Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Go Back   Cut-Weld-Drive Forums > The VolksRodders Forum > Members Intros and Project Updates!

Members Intros and Project Updates! New member introductions and project updates...
Your ongoing "journals"...

User Information
Your Avatar

Stuff to check out...

Cool stuff you NEED!

Forum Stats
Members: 17,472
Threads: 32,236
Total Online: 535

Newest Member: jessup

Latest Threads
- by yimbo
- by JiI

Old August 2nd, 2005, 09:01 AM   #1
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums
Default purplemyth
Re:: the Dragon's cave   

just doin the intro thing.
I'm a wife who shares the work with my husband on our bugs and the bugs we fix for other people. No buziness, shop, just a hobby. We have never been ordinary, so it's nice to find a site where being different is normal.
My husband does the welding, fabrication, modifications, all over paint and most of the engine work. I do the body work, from hitting with hammers to the final fill. I help with interior design, and I do airbrushing.And make concept cars on the comp. and paper. I help with the engine work too. (tiny fingers and find the parts he misplaces!) But have no problems getting greasy. total tomboy at heart.
Glad to see so many artists here too. I've dabbled in too many things but always come back to paint. But other things like wood have found a use in the cars too.
I'm a home body, 2 boys, neither seem to be interested in any of our vehicles. School starts in a few days , then I can get back to work on cars. Ga. heat has run both of us from the garage lately.
looking forward to reading .

C&R BUGS

ps:just for the record. I'm a normally funny person. if, in my goofyness, I stepp on yours toes, I apologise now. I also talk in detail, I am trying to keep both undercontrol.I'm not a typical girl.
Originally Posted by fishguts
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2005, 09:30 AM   #2
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

I guess I should put some pics in of my ride.
this was the beginning. A group of 6 cars for $300. this lil red car was the main reason we got them.the others will take more time to make drivable.

My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
Old August 6th, 2005, 09:36 AM   #3
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

while fixing all the mess,,I did concept drawings and decided the color and art i wanted on it.
Old August 6th, 2005, 09:41 AM   #4
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

these are the concepts I came up with ,only after days of switching colors
Old August 6th, 2005, 09:44 AM   #5
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

this was work on the interior

Old August 6th, 2005, 09:59 AM   #6
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

the paint is a base coat , clearcoat.a customized ford mustang purple, more black, metalflake and pearl added. and the silver was tweeked with some purple pearl. then it was wet sanded and buffed.

Old August 6th, 2005, 10:05 AM   #7
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

I made my design, cut my stencils, and by the next night it was painted.

Old August 6th, 2005, 10:17 AM   #8
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

the engine, we found out a few days ago, is a type III case. it came out of a baja in the group of 6. we put flat top pistons in it and new heads. He (hubby)tells me it's still a 1600 engine. I just know it'll move when I want it too!
He bought a pr of monza tips, and welded them together with a divider inside. I've never heard of porsche engine , he tells me that what it sounds like now. It has a nice low rumble to it, I like loud .
Old August 6th, 2005, 10:27 AM   #9
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

So, now I drive around our not so lil town, and people know the car. I'm going to put a # on the rear window in hopes of getting some art work. A couple of folks have made offers to buy it, 'not until I'm bored with it' I tell them. I'm not done, I want to put some small stripes ,similiar to what pistol pete does, but I'm not a pinstriper so I'm gonna make overlapping stencils.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/crbug...600004Small.jpg
Old September 6th, 2005, 07:37 AM   #10
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

the super bee baja we're working on. I finally got around to putting in pics.
This is not a personal car for us, it's for an 11 yr girl. it had an autostick in it and a reg engine. it's going out and the type 4 is going in. as of today we have it sitting in primer. we hope to paint the body , get it out and get the fenders done. Here's a couple of before, when the owner brought it over, and the front ende trimmed out, I'll put currents in later,, but primer is sorta boring

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71...143/1Small.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71...143/2Small.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/crbugs143/3.jpg

i still can't get the img thing to work! oh well, saves space
Old September 12th, 2005, 07:16 AM   #11
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

well, it's purple,,,,with some white added.

after he welded in the patches, I had to build,
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/crbugs143/4.jpg

we decided to fill in the body line
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/crbugs143/5.jpg

the door was to far out so he replaced part of the outside skin
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/crbugs143/6.jpg

I think I did pretty good a blending
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/crbugs143/10.jpg

his first door skin isn't noticable
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/crbugs143/9.jpg

and the topside,
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/crbugs143/7.jpg

it's got a few bugs in the white cuz it was at night, nothing some wet sanding won't get out.
Old October 9th, 2005, 12:06 PM   #12
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

hmm, haven't added much here,,, so guess I will now.
Robert's been slowly finishing up on the fenders for the baha. he's gonna try to get this car out during his vacation in a few weeks. I'll post the fenders later, definatly different.
The owner also has decided not to do the type 4 engine,so now we're gonna rebuild the 1600 that was in it and change the autostick to a manual.
The lil girl is starting to get picky about things. First she liked the design now she hates the white on the outside, but wants white interior ,,, a redclay rd, yeah, that'll work,,,,,,,daddy says he's getting black .

