Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Go Back   Cut-Weld-Drive Forums > The VolksRodders Forum > Members Intros and Project Updates!

Members Intros and Project Updates! New member introductions and project updates...
Your ongoing "journals"...

User Information
Your Avatar

Stuff to check out...

Cool stuff you NEED!

Forum Stats
Members: 16,619
Threads: 31,711
Total Online: 50

Newest Member: sledhead

Latest Threads
- by Manx
- by DrHax
- by FatDad

Old October 24th, 2005, 09:41 AM   #26
cybernotchback
Forum Member

No progress, I just wanted to put down some ideas that I've worked out.

I never really liked the look of the curved sedan windshield frame top being left on when the top is cut off. You know how it curves up and over the top of the stock vent windows. Makes it look like the car was once a sedan, and not a factory Vert. So the plan for the windshield frame is a combination of ideas from several sources, (mostly looking at John Jaranson's T3 led sled, and this image),
This is cropped from this page, http://www.geocities.com/greatfusca/Phot1650.jpg I asked for and was granted permission to use this for my own personal use. My sincerest thanks go to Pascal Meslet the artist, and Alexander Gromow, who's site is listed above .

I have a set of Bug Vert door vent windows, left overs form a friends '62 Vert project. And thought they would fit the bill nicely to give me the flat topped windows. This will make fitting the top that much easier. And give the factory Vert look that I'm after. I haven't measured anything just yet, only held in place to see how feasable this will be. The frame will need to be chopped, and most likely stood up a bit as well. I'll be fitting the Rabbit Vert top frame, and the vent windows, and then go from there. That's not going to happen for a while though.

Last edited by cybernotchback; July 11th, 2006 at 08:37 PM.
cybernotchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2006, 05:15 PM   #27
cybernotchback
Forum Member

Default Re: cybernotchback

Here's a bit of work I did back in March.

The passengers side heater channel was a bit rusty in the front near and below the foot well heater vents. So here's a few disection photos of how it's put together.

Here's what's left of the heater vents and the bottom plate. It was a bit bent up anyway, I got it that way.

Here's a shot of the inner structure of the vent area, and also where it turns 90* and then goes up the inner door jamb and then on to the dash vents.

How the inner and outer structures are put together.

And from another angle.

Luckily most of the rusty metal was limited to the heat ducting itself, and not the inner or outer skins. I need to also replace one body mount captive nut/mount plate. But since I need to also make the "dog leg" structure, I can just extend the bottom plate to include this part of the bottom plate as well.

I hope to be back in the garage soon.
Old February 24th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #28
cybernotchback
Forum Member

Default Re: cybernotchback

A bit of work, done on or before 1/26/13, and then again 2/18/13. I spent some time remaking the inner heat vent area of the HC. The original was bent and rusty so I remade the parts. A couple shots of the original part for comparison. and

Then the start of the inner structure of the heat vent area this ties the heat tube to the floor vent and the A pillar for the defrost. There is a flap that diverts the air to defrost or floor vent. This needs a bit more work.

A few shots of the pieces put together and on the HC:

I should mention that the HC came from a later model 'Back, and mine is a '65 so the vent area will look and function like a later model with the remote cable adjustable heat/defrost vents.

Last edited by cybernotchback; February 24th, 2013 at 02:57 PM.