Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Go Back   Cut-Weld-Drive Forums > The VolksRodders Forum > Members Intros and Project Updates!

Members Intros and Project Updates! New member introductions and project updates...
Your ongoing "journals"...

User Information
Your Avatar

Stuff to check out...

Cool stuff you NEED!

Forum Stats
Members: 17,475
Threads: 32,236
Total Online: 525

Newest Member: b2oj48cd

Latest Threads
- by yimbo
- by JiI

Old January 27th, 2007, 10:43 AM   #51
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums
Angry Re: purplemyth

I need to vent! AGAIN!
seems there was a big puff of smoke and engine lost oil press, 0, and spiked to 280*! .......................

I'm just venting~ so we'll see what happens now~

So we'll see what happens tomorrow,

I vented and took out the trash
Originally Posted by fishguts
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.

Last edited by purplemyth; January 29th, 2007 at 11:44 AM.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2007, 09:48 AM   #52
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: purplemyth

ok, after some checking and changing dragon seems to be ok, but I swear when it rains it's freakin pours!

was to get taxes done today, missing a form so hubby is going to get them to fax it to him, will be tomorrow , hopefully, now the good part. While tearing my desk apart looking for said form that supposedly came last year,,,,, I pull a roller file box from under my desk, only to find, my desk is damaged! coming apart! it's soaked! So now I get to dismantle and move my whole freaking computer to get to wall behind. I see roof repair, wall being torn out, floor being cut out and their goes the tax money which was going to get us out of debt . All probably caused by a twister that went thru here some 6-7 years ago right after the house was put in. What a freakin night mare. what the heck might as well jinx it all to hell, the bronco has no pwr steering, pump is bad, my car will probably bust a gut sometime soon since it's major fever spkie saturday and the bay will probably bust a gut , maybe while I'm up town and hubby can't come get me anytime soon due to being out of town at work now.............
when are things going to go right for a change
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
Old February 6th, 2007, 09:41 AM   #53
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

well the adjuster just left, they'll cover the roof damage but the interior is ours to fix, est at 492.00, - the deductible of 250, he handed me a check for 242. that along with the 400 he got from selling the mini tractor, should get it fixed. Hopefully before next hard rain comes along, until then, my lil deflector piece I installed will have to do.

As for an automotive update~ Guy hasn't called back about ditching the 356 engine yet,and we have somebody interested~~~ waiting sucks, I know~

Dragon seems to be holding up. And is getting decent milage with a new fuel pump. So until something else crops up or more work on the current baja~
later~
oh, and thanks Larry, I wasn't going to call ins, glad I did, a lil is better than nothing
Old March 20th, 2007, 05:45 AM   #54
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

May have just gotten a break with our engine troubles.
Just had my classmate friend call, we had arranged for him to buy a 74 super a couple of years ago. Bug ran great. This past weekend, he went out of town and the bug got in a wreck, he wasn't driving , and his son is okay. But due to circumstances surrounding the car now, he wants to get rid of it. Asked if we wanted it back, no strings attached. If we don't take it, he was going to take it to a junk yard. I told him of course we'll take it. We'll erase all the bad memories and make it new. Depending on what the damage is, we'll either fix it or just swapp out the power and tranny to go in the toad. Dragon is just not liking the constant driving. We have a super out back, maybe some parts from it will put this super back on the rd in a short time. I'll post pics when he brings it back this weekend.
Sad way to get a car, but at least everyones ok.
Old March 27th, 2007, 03:47 PM   #55
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

Super should be here THIs sunday. Freind has one of those jobs, they say now, you say yes sir~

Still having fits with dragon, seems pressure and temps go wacky when ever they want. He tried other senders and finally another gauge, ahhh, the gauge is defunked. So he got a new one. While ordering, he got a vdo tach and the dipstick temp unit is in the mail .
So now toad can have the big green tach back. Was getting accustom to that and I wouldn't be surprised if the tailgaters have been because they could see a red glow on the dash and would instigate things.
either way, dragon's dash is a lil cleaner now.