Since the owner bought our 68 xl, he's been using it for deliverying parts, lil girl keeps grumbling, he'll be using this car instead!

The dunebuggie owner is starting to pick his parts out, already bought the sandrail frame out back. He's decideing what engine he wants. I made him whiteouts of the buggie and he's been playing with colors,,, i'll mention the scallops to him.
We still have no clue as to it's brand name,even the guys at the buggieforums don't know,, oh well, doesn't matter, we'll come up with something, he's gonna drive it around with his grand baby in the back, hmm, maybe baby's buggie?
oh well, back to reading.............................
C~n~R bugs
Old October 18th, 2005, 09:13 AM   #13
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

fenders are painted and as of last night , they are attached. a lil bedliner in the fenders tonight maybe.
I have to do a damp only bath on it, lots of dust .Glass isn't in yet and I don't want to get the dash soaked.
Owner is ordering the correct rims for it, the place he bought them from will help him out by taking the wrong ones back except for restocking, that's better than getting totally stuck with rims you'll never use. Hopefully he'll get some fatter tires for it too.
When it gets out in the yard again, I want to photoshop it with some bigger wheels.
it just looks funky with them skinny tires..............
next step...............
Old October 19th, 2005, 01:00 PM   #14
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

well, body wise it's back together,

Old November 8th, 2005, 05:57 AM   #15
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

went to herrell's in carrollton, got much of the stuff to finish this baja, including an engine rebuild kit. we started doing the headliner, yesterday when the heat came in , it is decided to get the good glue,, so we'll reglu it tonight and get some of the wrinkles out,, hey, it was free spray. That particulair spray glue might be good for other uses....

we have another edition to the lot out back , a 1960 splitty panel and we've already been doing ideas. here's a few......
yes, I'm a photoshop nut
btw, anyone wanting just line drawings of their cars to 'play' with,,, I do them sorta the hard way, but I think my lines are better than the line progam in most programs....... heard there was another member that did lots of photoshop so , I didn't want to mess up the front forum with it ........
Old November 13th, 2005, 01:03 PM   #16
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

headliner~ it's not perfect, but it'll work.patience, it takes patience

http://volksrods.com/forums/index.php?show...=0&#entry166923
Old November 22nd, 2005, 02:37 PM   #17
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

MY car
What's wrong with it? IT"S MY CAR! the carb is constanlty out of tune, I'm tired of watching him try to tune it again and again, it's like someone keeps screwing with it. the distributer doesn't want to stay in time either. I spent 20 bucks yesterday and had a damn key made for the door. it is now in the door, it's broke. there is away to break into a bug without going thru the door.We now know how to do this, there is now a dent in my rear fender because of frustration in doing this.
as for everything else. I"M A GIRL AND I HAVE AN ATTITUDE> period. So what else is new.

edit2 just so I don't bump to the top anymore.I checked my writing, terrible when I'm mad,,, ya'lls remarks on this forum donot bother me , So maybe I talk too much, maybe I read too much. I wish more of the other girls would step in and raze ya'll, :)
I'm no different then everyone else here, I get an attitude once in awhile. yes there's a lot of on hand work in this car,it's the first car from the bottom up that Robert and I have built together,,, but now I have the mind set, if someone offers $ for this thing, it's outta here. I can either build another one or put the long awaited for front porch on the house. Maybe I will switch the hood, and the exhaust make it 'normal' and advertise it .
shutting up again,,,,,,,,,,
Old December 6th, 2005, 09:13 AM   #18
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

<span style="color:#993399">yeah , I'm over the crap with my car, it'll get fixed in time. </span>

<span style="color:#993399">ok, on to progress. Robert put the insulation in , and has the carpet in. The autostick and axles are layin on the ground, he pulled a trans from the other super we have, will install that later. </span>

<span style="color:#993399">The owner (I call~baja pete)came in to the store yesterday. He's now decided to let us install the interior. He's ordered, black vinyl, the complete kit.. I think it will be here sometime next week. I guess the engine is next, this weekend is supposed to be just as cold as now. Once it runs, moves, and has a place to put the butt, IT'S OUTTTA HERE!!!!! </span>

<span style="color:#993399">The dunebuggie (I call~boss man pete) is for next year, guess we'll be seasonal workers , at least until we get a real garage. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] </span>
Old January 3rd, 2006, 05:17 PM   #19
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

<span style="color:#993399">well 3 weeks off for a terrible flu bug. He's done alot of lil things I didn't bother to post, kinda normal stuff. So , he rebuilt the engine just before the really cold shit came in 2 weeks ago. As the weather has warmed abit, he got it finished, trimmed the alt for the carb linkage , replaced the clamp fittings on the exhaust to a pr of bolt together flanges. Last night he test ran it on the ground first, only minor carb adjusting after it got warm. </span>

