2005, 06:59 PM
just got back from a 12 hour round trip drive to bring home my '64 hdtp we start on it tomorrow, damn, it's about time!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img]

Right on! Start cutting........................... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img]
Old April 17th, 2005, 07:49 AM   #82
juggalo
Forum Member

Got back last night with my brand spankin new $800 '65. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img](thanks nickster for the tow bar [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img] ) pics will be up in a couple days while i am waiting on a new charger for my digital camera(dont ask [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yelling.gif[/img] )

Its better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're and idiot than to open your mouth and to prove them right.

<a href=\'http://volksrods.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9096&hl=\' target=\'_blank\'>My Intro[/url]
juggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2005, 10:54 AM   #83
pistolpete76
Pinstriper Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve@Apr 15 2005, 05:47 PM
Ok... something car related... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek1.gif[/img]

Well, didn't really "DO" anything to the 'Buncher...
But I did make an appointment to have the belly-burner exhaust welded up for next Wednedsay! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img]

no way steve, thats cool, its progress right man, plus its custom and its going to rock

...ok, so that was lame. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]
pistolpete76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2005, 07:46 PM   #84
ConductorX
Forum Member

Saturday:

Saturday I removed the broken flexplate from the autostick. My first pass at welding on a new bolt and I burnt a new hole in the flex plate.

I took a piece of another plate and made a patch.

Once the patch was made I setup the new bolt for welding.

I tack welded all the bolts to the plate.

Afterwards EJ and I installed the engine and only have the wiring and exhaust to finish.

We also checked EJ's front brakes and replaced his rear brake shoes. After adjusting his brakes and and a test drive in the neighborhood EJ was pleased with the results.

No one ever says "It's only a game." when his team is winning.
ConductorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2005, 07:48 PM   #85
ConductorX
Forum Member

Sunday:

Woke up at 3:00am with an unreal sinus headache. Couldn't lay down, sit up or see anything. Took some Excedrin Migraine and finally got back to sleep at 4am. 6:30 I got an urgent phone call from a guy with generator problems wanting to know about polarizing the thing to get it generating. After refering him to several good websites I tried to return to the land of nod. Couldn't sleep now... looked up wiring diagram and called him back.

Today Jerry and I installed a header and sorted out some of the wiring on the autostick.

The header was a used item, I wire brushed it and cleaned it with POR-15 metal prep. Then we painted the whole header and muffler with POR-20 high temp rust fighting paint. I'll keep you posted on how it works.

The car is a nightmare, trying to decipher the wiring diagram and the insert diagram for an autostick. We filled the engine with oil and auto tank with tranny fluid.

Jerry installed a filter in the fuel line under the fuel tank. I put in a new fuel filter after the fuel pump.

After making some minor wiring repairs we were able to start the car.

I don't have any of the autostick controls wired so we couldn't drive it. :p

I feel we made good progress and I regret missing the Boomtown show.
Old April 18th, 2005, 04:32 AM   #86
vwfanatic
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

2 swap meets this weekend....went to jersey friday to shop....found a $20 hood for the project, they yesterday we vended at an awesome swap put on by a model A club in upstate massachusetts.....still didnt find a pickup bed though [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cry.gif[/img]

also fabricated my custom dash up at jim's shop saturday, and primed it last night....light sanding and some blitz black, and it will be ready to fly out west with me to be honored by the brush of pistol pete [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img]
vwfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2005, 05:26 AM   #87
BOOOGHAR
Forum Member

i went outside to my car, looked at it, kicked the front apron, it fell off, i got mad then went back inside [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img]
Old April 18th, 2005, 05:30 AM   #88
crack monkey
Capt A's super package

buhahaha... i went to boooghar's house and messed with his front apron so when he would come out and kick it ,..... it would fall off
So don't tell me that I wouldn't drive to VT to pick up a rusted piece of shit.~scott76
Quote:
If a dictionary could take a shit...
it would look like that sentence.~steve
Random stuff I am looking for: Dont think there is anything at the moment
www.solar4soldiers.org (I am starting a non-profit to put solar panels on to disabled veterans homes. PM me for more details)
crack monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2005, 07:35 AM   #89
NICKSTER