A lil bit of build stuff, the baja #2. He built a battery area

and the rear shelf

then cut the butt off

then deskinned apron with the front a/c vents

need to get seals and a few other things after the front is designed out, then it will be on to body work!
Old March 31st, 2007, 08:34 PM   #56
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

what a day,
Got a call from my classmate yesterday, he is a member of a young marines group in his area and things have just gotten too busy for him to bring the super down, so~ RD TRIP!!! long story short, had a great day, hooked up super with a tow bar and a set of magnetic tow lights, brought it home. Took it easy as he said it shimmies bad at 45mph. All it needs to be on the rd again is a new windsheild, front bumper and new skin on the front apron. And figure out the shimmy, probably a bent rod under the front. No biggie, have another super out back, can switch some around and get it driving again.
Will post pics tomorrow in daylight.
Oh and hubby gave the walt's vrs shirt a good dose of dirt ! had to reattach the tow bar under neath, it as a lil bent.
Nothing a good washing won't fix~
oh and my freind said he had some folks up there wanting to buy it before it got wrecked, so , they, could , cut off the top,,,, to make a .................................................. ............................................

pasture runner!!!!

we'll make it all better in a short time, I want my dragon back!!!!!
later~

here's a pic~

it's been washed and scrubbed and inspected. Needs a front strut, one is broke.it'll get worked on over time, got to get that baja out first! How about, dark blue heavy metallic~ and,,,,, BLUE FLAMES!

and just had a visitor~ guy with the old triumph, got this a couple months ago~

Last edited by purplemyth; April 1st, 2007 at 11:53 AM.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 09:47 AM   #57
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

was cleaning out old enotes~ found this piece of work from oct of last year, our freind who used to own the super. Well, he barred me from spreadin this around, but now that the super is ours, he aint got nothin on me now! lol

before you read, know this, my friend was a newbie with vws~
was~

OCT 3rd, 823am
Howdy Howdy ~ boy have I got a bug story to tell you!
Well, Well, Well....let me tell ya all about it! I figured it'd be a good time to pull some good maintenance on the bug last night. Sooo, I got some fresh oil, and cleaning stuff. Put the car up on ramps, pulled the air cleaner off and washed it out right good. Pulled the valve covers off, cleaned it up right good, put some new gaskets on. Cleaned the engine nice'n purty. Double checked all the nuts, bolts and screws, ensuring they're nice'n tight. Got a new heater hose thingamagig, so I'd have some good heat this winter and replaced the old torn up one. Did a real bang up job just squaring away the ol gal. So ~ y'know that hose that goes from the oil fill point and connects to the air filter pan on the carb?? Well, seemed to me, that a lot of unnecessary oil would keep blowing by through there.... So. I start to thinking. ~ yes, I said "thinking." Got to lookin' right close. Thought maybe there may have been something missing; like a filter or something??? So ~ {yup, still thinking} I fabricated one! I'm a freaking Genius!! Yep, took an old piece of cotton cloth and fabricated a filter to stuff into that piece of platic thingamajiggy that hooked up to the air filter pan. NO ~ you say! YES ~ I say! My educated reasoning?? Well let me tell you about it: I figured that hose connection was like something as an emissions control; y'know, like a vacuum... so I'm just doing some of that there preeducated thinking, by contemplating, that my new found "filter" would allow for some air flow of some sort, while reducing the passage of oil. Sounds good don't it!! You better not be laughing at me!! Wanna know what happened next?! Or do you already know?