<span style="color:#993399">tonight he has it installed and it starts and dies by the key... still has to do them blasted fast blinkie lights!!!! and then the headlights. But he sauys here in the next few minutes, he's gonna put a block in the seat area and drive it out of the garage, I would pic it, but it's dark and what can you say about a guy sitting in a car? here's the pics.</span>

<span style="color:#993399">bytheway~ he says he's thinking about selling the autostick that came out of this, it was running fine when it drove in the garage last year, he was going to keep it,,, when it goes up forsale it will show up in the correct forum and there will be pics. And this is the only place it'll be posted,,, [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] </span>
Old January 11th, 2006, 05:27 AM   #20
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

<span style="color:#993399">so now it runs on it's own, the fast blinkie syndrome is fixed. Last night he put the headlight buckets in, misplaced the connectors, don't know if he found them, but there are more donors out back, I was in the barn working some wood (just for you dt113 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub.gif[/img] )</span>

<span style="color:#993399">anyway, said he needed to take bronco to work today, the interior arrived yesterday! yeah!!!! it won't be long now and this thing can leave !!!! I would attempt doing the purple critter, but yesterday was good weather, today it's drizzly , later will be rain, tomorrow, don't know.... </span>

<span style="color:#993399">gonna tell them, bring it back in late spring, weather will stabilize by then and plus the garage will be more open. Hubby says a whirlwind, more like a tornado, is gonna hit the garage as soon as this car leaves! lost tools, lost parts, lost things all over.......pack every thing in plastic bins and mark it.... wish that lady wouldve bought the dragon then we'd have another place to work....</span>

<span style="color:#993399">pics later to night...</span>
Old January 16th, 2006, 10:34 AM   #21
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

<span style="color:#993399">oops, never did put pics in the last post, oh well headlights is headlight...</span>

<span style="color:#993399"> Deer season is officially over, bad last weekend, rain, howling wind and a full moon, now it's time to get some more tree rats, my dept!, so he started the interior install yesterday.Pro Scat, seats are nice, they lay almost all the way flat. Got the racks in for those, and the rear covers are tie down, no clamping needed,, likes. The panels??? well they look great, but theclips they sent are worthless, plus the back board is not as strong as the original, holes don't line up right so you have to twist the clips around,, gotta reglue a couple of holes, luckily they're at the bottom. these clips said not to use with boots, well, he's ordering a set today with boots!</span>

<span style="color:#993399">here's pics,</span>

sorry, forgot to turn the pic before I loaded it,,,,

Old January 30th, 2006, 06:31 AM   #22
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

<span style="color:#993399">it gots bumpers now! He borrowed a tubing bender and bought a stick of steel for the front, he's going to put some plate steel on top of the brackets, then take it off , clean up the welds , then paint it.

the rear, can you guess what he used here? he didn't buy it, it's recycled. and it had the right curve..
hint~ kids like to jump on them~
hey, it works,

just lil stuff left to do.....
</span>
Old February 8th, 2006, 07:27 AM   #23
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

<span style="color:#993399">well, here's a better shot of just the rear cage, he mixed some purple, high metalliv silver and some black, then fired up the furnace and painted the front and rears, looks good.

and yesterday the owner got the new wheels to him, now we're waiting for him to get the other 3 adapters to us and then they can get bolted on,,,,
I think it's gonna have a nice stance, hubby says it looks like it's gonna be taller than his!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]
That's ok, he says he's gonna start planning out his to be redun, wants the toad to be wider and taller,,, still thinking rock crawling.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img] ~~~~ [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
LATER!
</span>
Old February 11th, 2006, 01:54 PM   #24
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

<span style="color:#993399">It's got big feet now,,, ! and the new pinted cage is in... the list is getting shorter! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/driving.gif[/img]
</span>
Old February 28th, 2006, 05:32 AM   #25
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

<span style="color:#993399">almost done with this one [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img]
can't wait to see it out of the yd, almost 2 years on this .... He got the stereo in it, wow it sounds great! wants to put these speakers in mine. I gave up my running boards, cuz he just couldn't find a set in what we have that are decent and I think the new extruded ones will be better to set off the trim on mineso we'll get a set from herrell's later. He even fixed the booboo on the rear fender where he backed in to it a few months ago [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crybaby.gif[/img] , all better now [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/clapping.gif[/img] . he's off this weekend and providing he can get the wet sanding and polishing done during the week, it'll be on a trailer and going home this weekend. The owner will bring a lil cream colored one over to get it rewired, and then when it goes back, the owner will bring the to be vrod [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img] . Between that and the bus,,, I got a lot of planning to do [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif[/img]

as for the art I'm supposed to put on it,, I'm going to wait until late spring, weather will be more stablil and will be able to get it all done in a weekend....

next project is the dunebuggie for dr_d, but he may have a different one and we may get this on,,,, oh the switching continues!
think we'll need to get dealer tags from all the toys we'll have!
later,,,</span>