I took my 11 year old daughter Janine, we stold Momma's Hummer, and headed to Las Vegas Motor Speedway for the Powerade Finals! Got to the ticket window, spent $90.00 on the best reserved handicapped seats they had, and proceed by golfcart to the pits!. (The NHRA really takes great car of us handicapped folks). We looked around for about 5 minutes and I heard them fire up the top fuel dragsters for one of the semi-final rounds. Well, my little girl freaked out! She has never been to the races before and she was completely overcome by the noise! She was crying so hard she was shaking! Well, we never even got to our seats! I thought she was going to pass out she was crying so hard! Needless to say, we left! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crybaby.gif[/img] Then we went to I-Hop, had some fancy pancakes,then went home to watch the races on TV. (I cranked up the pair of subwoofers in my game room and she started hitting me!) Other than that, I had a great day! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/confused.gif[/img]
Old April 18th, 2005, 09:16 AM   #90
ConductorX
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by NICKSTER@Apr 18 2005, 06:35 AM
I took my 11 year old daughter Janine, we stold Momma's Hummer, and headed to Las Vegas Motor Speedway for the Powerade Finals! Got to the ticket window, spent $90.00 on the best reserved handicapped seats they had, and proceed by golfcart to the pits!. (The NHRA really takes great car of us handicapped folks). We looked around for about 5 minutes and I heard them fire up the top fuel dragsters for one of the semi-final rounds. Well, my little girl freaked out! She has never been to the races before and she was completely overcome by the noise! She was crying so hard she was shaking! Well, we never even got to our seats! I thought she was going to pass out she was crying so hard! Needless to say, we left! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crybaby.gif[/img] Then we went to I-Hop, had some fancy pancakes,then went home to watch the races on TV. (I cranked up the pair of subwoofers in my game room and she started hitting me!) Other than that, I had a great day! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/confused.gif[/img]
Bummer dude. Need to get her a set of headphone style ear muffs. She'll get the hang of the noise easier.
Old April 19th, 2005, 12:24 AM   #91
ThrasherBill
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Got a pair of 145's today so I can get Herr Pie's nose out of the air for this weekend. Tomorrow night I'll be messing with the carb (seems to have crap floating around in it causing it to bog everyonce in a while) and hopefully get my new signal switch installed.

ThrasheR

a silent neighbor lady watching bremelo seeking canadian pinstriping lurker~

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkl Ian View Post
Don't worry about other people.Most of them don't care about you.
ThrasherBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2005, 04:31 AM   #92
ConductorX
Forum Member

So from the calendar and from looking at my posts I started working on the Autostick some 60 days ago on February 18th. Last night I continued sorting out the wiring issues. I got the wiring mostly sorted out.

Last night (Monday) I drove an autostick for the first time in my life. It is actually kind of fun to drive and still has some bugs to work out. After the road test Alex got to drive it back into the barn.

I successfully converted it from generator to alternator. Oil pressure sender and gas gauge works. All lights appear to work.

Horn doesn't work.

I have to pull the pulley... rubbing on the tin ware.

Doesn't seem to have any pep but I didn't want to push it.

Brake pedal leans over the wrong way.

I have to decipher the tranny interlock switch... it is bypassed.

I have to complete the floor board repairs.

I have to set up the heater boxes and hoses.

I have to install the rest of the tin on the bottom of the motor.

Alex has started sanding the body. Think she is jumping the gun but let her go for it.
Old April 19th, 2005, 11:22 AM   #93
BIG BAD BUG
Forum Member

Nickster that story reminds me of the time I treated my brother and his wife and 4yo daughter to a day at the Royal Show... (You guys call 'em Fairs I think)..
Anyway there was a busker there, (you guys call Them sidewalk performers I think), and his main act was/is sword swallowing... (You calls call that Sword Swallowing too I think)... This guys is actually a friend of my brother and if you check the Guiness Book of World Records under Sword Swallowing, you'll find him in there...
So anyway, He starts his act and does a swallowing routine first with one of those big long balloons that clowns make balloon dogs and stuff like that out of...
Well, and Here's the BIG tip for yuz, a 4 Year Old after a morning of going Hard at the Doughnuts, ice cream, ribs, corn, chips, fairly floss, (you guys call that cotton candy), soft drinks (you guys call that Soda, or Pop) and other assorted Fair Ground Treats.... THE LAST THING you EVER want to DO, is let a 4 Year Old girl with a weak, and Very FULL Stomach, watch a guy doing any sort of show involving swallowing objects...!!!! Particually, when you're standing in a shoulder to shoulder crowd at the fair ground with a child that is elevated, so as to see the show....!!!
I tell ya, it was like a scene from The fuckin' Exorcist, except there was no Priest... How the hell that kid was able to spray vomit like that is still a mystery to me, to this very day... But I gotta tell ya... It took all of an hour for me to finally stop Laughing...!!!
aahhhhhhhhhhhhh....
Good times.... funny shit...