I got up around 0515 this morning, took nice warm shower, shaved, brushed my teethesess, got dressed; woke the kids up at zero six to get ready for school, kissed the ol' lady, and out the door I went to my daily drudge here at work ~ Of course, it's still pitch dark this time of morning. Y'know, mostly this time of day, I get a good, oh, say about 15 miles down the road before I really encounter any other vehicle traffic. So here I go, headed to work. Hi, Ho, Hi Ho, Off to work I go ~
I'm rolling down river road, and finally intersect with hwy 56 N. and start heading towards Augusta. After crossing the RR, and topping two big hills, some traffic finally catches up with me for the first time. Hey! Guess What!?! Know what happens when cars come up from behind you in the dark??? Well, let me tell you! ~ First, lets go back a paragraph ~ Remember my maintenance thing? And my self claim to GeniusHood?? Oh! And my brilliant "fabricated" filter!? Okay, off-track.... Back on the road again ~ Here comes traffic behind me...headlights a blaring....Guess what I see?? SMOKE!! Smoke billowing more than a steam locomotive! But from where?? IT WAS MY CAR!!! ~ you can stop laughing now..
So, I immediately pulled into the closest convenience store. Backed up under a light, got out and opened the hood, engine still running. Sigh ~ that was a mistake. Ever see a white fire inspectors shirt after an oil gusher due to oil being slung all over the place by an alternator belt? ~ got the picture yet? Oil was shooting out everywhere!!!!! Well, I did some a.s.a.p quick thinking about what I may have done different when I maintenanced the bug. . . hmmmm. . . . EUREKA!!! Fabricated Filter! So ~ right quick, I pulled the filter out {always carry a tool kit with you}, and sure enough: Oil quit spurting out everywhere!! So ~ any lessons learned here yet?? #1 - Don't fuck with it, if you don't know about it. #2 - Don't work on smoking cars while wearing a white fire inspectors shirt.

After all said and done, I topped off the oil; reported in to work looking like I just came from a texas oil rig, got a cup of coffee, changed my shirt {thank God I had another one here in my locker}, sat down behind my desk and contemplated taking a deep look within my soul, and re-figger how "genius" I just really am.............

If you don't stop laughing at me, you're gonna get a spankin!!!!!

My reply? mmmmmmm buwahaaaahaahaahaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old April 5th, 2007, 06:25 AM   #58
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

my intro is gonna get confusing, so many projects, oh well, easier to have all in one place for me.
I called hubby and asked if I could gut the super fire. (my nick name for it, 1 hubby wants flames on it later, 2 the p.o. is a fire inspector) He said go ahead, might as well. I didn't want him to start driving it and it look all beat up inside. P.O just didn't have time to do anything with it while he had it.
So, Took all the carpet out, dug out about 1/2 gall of oil soaked sand from the pedal area, master cyl boot look shredded, might be the cause of the no brakes and loss of fluid our freind said it had. I love our freinds very much, but sorry, no excuse for letting it get this packed ....
After that, I don't have the strength to pull the seats out so I went on to the headliner, cut it out , left the bows in place. Used an old wire brush and a used grinder disc to remove all the stuffing and scrtched down some of the glue.

Hubby looked it over when he got home, said might just go ahead and detail it inside and get it painted now. He wants to get the full rubber mats to go inside. He drives more than me and sand is problem here too.

here's the pics of what I did.

I also went out back and cut the windsheild out of the super rolls , it's good for a temp glass . This super fire also got some of my blood, I geuss I sliced my elbow on a piece of glass in a seat, my elbow was covered in blood, didn't even feel it, and later I sliced my thumb cleaning the fuzz from the door jams,,, lil blood sucker these cars are

today, more sanding.
Old April 14th, 2007, 03:06 PM   #59
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

ok , what is it? more like what are they? Steve has his bees, I have these, tiny noseeums. They swarmed the dragon while I was bathing it AND mE! they bite too! This is on ultra fine and macro setting, they are lil monsters! wouldve put it out front but didn't know where and storms are coming so might not be here tomorrow~

Anyway, super~ new struts, (minus 1 coil on each side) new mastcyl, bled brakes, stops now. NOW can install some seats and it'll be drivable come monday.

also got a project in the mail today, can't tell what it is , I'm sworn to secrecy

Old April 21st, 2007, 04:42 PM   #60
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

well, I haven't been around much. Thought I got my dragon back tuesday, hubby took the super to work, hmm, 30mins later called and was limping it home. Turns out all the balljoints and stuff were worn out too. So ordered the rest of it. Now have about 500 in this free car. Oh well, no biggie, had to be done.
So today it's all installed, lined up the wheels best as possible. Will take it to a shop next week and get it alighned. THEN hopefully I get my dragon back. Hopefully~
Old May 6th, 2007, 06:12 AM   #61
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

hmm, haven't heard from baja guy since we picked up the 356 from him. we've tried calling,nothing. Anyway~
I have 2 boxes that will be going out tuesday. Shipping engines~ you must break them down, a bit~, Trucks won't take anything over 150lbs any more, and they add a fuel charge up the wazoo for it now since gas is way up too. Even from hubby's store, it's not cheaper. But it goes tuesday from the pick up in town,,, sorry for the delay~

I've had my dragon back now for the whole week, it was great! Now I'm going to add some more paint to it. Why not, the pruple needs to be repainted, but the charcoal on the sides is ok, except for some first job streaks in the metallic. Well, I'm going to use those 'mistakes' and add some dimension to the sides~ will post pics when I'm done, maybe next week. I have to wet sand and get some clear first.
And hubby had a guy offer to buy super for whatever price he named,,,, he said no ... He can't bitch at me now for turning down 5grand on dragon last year, soo tthhttt!
Old May 9th, 2007, 03:31 PM   #62
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

he shoulda sold it.
The engine is worn out. it's gone from a qt of oil /3days to a qt every day.
I'm not gonna ask where the curse came from but I swear there is one.
Won't be long and every vw here will be parked until further notice!!!!
can you tell I'm pissed off? yes, I'm pissed off! I'm so sick a the f***ing engine problems!

lil miss indepence is rearing her ugly head again, and I'll pay for it later. ~>:(
stopping now before I say something that will offend somebody
Old May 26th, 2007, 05:25 PM   #63
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

well, he took the engine from the bay , found a loose cyl nut. Installed it, ran fine. A couple days later, the combustion leak was back. Next weekend, took it out, same cyl nut ready to fall off again.Stud was pulling out. Got some case savers and made that stud tight again. Took the head off on that side, and found the cyls were not sitting flush, switched them, sat better.Tightened everything back up, put on clean heaterboxes and reinstalled, runs much better!

So, today, he reinvented his dbl exhaust from the bay to a single large shorty muffler he got from a guy at a shop friday.(some kid had it on his honda, got several tickets for being too loud! ) so he installed it, gonna get some exhaust wrap to hide his welded pieces~

we took off for town got back and I got branded!

I already have draon's tail scars, now I have a super fire scar!
just not used to these high profile vehichles!

He also installed his splitfire gauges , and now he's gotta change the sender unit, splitfire doesn't read from a vdo the same, no way that thing was running at 300* and still have 25lbs oil and still run smoothly at idle!
Old June 12th, 2007, 06:05 AM   #64
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

second attemp to post, first one was wrecked by a freakin dog/cat fight I won.

basic~ his super runs fine, my burn is healed. dragon slinging oil from the pulley and still runs hot.

The baja is on hold. owner called up in a drunken rage , robert was still at work, at 745pm. Started bitchin at him,he wants his car. Well the deal was in 'our spare time" thats how a hobby works. That means when our shit breaks , it supposed to gets first dibs. And right now dragon is grounded to cooler weather only, bay is still grounded.
we had other projects to do first, but this got pushed in front. Well now it may get pushed out!

So we'll see what happens now.