But I digress... What did I do...??? I got closer to making a descision about which car I'm gunna use to build what Volksrod...
~We'll get you kicked outta your house.
BIG BAD BUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2005, 07:32 PM   #94
Steve
Administradora El Polacko

Member Photo Albums

Ok... well, it was today and I can't wait for tomorrow, but...

just got back fromt the glass shop to have the 'Buncher's windshield chopped! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img] Should have it by Thursday!

And yesterday, I continued a mad thrash to get my garage organized and tore apart my headlights so I can modify them to be actual headlights...

Turns out that old 5" foglight bulbs have different tabs molded around the bulb than standard 5" headlight bulbs. So they won't fit into the housings. I had to order tractor lights with the single tab (instead of the 3 that a standard bulb has).

So yeah... I know that made no sense to anyone but me... but that's ok. Yay for me. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2005, 07:49 PM   #95
bugdust
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

I'm still trying to get my workshop finished. The service panel is mounted and the conduit is done, should have the actual wire in tomorrow so I can have power [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img]

Quote:
No pics, but oh well, if you really, really need to see metal removed, turn off your computer and work on your car... ~ Ray-Dean
bugdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2005, 07:49 PM   #96
walt
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve@Apr 19 2005, 07:32 PM

just got back fromt the glass shop to have the 'Buncher's windshield chopped! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img] Should have it by Thursday!

And yesterday, I continued a mad thrash to get my garage organized and tore apart my headlights so I can modify them to be actual headlights...

Turns out that old 5" foglight bulbs have different tabs molded around the bulb than standard 5" headlight bulbs. So they won't fit into the housings. I had to order tractor lights with the single tab (instead of the 3 that a standard bulb has).

So yeah... I know that made no sense to anyone but me... but that's ok. Yay for me. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]
I'm bringing all of my wiring stuff. What else do we need?

My Volks-Rod
Rat Patrol Web Page
Rat Patrol photos
Rat Patrol Timeline
Rat Patrol Videos
Movie1
Movie2
Old April 19th, 2005, 08:04 PM   #97
Steve
Administradora El Polacko

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally posted by walt+Apr 19 2005, 06:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(walt @ Apr 19 2005, 06:49 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Steve@Apr 19 2005, 07:32 PM

just got back fromt the glass shop to have the 'Buncher's windshield chopped! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img]  Should have it by Thursday!

Turns out that old 5" foglight bulbs have different tabs molded around the bulb than standard 5" headlight bulbs.  So they won't fit into the housings.  I had to order tractor lights with the single tab (instead of the 3 that a standard bulb has).

So yeah... I know that made no sense to anyone but me... but that's ok.  Yay for me. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]
I'm bringing all of my wiring stuff. What else do we need?
[/b][/quote]

I got a harness in place... just need to connect the dots. The very VERY confusing dots... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]

Just got a fresh new battery... Gotta fabricate brackets for it yet.

Um... one thing I do need is a good suggestion on connecting the straight hollow steering shaft to the splined shaft at the steering box.. It's a straight shot, all lined up and the right length and everything... just curious about the actual "connecting them up" part. I've heard welding it is not good... Right now there's just a bolt going through them both to let me steer it around in the driveway.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2005, 08:19 PM   #98
speedfreak
Forum Member

hey steve, I think Flaming River makes an adapter to do that with your steering shaft... if I remember right, it's an adapter with set screws that slips over each shaft..

so, today my son and I removed all of the necessary bolts, wires etc. to take the body off of the '64. now we just need to make room in the garage to stash the body!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img]
speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2005, 09:01 PM   #99
walt
Forum Member

You should probably be using the stock rag joint. I'll bring one if you don't have one.

My Volks-Rod
Rat Patrol Web Page
Rat Patrol photos
Rat Patrol Timeline
Rat Patrol Videos
Movie1
Movie2
Old April 20th, 2005, 04:24 AM   #100
vwfanatic
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

steve - we machined a few thousandths off the inside of the shaft and it was a tight press fit in. then we slotted the shaft so it could be plug welded to the end of the SB steering shaft. pix near the beginning of my intro page

oh and i dug out some very slightly used heater channels i had (were welded into a car that was bailed on (well actually became the buggarden) and were then cut back out)....anyway, i cleaned and ground off all the welds and boogers and other remains and got them ready to go in. also started getting the box ready to transport pistol p-ete's canvas out west [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img]
vwfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
what did you do, yesterday