I want to get started on dolling up the super, give hubby a fancy car to drive for once, he's never had a completed car, time he gets one.

by the way, anyone know approx how much a rolls royce kit, just front fenders and a rear deck would be worth? I'll take pics and may post it up for sale, gonna start weeding out some stuff .

later folks, my bitchin is done~

edit~ I aint gonna pop this back up just cuz this chapter is closed. I'll drop new things in when something worthy is done, say, the body work and repaint and maybe some custom effects on his super

Ya know how you have a seriuos discussion and it sometimes takes a couple days for phrases to reenter your brain? Well hubby said today, while we were covering this car, 'owner said~ hell, you may never see me again, might as well keep the damn car' Either way, this damn car has been wrapped up and removed from the garage. I got plastic and a large reusable canvas to cover it. Yesterday I wipe rust preventor on any bare spots, hubby took the strut and plate off our 71 and put it on it just so we wouldn't have to fight with it to roll right. (ours will get all new stuff anyway~) engine was bolted back in and sealed up. Today it rolled out back. Stupid thing is, if this guy couldve held his liquor til next month, damn car wouldve been finished.

So now, garage is empty, we'll work on cleaning it up, find tools we've lost and start some of our overdue projects. Dragon's cave has been temporarily closed
the final pic~

Last edited by purplemyth; June 17th, 2007 at 11:25 AM. Reason: just closing this chapter
Old July 2nd, 2007, 10:40 AM   #65
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

well that thing still sits out back~ dead project.

He has started on something else that was to have been done by spring (before that dead thing got pushed in ) he took the GT off the frame we have, put bossman's unknown buggy on it. either frame has to be shortened or the buggy lengthened. Boss says, I want a family buggy. So seeing where seats will sit, probably gonna cut the buggy and stretch it. He'll have extra room for a nice bench in the back!
couple of pics to follow~

still never found out it's name,

Last edited by purplemyth; July 2nd, 2007 at 10:52 AM.
Old July 4th, 2007, 07:50 AM   #66
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

and thinking of trimming the front fenders, looks too much like a bulldozer with them long bits , make it more buggy looking~

I'm gonna try to steal hubby's car and stripe it , if it comes out decent, I'll post it
edit~ didn't do stripes but I'll have all weekend~

here's the results of the cuttin~

trimmed fenders

Last edited by purplemyth; July 5th, 2007 at 08:01 AM.
Old August 30th, 2007, 07:21 AM   #67
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

lil update on the buggy then onto something that has been pushed out.
Weather and time haven't been good to do a whole lot to buggy. He did lay some glass over the board work but humidity and heat doesn't provide the best for doing and good work, owner understands and is patient.

Now, the seriuos stuff~ The buggy owner, we call him bossman(hubby's prev mgr) called up this morning, seems he is going to be a mediator. He got a visit from the baja guy who owns the prev baja project. He admits he screwed up. He was having a bad day (aw) and wasn't feeling good (aw) and let his sugar get out of balance and had been drinking (dumbass) Says it was bad that he took his frustrations out on Robert (damn right it was ) ! Now he is too chicken to call robert and apologize for he mistake. (wtf?) But is asking if we will finish his car. Understands that if we say no, it's no hard feelings, but would like it if we could.

So now, robert calls me after he told bossman "I wanna talk this over with carlene first" , What do I think?
Part of me says no, make him haul it all out! You have another project in the cave, it was rude for guy to push this sec baja in front of buggy to start with!
Bossman says if you decide to work on it, that's ok, I can wait, cuz I don't think he (baja guy) has much time left.
So the softie side of me says, sure finish it. BUT~~~~ lay the rules out. All parts needed, he orders thru bossman's store, pays in ful to him. We lay out the cost for labor, we get 1/2 now,Rest on delivery, cash, no more trading for parts (that usually are junk anyway , examples ~ the t3 engines) . HE has a choice, we do this set up or that set up. NO changes in mid stream, no addons, no extras. the car will be drivable and safe, but no beefing up the engine, no fancy paint work, a basic car only.
We have been suckered by this man for way too long, he may be in failing health but I'm sorry, he did it too himself. He has let his mouth overload his ass and ruined a very good friendship. Robert was willing to do alot for this man a year ago. Even go to his house and do other work, like building a roof over a rental trailer the man bought. But now?, no. The carpet has been rolled up on us too many times, and by this man. I just can't bring myself to go out of my way and go above and beyond anymore.
It pissed us off that the car sits out back now unfinished, We had about 2 weeks left to have it ready for paint. With robert's new position an now getting the cave cleared out, it will take us, no less than a month now to have it out.
The choices are
1, reflare the fenders, brakes, headliner, all new installed seals and glass, full paint. singlestage paint or b/c paint, his choice of a reg single color.
2 the above but to primer only.
3 haul it away as is.

whatever choice is made, the end is the end.

just had to vent , I've had a few ask if this guy has ever called, well there it is.
I am not going to watch my hubby work his ass off and have lil or nothing to show for it anymore. We have lost too much in the last few years since doing work for this man. Time for it to stop and get on with our own lives again.
Old August 31st, 2007, 01:10 PM   #68
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

well, on the same day the above happened, hubby called back later to ask, 'wanna buy a red 62 for $200?" I knew who's is was. Seems the owner, an 18yrold child, yes child, has been put in a real predictement. Lost his job, can't get his tool box til his $900 bill at work is paid, then step dad and mom said, get all you car/truck stuff out of the yard, or it goes to the crusher. So, he knows we can redo the car. Originally it was as is, with the fancy wheels on it, but step dad got wind he had sold it and said um no, the wheels stay, no biggie, car and engine are still worth about 200 to us.
There is a long history to this car, and I won't bother going into it. Basically the kid has screwed up the fenders and his real dad fiberglassed the fenders on. We will replace the floor pans, fix the door jam to make the frame solid again, rebuild the engine, and install an interior. Then repaint and probably sell.
Money for the vrod~
oh, the vrod? yeah, well the 60's rag? rag is thinking about going in his car, top will already be of, so there ya go~ heeheehee

ok, onto pics before I get booted again~

before~ (all pics in the gallery, too lazy to go get links.)
a pretty maroon
flakes, yep, oh and these are rainbow flakes~

after, child cut fenders cuz he removed front shocks to lower it, he then needed clearance

he didn't like getting ribbed for a 'bowling ball ' paint job, so he sanded it and rattle canned the fenders.

he also had a boom box in the back and a mess of wires up front.
all in all, worth the 2 we pd. I'm thinking a nice red/white combo, but this will be for next year.
oh and he said he has to dig engine out from the back of the shed, but yet still asked if he could get pd, sorry child, we know you too well, and I'm not about to go repossesing another engine from him,,,, payment when order filled
kids~

oh and nope, not giving this to my teen, remember, he said he has no interest in bugs, turned his nose up at the super we bought him last year~ nah, this is vrod money~

just another to the herd out back, still have 7/8ths of an acre to fill ! loloooo

edit~ traded kid chevy engine parts for the eagle wheels and tires. Stock for a vrod maybe? I doubt it. Will look good on a stock painted up bug though.

Last edited by purplemyth; January 1st, 2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old November 29th, 2007, 07:38 AM   #69
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

short and to the point this time~

the baja is suppose to leave today via trailer/rollback whatever.
bad thing~ I need to get to the p.o. to ship some things out, and I was told, car will be picked up between 9 and mid afternoon~ well that is all day to me~

that's it, nothing else
Old January 1st, 2008, 10:00 AM   #70
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

well how about a new year update?
to start, the pics above are in the gallery. And the beige baja is gone, finally.

Toad doesn't belong to us, but the extended buggy does. He has been working for the last 3, now 4 weeks on getting an engine together that runs for toad. He's disgusted and so am I . I think I see a recycling run coming up soon.
new owner has brought over an engine he bought yesterday, has a fresh rebuild on the case, just a matter of switching heads and cyls, fire it ,then install it. Then on to other stuff, new seats and reinstall the glass. Then new wheels and it leaves.
Edit~Engine had water in it, and his bearings are locked up too, this totally sux.

The bay still sits, and it will til we have either all new engine parts or just buy a crate engine. One of the 60's, either that kids car or the rag will get simple built up, drove while signs in it say for sale. Drivin sells better than sitting. But one thing at a time I guess. After no more pressing 'others' projects, tha garage can get a cleanout.

So, when I have something worthy of posting ,I will.
til next time~

Last edited by purplemyth; January 1st, 2008 at 10:32 AM.
Old January 17th, 2008, 02:20 PM   #71
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

final update on toad, I should put this in his intro since it's/was his car
anyways~ it hsa na engine, and has feet worthy of the rd,,,,, thinking, I should put this under dr_d, it's his car! but he never made an intro, bad boy~
ok ok, (cold has gotten to me ) dr_d and our freind james came over and finish putting it back together . I helped , fetch tools and put the rear seat back in it.

So , pics, it's not sitting high and beefy nomore,,,, now it's a street low baja. It'll do for saving some gas $ for dr_d. He's thinking of changin it's color. Hubby said COOL I can paint my super slime lime now!

As it sat before it left~

Happy trails toady, you were a fun set of wheels~
Old May 24th, 2008, 08:24 AM   #72
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

here's another page in the story of dragon's bay.
Super got a rebuilt engine a month ago. lots of new internal parts. It has been broken in well, several long straight runs. So he has a guy sorta interested in buying the super, but nothing confirmed yet, as in no deposit and lord knows we could really use it right now.
Anyways, I have no idea what # swap this is, but it's going back to a reg vw engine in the bay. I think it'll be happier that way. NO MORE FLAT stuff!
Engine is out of super, sitting on the floor, all the bus tin back in place, he has the crossmember waiting to be reinstalled. Only be a matter of time now. Bay has been fitted back in the stall, or should I say dry dock? lol!
He has to go get a new set of plugs and then some gas, super is almost empty judging by mileage and bay has 0 in it.
After he's done, he'll drive it awhile, see what the mileage is like then decide whether it is a daily for him or becomes my once every other week driver to town.

No matter, at least it will be movable. It has the 1000+ (I can't remember what the actuall was but it was more than that) we paid for it, plus new tires, new brake system and all new linkage, it has $$$ in it.
As soon as it gets moving, I'll post it up~
Old May 24th, 2008, 01:18 PM   #73
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

sucky video but,
I'm excited!
no, that's not smoke behind it, it's dust, no rain here lately!

he said he was playing nascar, full bore then lay on them brakes!
dragon's bay lives!
Old June 14th, 2008, 07:37 AM   #74
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

hmm well, super sits with an engine that got hot last weekend. It turns over by hand nicely, but with the starter sounds like shit. Will find out later. It's just holding the jacks down for the time being.

SInce I am driving the bay now, time to fiddle with it. It's got some stripes and now time to cover this uncomfortable scratchy seat.

wanted to go with a more modern pattern, but store was closed yesterday. Toad likes this, and it sorta matches, at least the lil blue stripe does. So will find a different but matching fabric for the back seat later.

has the old bus look to it, oh well.
I have turned the edge over 2 times, will put in 1/4" grommets thru that. Then take thick string and weave it back and forth after I get it tucked over the seats, then tighten it up, kinda like the old time corsets that women used to wear . Bungee cords would just deteriorate in the heat.

will post when they are finished and set.
Old June 14th, 2008, 07:47 AM   #75
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

oh and he degreased the car engine last night, hadn't been thoroughly done since the sand seal went in, and now appears the fuel pump plate is leaking. I grumbled it was leaking more and more for the past month. Aint one thing it's another. at least it's an easy fix.